Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

#DigiCares: Enjoy Free 1GB for Education, Productive and Information-Related Services

by Community Manager on ‎05-06-2020 03:34 PM - last edited on ‎07-10-2020 03:36 PM by Community Manager

Free1GB-Visual-03.jpg

Free health channels.png

We remain committed to keeping you connected to what matters most. Starting 1st July 2020, all Digi subscribers will be able to redeem free 1GB Productivity Internet for selected education, productivity and information-related services. Effective 1st July, free 1GB Productivity is available for all day usage from 12:01am – 11:59pm daily until the 31st of December 2020.

*Note that the free 1GB.Productivty Internet has been extended until 31 Dec 2020.

To redeem your free 1GB Productivity Internet, simply dial the UMB codes below:
Prepaid (Voice & Broadband): Dial UMB *338*1*1#
Postpaid (Voice & Broadband): Dial UMB *238*1*1#
*Note: Each customer is allowed to redeem this offer ONCE daily. It will NOT be auto-renewed. 

Additionally, Digi has also formulated specific offers to support customers who need it most with affordable and consistent connectivity during this new normal.
This includes:

For Prepaid customers:
- For additional data when in need, bite sized internet passes are available from as low as RM1 daily. 
- Stay protected with Digi Prepaid Abadi, Malaysia’s first prepaid plan that comes bundled with free life insurance cover. More information in the press release.
- Connect with what matters most with Digi Prepaid NEXT, the only prepaid starter pack in the market preloaded with a 30-day high-speed internet plan starting from RM15. More in the press release.

For Postpaid customers:
For seniors and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs), enjoy RM10 discount monthly for a lifetime on any plans. More here.

For more information about the free 1GB Productivity Internet, check out the FAQs below:

Q1. What app/services/websites can be accessed by the free 1GB Productivity Internet offer?

A1. It can be used for a range of education, productivity and information-related services. 

Q2. What apps/services/websites  are excluded from the free 1GB Productivity Internet offer? 
A2. Access to the following apps (both in app & browser) will utilise customers’ existing data plan. 

Gaming

Music

Arena of Valor

Apple Music

Call of Duty

JOOX

Free Fire

Shazam

King of Duty

Smule

Legend of
Runaterra

SoundCloud

Life After

Spotify

Lords Mobile

SYOK

Mobile Legends

QQ Music

PUBG Mobile

WeSing

Rise of Kingdoms

YouTube Music

Social Sites

Video

Bigo

Bigo

Facebook

DailyMotion

Instagram

FB Live

Snapchat

IGTV

Telegram

JOOX

TikTok

Netflix

Tumblr

TikTok

Twitter

Viu

WeChat

YouTube

YY

YY

Q3. Can the free 1GB Productivity Internet be used throughout the day?
A3. Yes, it can be used throughout the day from 12:01am till 11:59pm

Q4. I have redeemed the free 1GB Productivity Internet at 12pm today, how long can I enjoy the 1GB quota?
A4. You can enjoy the free 1GB Productivity Internet from 12:00pm onwards until 11:59pm. If you like to enjoy the Free 1GB Productivity Internet tomorrow, you are required to redeem again via UMB channel.

Q5. I have not fully utilised the free 1GB Productivity Internet today, can I carry forward the quota to the following day?
A5. No, your unutilised quota for the day will expire at 12:00 am. The remaining quota will be forfeited and you will need to redeem the free 1GB Productivity Internet again on the following day

Q6. Your website says the all-day usages for Free 1GB Productivity is effective on 1st July, 08.00 am. What happens if I redeemed the offer on 1st July, 12:01am, do I enjoy all day usages or until 6pm only?
A6. When you redeem at 12:01am on 1st July 2020, you will see the offer can only be used until 6pm. However, by 08:00am on 1st July 2020, your offer will automatically be updated to allow usages for all day until 11:59pm on 1st July 2020

For Prepaid Voice and Broadband Users

Q1. Am I eligible to enjoy this free 1GB Productivity internet? 
A1. This offer is only available to these Prepaid Rate Plans: 
Digi New Best v1, Digi New Best v2, Digi Smart Plans, Digi Best 2016, Digi Best 2017, Digi Prepaid LiVE, Digi Monthly Plan 28, Digi Abadi and Digi Home Broadband (Prepaid Broadband) 

Q2. I am not on the Prepaid Rate Plan mentioned above. How can I enjoy this free 1GB Productivity internet? 
A2. If you’re not on any of the Prepaid Rate Plans above, you are required to perform a Change of Plan to the currently available Rate Plans to enjoy this offer. 
You may dial UMB *128*1# to change your plan. 
Note: Please ensure that you do not have an active internet subscription prior to the “Change of Plan” request as it will not be carried forward to the new rate plan. Once your change of plan is successful, you may redeem the Free 1GB Productivity internet via *338*1*1#.

Q3. How can I redeem the free 1GB Productivity Internet offer?
A3. You can dial UMB *338*1*1# to redeem.

Q4. When is the redemption period?
A4. The redemption period is from 10 June until 31 December 2020. 

Q5. Is this a “one-time” or a “daily redemption” for the 1GB Productivity Internet offer?
A5. This is a daily redemption offer. Each subscriber can only redeem the offer ONCE a day. If you wish to enjoy the free 1GB Productivity Internet the following day, you must redeem the offer again on the following day. 

Q6. If I had successfully submitted the request to redeem the freebie but I did not receive any confirmation notification, what should I do?
A6. Please wait for a maximum of 4 hours for your request to be processed and do not retry your redemption again during that window. 

Q7. Which quota will be utilised first? The free 1GB Productivity Internet or my base quota?
A7. All usage for eligible services will utilise the free 1GB Productivity internet first. Once your free 1GB Productivity quota is exhausted, it will utilise your other quota bucket.

Q8: How can I check my quota balance?
A8: You may check your internet quota balance by dialing UMB *200 *1#

For Postpaid Voice and Broadband Users

Q1. Am I eligible to enjoy this free 1GB Productivity Internet? 
A1. This offer is available to all Digi Postpaid Consumer and Business - Voice & Broadband plans. For legacy rate plans that are on Internet Pay-As-You-Use subscriptions, you must first subscribe to a Monthly Mobile Internet bundle to activate Internet usage. This offer is not valid for Digi Postpaid Infinite users who are currently already enjoying unlimited Internet.

Q2. How and where do I redeem the freebies? 
A2. You can dial UMB *238*1*1# to redeem.

Q3. When can I start redeeming the 1GB Productivity Internet offer?
A3. The redemption period is 10 June until 31 December.

Q4. Is this a “one-time” or a “daily redemption” for the 1GB Productivity Internet offer?
A5. This is a daily redemption offer. Each subscriber can only redeem the offer ONCE a day. If you wish to enjoy the free 1GB Productivity internet the following day, you must redeem the offer again on the following day. 

Q5. If I had successfully submitted the request to redeem the freebie but I did not receive any confirmation notification, what should I do?
A5. Please wait for a maximum of 4 hours for your request to be processed and do not retry your redemption again during the window. 

Q6. Which quota will be utilised first? The free 1GB Productivity Internet or my base quota and other purchased Internet?
A6.  The free 1GB Productivity Internet will be utilised first, prior to the utilisation of all the stated Internet quota in the sequence below
1.Quota from free 1GB Productivity Internet
2.Quota from Free Weekend Internet  (if any and usage is on a Weekend)
3.Quota from Free YouTube (if any)
4.Quota from other Freebies  (if any for one-off or monthly recurring)
5.Quota from Internet Top Up purchase (if any for one-off or monthly recurring)
6. Quota from bundled All Day / Base Internet

Q8: How can I check my quota balance?
A8: You may check your internet quota balance by dialing UMB *200 *1#

Comments
by Member
on ‎10-06-2020 11:34 AM

Best...........

by Member
on ‎10-06-2020 11:58 AM

why i dial *338*1*1# cant get the free 1 gb?

by Member
on ‎10-06-2020 06:04 PM

THE 8am to 6pm option not found . ... the Full Menu appeared 

by Support
on ‎10-06-2020 06:17 PM

Please dial *128# >> My Account >> Call Plan to check your current plan ya. For more information, you may refer to these links- http://digi.my/cea, http://digi.my/wls. TQ.

by Member
‎11-06-2020 10:21 AM - edited ‎11-06-2020 10:36 AM

Youtube keep buffering, play store doesn't work ,social app doesn't work and only browser work.

by Super Contributor
on ‎11-06-2020 12:10 PM

if we never redeem or need this 1GB, why digi cannot give us some rebate to our postpaid bill, since government also helping on this...it may be small in value, but it is way of touching point  with customer, and even appreciation in this difficult times.

by Member
on ‎11-06-2020 02:30 PM

my plan is DiGi Best Prepaid v4, can i  claim the 1Gb?

by Member
on ‎12-06-2020 09:53 AM

How do I apply for the 1Gb on my broadband account when there is no option to key in the UMB code with my MiFi device. Thank you

by Member
on ‎12-06-2020 10:39 AM

The option to redeem free 1GB is invalid. *338*1*1# just shown the current internet balance. Kindly please fix this issue. Thank you.

by Member
on ‎12-06-2020 10:43 AM

Hi,

I am using prepaid Digi best v1

Claimed free productivity 1GB,

Can access gmail

Cannot access Google.meet

Cannot access  Google classroom

Please  rectify it.

Or  state clearly the limitations of free productivity 1GB .

by Member
‎12-06-2020 12:41 PM - edited ‎12-06-2020 01:22 PM

🤔

by Member
on ‎12-06-2020 03:48 PM

Hi, I noticed gmail, google classroom & other KPM digital e-learning unable to be access with this free 1GB 8am-6pm.

most student under KPM are using google base

by Support
on ‎12-06-2020 10:33 PM

Do PM/Inbox us the error message together with ur number to check further on this.

by Member
on ‎14-06-2020 10:05 AM

Hi,

Twitter is somehow blocked (connection timed out) when this redemption is active.

Unlike other sites excluded from utilising the free 1GB (FB, IG, Tumblr) that are still accessible at least, Twitter's website cannot load at all.

I have checked with another DiGi line without free 1GB redemption, and I'm able to access Twitter.

Kindly advise. Thank you.

by Member
on ‎15-06-2020 09:21 AM

before free 1GB Internet offered  no bad,

start  change update to free 1GB Productivity Internet very bad,

many app or web cannot download and open ,like whatsapp web(Work use), playstore (can't update version app).....

I have used digi for more than 11 years,lead me disappointed ,goodbye mydigi

by Member
on ‎16-06-2020 05:19 PM

I have tried whatever means I could find online but still no success to redeem the daily free 1GB benefit. This redemption never appear in my menu list. 

Methods that have been tried:

*128*88#    (not listed in the box of surprises) 

*888*1#       (this simply says no redemption available for me)

*338*1*1#    (just list out my daily internet usage etc)

My current Digi Plan: Digi Best Prepaid v1 (but this shouldn't be an issue since the rest of my family members with this plan can redeem the daily benefit)

What should I do next?

by Member
on ‎17-06-2020 01:35 AM

by Member
on ‎17-06-2020 02:36 PM

I can't  subscribe to  the 1GB free internet even though I typed the code .  It shown this service is currently unavailable. 

by Support
on ‎17-06-2020 05:11 PM

Shinshin, please PM us ur number, full name and full details above for further checking and assistance on this

by Member
on ‎18-06-2020 08:05 AM

Why Youtube is excluded? A lot of people use Youtube for educational purpose. And I got my daily dose of news from Youtube.

by Support
on ‎19-06-2020 02:05 PM

eddieteo, we appreciate ur feedback provided above. If there's any changes on the current offering, we will update u here ya.

by Member
‎20-06-2020 08:51 AM - edited ‎20-06-2020 08:52 AM

Hi Digi Team

please summarize which education platform are free using this 1GB (8am - 6pm)

thanks

by Member
on ‎23-06-2020 10:39 AM

There arent' enough info about this. So many people asked about the which platforms are covered under this 1gb productivity internet, yet no answer is provided by the person in charge.

Sure, the table above listed all entertainment-based platform which we all know won't be covered, but what about other platforms, like shopping, Airbnb, Fave, and the likes? How do u separate the usage between the free quota with my internet quota when I mix my browsing?

Also, can I tether this  to other users? 

There were few inquiries about how this free 1gb produtivity cannot be used to access gmail, google classroom & other KPM digital e-learning----please answer this inquiry, if you don't know, go and find out, that is your job as a customer service rep. 

by Member
on ‎23-06-2020 11:35 AM

Found this link of press release in digi website, yet they not replying few queries in this topic 

https://www.digi.com.my/about-us/media/press-releases/en/telecommunications-operators-announce-new-f...

so, KPM students which most of them are using google platform are not not entitle for this 1GB. 

by Member
on ‎24-06-2020 02:27 PM

Why'd you guys change the previous free 1gb to this one? The previous  free 1gb was so much better. Not only did you guys limit the websites we can go to, you also made it so that we have to manually redeem this everyday. WHY?

Please bring back the previous free 1gb. Can't do much with the current 1gb because of all it's stupid limits. Atleast remove the 8am - 6pm time limit if your gonna make it so restricted.

It's ironic that we can't use this "productivity" internet for anything productive lol.

by Support
on ‎24-06-2020 02:40 PM

The 1GB data is only limited to selected education, productivity and information-related services. It does not include gaming, music, social and video. For more info, u can check out this link - http://digi.my/cea, http://digi.my/wls

If there's any changes to the current offering, we will update the info here ya. Thank you for the valuable feedback received pertaining to this matter. 

by Member
on ‎25-06-2020 09:40 AM

hello and have a nice day, i dont find the best platform to express my disappointed feeling regarding your new incentive in giving 1gb internet free that your side claims it is "productivity plan" so here i am. im one of many students who is affected with this pandemic and need to do my online class, and for sure it requires internet connection, as your new free internet productivity plan has limited for a few sites and apps only, first of all it is a good way to make sure students use this incentive just for their study issue, but i hope your side can recheck again the limitation,
1. because im doing my class using google meeting just now, and it fails, i need to buy extra inernet plan that's quite expansive, my class some time took 2 hours long but no internet plan that suit that requirement,

2. fyi, our class also using YouTube because most of lectr upload their contents there, and we need to watch some educational videos for extra knowledge, since your side has imited that platform, nothing can do

3. telegram also one of the platform my lectr put the contents since tele can support a big members in one group, since your side has limited that platform, i loss a lot of information

4. i really hope your side can reconsider back the limitations untill we done with this online class, we keep using your service because we know you are better than this,

5. i think this is under government initiative, you can talk to our lovely goverment if your side need helps in term of investmnt or something benefit your side but please do not put a burden to student

4. i hope your side can reconsider this issue and it helps a lot for students like me with low income family and i sure the rest will be pleasure for that, thank you for your concerns regarding this, and thank you

by Support
on ‎25-06-2020 01:39 PM

fannn, we appreciate ur valuable feedback on the above. If there's any changes on the current offering, we will update the info here ya

by Member
on ‎08-07-2020 10:16 AM

cant be use for google classroom and google meet !!!! im so disappointed because they said this 1gb free is for education, but why????????? but it can be use for Tiktok? PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP 

by Member
on ‎08-07-2020 06:43 PM

The option to redeem free 1GB is invalid. *338*1*1# just shown the current internet balance. Do you have another way to redeem this? I've redeemed for my mom and theres no problem at all but my number can't use *338*1*1# to redeem it

by Member
on ‎09-07-2020 07:00 PM

Very disappointed 😔

Can't access most Google related app, browser just works fine...

Its name is just a joke.. I can't do anything to complete my Google classroom homework even if I buy a new internet package after 6pm it still won't letting me to access Google meet and Google classroom. Hope you all can do something to improve this 🙏

-Js

by Member
on ‎13-07-2020 07:42 PM
  • I can't redeem my 1gb data neither using code not my Digi app..please help me it's urgent!
  •  
by Support
on ‎13-07-2020 08:07 PM

Kirtikaa, please check ur inbox. Tq.

by Member
on ‎14-07-2020 09:18 AM

Hello. Why  I cant used mydigi 1gb productivity at pubg lite pc

by Support
on ‎15-07-2020 12:50 PM

The Free 1GB Productivity Internet is for a range of education, productivity, and information-related services. Access to the social app (ie: Facebook), gaming (ie: PUBG Mobile), and music/video streaming (both in app & web browser - ie: YouTube), will consume the existing data plan. 

Hello. Why  I cant used mydigi 1gb productivity at pubg lite pc

by Member
on ‎15-07-2020 09:03 PM

cant reddem 1gb free

by Support
on ‎15-07-2020 09:58 PM

Hi sabestian, we have replied to your PM please check, Thank You.

by Member
on ‎23-07-2020 07:12 AM

Hello. I want to ask a question. If my plan is going to expire the next day and i claim the internet today, will the free 1gb productivity internet extend my plan's validation by a day or will it still expire the next day?

by Member
on ‎24-07-2020 03:31 AM

hello3

by Member
‎26-07-2020 09:20 AM - edited ‎26-07-2020 09:23 AM

Why I cannot access most of the Google services like Gmail, Google Keep / Notes, Google Contact, Google Drive etc???? 
Most of these is Education, Productive and Information-Related Services!

by Member
on ‎26-07-2020 11:59 PM

et free 1gb data

by Member
on ‎03-08-2020 12:25 AM

I want to change back digi prepaid live p2p... 

by Support
on ‎03-08-2020 09:12 AM

To change the plan, please dial the code & follow the steps below.
*128# > My Account > Call Plan > Change Plan

Kindly note that if you currently subscribe to the internet package, it will be auto-unsubscribed once the plan has been changed. Any remaining quota will be forfeited. TQ.

by Member
on ‎19-08-2020 04:12 AM

geft me data

by Support
on ‎20-08-2020 08:34 AM

Khairulhapipi, if you were referring to the Productivity data, you can redeem it via the below method according to your plan :

Prepaid (Voice & Broadband): Dial UMB *338*1*1#

Postpaid (Voice & Broadband): Dial UMB *238*1*1#

For other internet packages, kindly login to MyDigi app and tap the 'Buy Add-Ons' button to check the available internet package for your plan ya (•‿•) 

by Member
on ‎25-08-2020 01:46 AM

Claim free

by Support
on ‎25-08-2020 02:34 PM

Azrulhifi, U will need to redeem the Free 1GB everyday (limited to one-time redemption per day)
o Prepaid (Voice & Broadband): Dial UMB *338*1*1#
o Postpaid (Voice & Broadband): Dial UMB *238*1*1#

by Member
on ‎09-09-2020 08:02 PM

Have a gooday!

prple my favourite k-pop idol

BTS!!! 😖

Spoiler
PLEASE DONT JUDGE MEWoman Happy

🎶🎶🎵

Screenshot_20200827-193644.pngScreenshot_20200906-144535.pngScreenshot_20200827-183311.pngScreenshot_20200827-183303.pngScreenshot_20200810-173937.png

by Member
on ‎09-09-2020 08:07 PM

Screenshot_20200814-102901.pngScreenshot_20200814-102828.pngScreenshot_20200906-192010.pngTaekook

by Member
on ‎09-09-2020 08:09 PM

Plz  extend the date for 1 GB more I really begging for you

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers