Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Digi offers FREE calls to Befrienders, Talian Nur and Childline

by Community Manager on ‎02-08-2019 05:02 PM - last edited on ‎21-08-2019 01:38 PM by Community Manager

Banner-design-without-footer-v2.jpg

Do you know someone who is constantly feeling anxious, sad or depressed?  If you or you know someone who is experiencing  dark thoughts or suffering from depression,  remember - you are not alone. Anxiety and depression can be  harmful to your mental health, and should be addressed immediately. 

Which is why Digi prides itself in being able to help support the efforts to help those in need by exempting ALL charges to  three important helplines: Befrienders (Klang Valley at 03-7956 8145 and in Penang at 04-281 5161/281 1108), Talian Nur and Childline (15999).

As these steps are taken to ease one's suffering, we also have to take the initiative as individuals to protect and help those around us that may or may not be in a dark place. 

Take the signs seriously.

Almost everyone who has contemplated taking their own life has given some sort of clue or warning. “I don’t see a way out”. “There’s nothing else I can do”. “I wish I was dead”. No matter how casual or jokingly it may seem, take the signs and messages seriously. Show them that you’re concerned and that you care for their well-being by not just brushing it off.

Ask the hard questions.

Ask them to open up to you. Start asking the question no one wants to hear, “Are you thinking about suicide?” Listen to them and be sympathetic. It may be just a rant, or them just talking about how they feel at the moment. 

Offer support.

Offer hope and assurance that things will get better. Help them reach out to their family and friends. Encourage them to change to a positive lifestyle, like a healthy diet or getting out into the sun and nature each day. Help them reach out to professional help as a therapist if needed. 

Follow up.

After everything, remain persistent. Emotions and depression tend to relapse and suicidal thought may come back after a period. Check up on them after to make sure that they’re alright and doing fine. 

The why’s are always the same. Loneliness. Deprivation. Alcoholism. Drug abuse. Social exclusion. But nothing is ever the same after someone takes their own life.

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers