Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

6 Movies That Make Guys Cry

by Community Manager ‎15-11-2019 04:01 PM - edited ‎16-11-2019 12:56 PM

“People cry not because they’re weak, but because they’ve been strong for too long.”

Last week, in the same spirit of Movember, we updated the Bro Code, the ultimate guide to being a Bro this year. This week, we’ve created a list of movies where even the toughest of guys, the manliest of men, couldn’t help but let their emotional side loose. Check it out:

Avenger: Endgame

iron mans.jpg

“We're gonna be okay. You can rest now.”

We all knew it was going to happen. And yet it still hurts. 

The scene of Tony slowly dying is one that affects not only Marvel fans but everyone that has seen the first-ever Iron Man movie in 2008. Peter’s reaction also adds another kick to the heart as he struggles to gather his own emotions. It’s one scene where everyone, including the guys in the cinema, can’t help but shed a tear out of respect for the loss of one of the most iconic heroes.

Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump 1.png

“You died on a Saturday morning.”

Personally, I never cried or even felt sad watching this movie when I was younger. But when I rewatched it last week, it really hit me. 

When you see Forrest go through the loss of not one, not two but three of the people closest to him. First, it was Bubba. Then his mum. And when you think everything’s gonna end up fine, you hear Forrest say, “You died on a Saturday morning.”. And the next scene itself has Forrest standing next to Jenny’s grave, bawling his eyes out. I mean, how much more sad can the movie get?

Furious 7

fast and furious 1.png

“No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter-mile away or halfway across the world, you'll always be with me. And you'll always be my brother.”

Not just friends, but family. 

That was what the cast of the Fast & Furious franchise was to each other. Off-camera, they were a close-knit bunch that celebrated and hung out together. When the news of Paul Walker’s death first arose, the movie was still being shot. And when the final movie came out, tears left many eyes as the moviemakers had a scene with Dom and Brian separating and parting to different roads. 

Logan

logan 1.png

“Nature made me a freak. Men made me a weapon. And God made me last too long.”

It may be the 2nd superhero movie in this list, but it might have drawn an even stronger emotional connection than Iron Man. 

Before Iron Man and Captain America, there was just the X-Men and the man that head every fanboy’s heart, Wolverine. After 20th Century Fox’s attempt at rebooting the entire series, one movie at a time (unsuccessfully, I might add), they finally gave Logan the ending and finale he deserved. Aged and dying from the same weapons that gave him strength, his claws, he struggles at life after the mutants have gone extinct. And at the end of the movie, (without giving too many spoilers), when he has given his all, his sacrifice was the perfect ending for a hero we all came to love.

The Pursuit of Happiness

Pursuit of Happiness 1.png

“This part of my life... this part right here? This is called ‘happiness’.”

A story of a dad, trying to make ends meet.

Will Smith’s journey as an actor has been a wild rollercoaster ride. From highs as the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, to lows as Deadshot in Suicide Squad. But his performance in The Pursuit of Happiness was so good, that it got him a nomination for Best Actor at the 2006 Academy Awards. Starring alongside his own son Jaden, he gave a performance filled with emotions in a storyline that affects and relates to all father figures around the world. 

Marley and Me

marley and me 1.png

“A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his.”

If you have a dog or pet-friend, DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE. YOU WILL CRY.

A man’s journey with a dog, Owen Wilson plays John Grogan who at first, has trouble controlling his dog, Marley, but soon realise that his rowdy behaviour is what makes Marley special and unique to him. As you watch the movie, you start loving Marley and his quirkiness. And at the end of the movie, when they’re about to put him to sleep forever, you can’t help but… cry.

Just because you shed a small tear, doesn’t make you any less of a man. Instead, it shows that you’re strong enough to face your emotions. 

What are movies do you guys get emotional over? Share your favourites with your friends this Movember with #FreedomToInternet!

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers