Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

number of drop calls on LTE

g'day,

after changing to LTE sim, i hv encountered many dropped calls lately.  wondering whether you all having similar situation like me?

i'm in batu pahat, johor btw.

Re: number of drop calls on LTE

Community Manager

No @TrialUserXP, no dropped calls after changing to LTE SIM. Btw, just for your info, voice calls are still using 2G/3G technology. VoLTE (voice over LTE) should be available next year.

Are you having this issue at all other areas or do you find specific area having problem?

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

Another thing with drop calls, are you actually stationary or moving around? 

___
Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up.If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster! Meow De Ge So!

Yes i've encouter serveral drop call with DiGi Network, it's really frustrating. 

I'm using other telco as well, so far so good hope digi will take this issue seriously and resolve it.

Alternatively, you can also lodge a complaint to CFM / MCMC.

Community Manager

If you do have signal issue at specific area, do give us feedback on it too, so that Digi can ensure the quality of service in the area too.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Live in Taman Gembira, KL. No. of drop calls received has increased significantly. Faced this issue together with my gf who swapped to Digi's new unlimited plan together. 1 important call with Penang saw up to 5-6 drops. Frustrating to say the least, regretting the swap. 

SuperUser

@TrialUserXP if can, please provide you location, like which Jalan you at? so Digi can pinpoint the problem sites? 

--------
I'm a Potato. If you're too, hit the "This is helpful" button for no reason pls? :-3

Community Manager

@Jason1981 wrote:

Live in Taman Gembira, KL. No. of drop calls received has increased significantly. Faced this issue together with my gf who swapped to Digi's new unlimited plan together. 1 important call with Penang saw up to 5-6 drops. Frustrating to say the least, regretting the swap. 

I have sent you a PM. Kindly check your <inbox> for this issue.

Contributor

As VoLTE is not available yet, the phone has to switch back to 2G/3G for voice calls which isn't always ideal. We can only hope for VoLTE to go live as soon as possible, that's the only way forward.

Community Manager

@OKLY wrote:

As VoLTE is not available yet, the phone has to switch back to 2G/3G for voice calls which isn't always ideal. We can only hope for VoLTE to go live as soon as possible, that's the only way forward.

VoLTE is being tested right now. With hopes, we might see VoLTE this year.

However not all LTE devices support VoLTE, so it also depends on the user's device. At least for my aging phone, it does not have VoLTE or LTE -A. Man Sad