Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Digi is now no.1 in Malaysia for Widest LTE Coverage!

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

Just realised it is my first post here. Woo! Though it has been some time since I registered an account.

First and foremost, I would like to express my gratitude to Digi for giving me such a great opportunity to join this event. Smiley Happy It has been a really good experience to meet up with the other Superusers, bloggers and Digizens themselves!

By the way, this event was held on 12th Oct at Digi HQ. When we reached there, we were welcomed by a bunch of friendly and bubbly Digizens at the main entrance. We then proceeded to the cafeteria to mingle around and had our coffee break before we started the fun day. After refreshment and some briefings, we were grouped into 6 groups and we started our treasure hunt within Klang Valley! Our goal for the day? To find the Digi CEO - Albern Murty. Smiley Tongue

My group was mainly based in the Subang area. Two Digizens joined me and another two bloggers. Each group was given a smartphone and this smartphone is the only medium to be used to communicate and finish all the missions. Our group got a Redmi Note. Our first warm up activity was to imitate the WhatsApp's emoji. A new emoji will be sent to us every minute and each group members had to try their best to imitate the expression and took a selfie. It wasn't that difficult until a chicken emoji was sent to us... Cat Indifferent Then we reached our first pit-stop and we had to answer a number of general knowledge questions (via Skype video conferencing with our Game Master (GM)) and we managed to collect enough points to earn ourselves the first part of the coordinate which the CEO was hiding at.

Second activity, we reached an Italian restaurant and one of our team members was required to blindfold himself and he needed to serve a cup of iced tea to a customer! The other four members were required to give him direction from the entrance to taking the cup of tea and lastly to serve it to the customer. But how? The team member who got himself blindfolded had a smartphone tied on his chest, earphones in his ears and the phone was connected to Skype and will do video conference with us. The rest of us used the Redmi Note and directed him by just looking through the video which was live video conferencing from "his chest". We did it eventually though it wasn't easy at all. Teamwork does play a crucial role here. Then, we moved on to another activity in the same restaurant and it is called Taste the Network. Sounds delicious eh. Cat Surprised Now the rest of us who weren't blindfolded earlier will need to be blindfolded now. We need to try out different dishes that served to us. Luckily it wasn't a Fear Factor kind of experience. Smiley LOL I was very lucky as my dishes were easily guessed - Lamb, broccoli and ice cream. My other team members weren't that lucky as they had dishes like fried squids and egg custard which were not easy to guess with our eyes blindfolded. After the food tasting was over, we were required to listen to a live band playing six songs (English and Malay) and we will need to guess all. To answer those questions, we had to use the Digi Music Freedom app and screenshot each of these songs and send to our GM.  All in one, we succeeded and got our second part of coordinate! Cat LOL

We got back to our van and thinking all had finally come to an end. No, it didn't. We had to take various photos while we were in the vehicle and uploaded them to the Capture app within 10 minutes. Photos like yellow car, taxi, the biggest vehicle you saw on road, Digi logo, red traffic light and etc. We did it and at the same time were on our way to the place which the CEO was hiding. So where was he? He was at the RUANG, Shah Alam. Unfortunately we were not the first team to reach, I think we were no. 3 or something. Despite that, we did have a lot of fun.

Refilled and refreshed ourselves with scrumptious lunch and we proceeded with the press conference. The CEO was presenting about Digi LTE and its aggresive plan to roll out LTE in whole Malaysia. He was then joined by the Chief Network Officer - Kesavan Sivabalan and Chief Marketing Officer - Christian Thrane on the stage to take questions from various media. After the press conference, it was time to hand out prizes to all the participants. Team members from second runner up team to team no. 6 won a TP-Link LTE MiFi each. First runner up won themselves a ZenFone 2 (each team member) and the Champion won a Huawei Honor 6 (each team member). Cat Very Happy With that, it ended our whole event and we went back to Digi HQ. 

In conclusion, it was a well-organized event but I guess all events do have room for improvement, this event is not an exclusion as well. The only thing we were picky about was the soft speaker of the phone. Most of the time, we can't hear our GM clearly. A point to be considered by Digi for their future events. Smiley Wink

OH YA, I WANT TO JOIN AGAIN IN THE FUTURE! Woman Tongue

For more information about this event coverage, you may refer to http://www.telenor.com/media/articles/2015/digis-4g-covers-50-percent-of-malaysians-now-widest-in-co...

p/s: Apologies for the lack of photos and only wall of words. We were busy running around and no time to take photos lah. Smiley Mad

Re: Digi is now no.1 in Malaysia for Widest LTE Coverage!

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

where's the selfie of the chicken...?!?

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

Hahaha. Didn't save it and even if I did, I won't share here. LOL.

Community Manager

The event sounds so much fun! I am impressed that the CEO was participating in these event to keep in touch with the community. Keep it up I would say!

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.