Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bought Prepaid Data, Used for an hour, Then no internet

Today I bough RM2 data for 100MB (last 24h), and I only used 40MB on the first hour and then I couldn't go further anymore.

I upgraded to 4G sim card and "Stop_Internet" (charged me RM3 everyday before) last week. APN is in correct configuration too.

On the first hour, internet was very slow for all social app, can't event load pictures or upload anything. But I tried a quick speed test was approx 60Mbps+ (which is 8MB/s).  Ate up 35MB (quickly end task before it takes more).

After few hours, I go for lunch, I can't use it anymore.

There's no 3G option for me to choose to test it out though.

Capture.PNG

Re: Bought Prepaid Data, Used for an hour, Then no internet

Community Manager

Hi @Jozhxy, about the issue of you getting charged RM3 before you purchase the internet, please try to switch your phone to 3G network instead of keeping it at LTE network, when you did not intend to use internet.

Surprisingly, when you do a speed test, your speed is fast. What browser do you use on your phone? 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.
Highlighted

I use chrome and other social app. I use Speedtest by Ookla.

After an hour, i couldn't access to the internet at all. If not mistaken, I've tried WCDMA, same issue too.

Last time i use HSPA+ sim, no RM3 deducted issue, max RM8 per day if turn on data. Bought data, no speed lost and can use all quota till finish.

Community Manager

Do you have any VPN connection or an app that would act as a proxy for your internet?

If no, then kindly email to help@digi.com.my or call our Helpline (0162211800) to check on your account.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Contributor
Jozhxy,

suspect your phone is infected by virus, unawared background data-processing, etc. - slow loadup, big data usage....

if you're familiar, you can uninstalled/disabled any strange apps, bloatwares, etc., and observe results after uninstalling -> very time consuming. Else, backup all important data, and do a factory reset (aka re-format).

I remember being deducted much more for every SMS made. After disabling a program smsreg, problem disappeared (my phone is not rooted). i cannot remember whether smsreg was detected thru virus scan.

AFTER solving present data problem, to minimise data usage, you can disabled all unnecessary background processes like auto-sync, auto-backup, location access, etc. Can use browser like Opera Mini or Opera Max to further minimise data usage for normal surfing (very substantial!).