Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Make Deepavali Extra Special with These Tips!

by Community Manager on ‎12-11-2020 05:51 PM

Dance, laugh and feast! The festival of lights is here, so we’ve lined up the dos (and don’ts) to ensure a special yet safe celebration. Check them out below, and discover the meaning behind each tradition.

Light up your house with bright colours. Don’t forget to bring those colourful Diyas out.

lights.jpg

Just like any festivity, decorating your house with bright colours and lights is part of the celebration! In this case, houses are cleaned and usually lit up with beautiful Diyas!

Here’s a fun fact: Deepavali is associated with Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth & beauty. People believe that Lakshmi brings her wealth and fortune to the clean and well-lit homes she visits.

Endless Murukkus and Sweets for the family!

snacc.PNG

You know it’s Deepavali houses when there are endless of Murukkus and Sweets for everyone to enjoy! These Deepavali treats are commonly made two weeks in advance and kept hidden so that the kids, or adults (I'm guilty) don’t gobble them all down before the day itself. 

The key to Kolams and Rangolis are colours, colours and MORE colours.

kolam.jpg

Kolams/Rangolis are art forms that originated in India. The purpose is to feel strength, generosity and to bring in good luck during this festive season. The designs are passed on from ancestors and that usually symbolizes the rich heritage of an Indian community. 

There are no limits on what colours to use or how it should be designed, so bring out your artistic vision and let the colours come to life! If you're not sure, try searching on Google or Pinterest on some of the beautiful designs.

Dress to impress with brand new Kurtas & Kurtis!

traditional clothes.jpg

Dress your best when you gather with family and friends with brand new Kurtas & Kurtis! People view Deepavali with high positivity and wearing new clothes symbolises a new, fresh & positive start. But it’s never compulsory, we believe that there is nothing wrong with wearing last year’s outfit too!

Early morning temple visits are enlightening but don’t forget your SOPs.

temple.jpg

During Deepavali, it is a tradition for Hindus to visit temples on the morning of Deepavali to offer their prayers before visiting their friends and family. However, do note that with the current CMCO lockdown in certain areas, the government has prohibited visits to friends, allowing only visits to immediate family members. If you're not sure, you can click here to find out more about the Deepavali SOPs. 

Fill your plates (or banana leaves) up with mutton or vegetarian biryanis.

food.jpg

It’s all about the food! Deepavali offers an abundance of Indian food to be shared by friends and family. With mutton, biryani, samosas, murukkus and many more, it seems like every Malaysian festive season has a lot of eating to do. Not that we're complaining! 

A little sparklers and small fireworks!

sparkles.png

Fireworks and sparkles add more light to a celebration that's already filled with beautiful colours. Their original significance is meant to destroy evil and attract good fortune. Plus you can also entertain the kids and keep them busy!

While you’re celebrating with your close family, discover the spirit of ‘Villalan’ and check out Digi’s Deepavali video here:

Comments
by Valued Contributor
on ‎12-11-2020 05:58 PM

PLEASE SHARE THE TIPS, IF YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION IS POOR, WHAT CAN WE DO, IN PRACTICAL WAY!

pLS DONT ASK ME TO REPORT VIA MY DIGI APP. THIS IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I  am facing poor internet and call quality for my residential...in KL/Selangor. 

i have raised the questions/problems for thousand of time, but same answer from digi, we acknolwege the problem, and will put in for future network expansion plan...or blah blah blah...that we we still waiting the approval to set up the new towner.

I may be be understand in details, but as a user, this problem has been draginng it since 2017.  each month or few month once i raised the questions but the answer is the same.

Now it is worse, as work from home. You give me 100 gb or 10 gb, same, i cant use. 

call is ringing but drop immediately, or i cant hear what is over the phone.

Digi, pls tell me at least 3 years, now it is nOv 2020, are you giving me free for line plan? NO la,..i been paying digi postpaid for 20 years,..what did i get...a disapointed customer experience....what la all you forum la. digi customer day...la  i never participate for what ever even... i dont feel  it as proud as being customer of digi...not to say reward from digi...this is..................................................................................................................................................................may be caused i never on any contract with digi..so digi never bother......

tell me, how much am i going to suffer for your poor internet, pooor  phone call, and soon to be disappear 3g network, since my phone do support volte...but sad to see, cos this is not iphone, not samsung, so digi canot or dont have MOU with phone maker for volte, even the phone do support it.....

by Member
on ‎22-11-2020 05:02 PM
kimocy4@gmail.com
by Member
on ‎22-11-2020 05:05 PM
🙏
Labels

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers