Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

02022020: Palindromes You Never Knew!

by Community Manager on ‎31-01-2020 06:21 PM

There goes January and here comes February!

The first weekend of the month has arrived and so has a very interesting date. If you didn’t know, this Sunday is the 2nd of February 2020, and when written (02.02.2020), it’s actually a palindrome.

But what is a palindrome? It is a word, phrase, or sequence of letters that reads the same backwards as it does forwards. For this article, we’re listing down some of the interesting palindromes you might have or never have heard before.

For beginners, let’s start with a few simple words you probably already knew:

Level

Radar

Mum

Deed

Rotator

It gets better when it’s more than one word:

Taco cat

Race car

Test set

Not good enough? Wait til you read these:

Too bad, I hid a boot.

Never odd or even.

Some men interpret nine memos.

A man, a plan, a canal - Panama!

"Doc: note, I dissent. A fast never prevents a fatness. I diet on cod." (James Michie, New Statesman, May 5, 1967)

Are we not pure? “No, sir!” Panama’s moody Noriega brags. “It is garbage!” Irony dooms a man—a prisoner up to new era.

We’re as mind blown as you are. And guess what, our national language Bahasa Malaysia also has some unique and special palindromes that we Malaysians use on a daily basis too, such as malam, taat, katak and many more.

Think you can come up with a better palindrome? Comment below!

Celebrate today’s palindrome with DOUBLE, DAZZLING, DOPE, DESIRABLEDEALS all month long! Click here and check it out now! 

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers