Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

5 Of The Most Badass Women In The MCU

by Community Manager on ‎08-03-2019 12:28 PM

This International Women’s Day, we celebrate the awesome female heroes in our lives that inspire us to be the best that we can. Popular culture is merely a reflection of society’s aspirations, so with the success of the Marvel Cinematic Unvierse, that definitely means we want more female superheroes right? (Captain Marvel is certainly a “YES!” to that question!) Let’s check out the other amazing female superheroes in the MCU!

BW.gif

Black Widow – Natasha Romanoff

“I’m sorry, did I step on your moment?”

From tricking Loki into revealing his plans to unleash the Hulk on the Avengers, to clearing a room full of illegal Russian weapons smugglers WHILE being tied down to a chair, Black Widow’s list of badass moments is uncountable. But her ability to tame the “I’m always angry” Incredible Hulk show that she’s not all hard as rocks on the inside. For all her rough exterior, she proves herself to be a deeply caring person who is loyal to those she deems worthy.

SW.gif

Scarlett Witch - Wanda Maximoff

“Why was she up there all this time?” – Okoye speaking about Wanda

The Sokovia native turn mentalist, Scarlett Witch has shown that her powers are not to be messed with. With a flick of her wrist, she could send a group of minions flying backwards. The ability to manipulate minds and change people’s realities makes her a deadly weapon. She is one of, if not, the most OP characters in the MCU. She also straight up destroyed an Infinity Stone. What.

Yet her strength does not only come from her mind-boggling powers. It also comes down to her being able to make the most difficult decisions just because it’s for the greater good- even though that means sacrificing her own happiness.

gamora.gif

Gamora

“I am going to die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy.”

Hard as stone, never letting her guard down, there are many reasons Gamora is known as the deadliest woman in the galaxy. The adopted daughter of Thanos is a well-skilled assassin who kicks-ass like no other. Just like Black Widow, Gamora also has a heart under all that toughness. As much as she despised her sister Nebula in the beginning of the MCU, she eventually gave up the location of the Soul Stone to save her from being tortured.

And she probably the most sensible member of the GOTG (looking at you, Drax).

PP.gif

Pepper Potts

“You are the most capapble, qualified, trustworthy person I’ve ever met.” – Tony to Pepper

If Tony Stark is the main star of the MCU, Pepper Potts is the glue holding him together. From assistant to the man in a red suit, to the running of Stark Industries, she is the rock that Tony depends on and without her, we probably wouldn’t have an Iron Man at all. But she isn’t just some side-kick, we also saw her kick some side when she saved Tony from Aldrich Killian in Iron Man 3. Pepper Potts deserves to be on this list more than most.

wasp.gif

The Wasp – Hope Van Dyne

“That’s how you punch”

The daughter of Hank Pym is one of the smartest women in the MCU, being an expert in nearly all fields of science. Hope’s knowledge and intellect simply adds on to how adept she is when she dons the Ant-Man suit. More often than not, she seems much more capable of holding her own ground than Scott is. From blasting her miniature self through the villain’s car window, to walking on a knife that’s being thrown at her, it’s safe to say that she can certainly handle herself.

CM.gif

Captain Marvel- Carol Denvers
“Even with my back against the wall- I don’t give up!”
Captain Marvel broke barriers with her steadfast determination and love for flying. She joined the US Air Force during a time when such things were strongly inappropriate for women. Even when she faced ridicule, she never backed down, and instead crashed through the glass ceiling. She is Earth’s (and space’s!) mightiest hero- and for good reason!

Who else do you think belongs on this list? Comment down below!

Comments
by shockk SuperUser
on ‎02-05-2019 04:01 AM

You missed Valkyrie! People who have watched Avengers: End Game would know the significance! Smiley Very Happy

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers