Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

clarifications on imessages and international text charges

[ Edited ]

Dear Digi, 

As I have exhausted all ways to reach out to your customer service, can someone please enlighten me on why I am bearing international text messages to a UK number when clearly, I did not send any. When I went to clarify the issue at your BBT One Tower branch, I was immediately brushed off and told that its my imessages causing those charges.

First off, said staff was rather rude and demanded I hand him my phone so he can swtich off my imessage feature. (As if I am not technology savy enough, he needs to do it. not to mention how he acted like a thug demanding for my phone. )

Secondly, he conveniently blamed imessages for those charges instead of explaining how these charges and imessages is  actually related? May someone here can help?? 

As far as I am concerned, imessages feature uses data in order to work. Apple has also stated that imessages and facetime do not have any additional charges apart from data charges from our selected service provider. 

This is my last resort and hopefully I get some answers from Digi itself, before filing an official complaint to the CFM. 

Thank you. 

Re: clarifications on imessages and international text charges

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

iinm, it's actually the SMS used to activate the service.

i'm sharing a screenshot that was shared by another user in this forum...

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413814845.954591.jpg

iinm, this is sth that needs to be activated each time there's an OS update. 

hope that helps,

If this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
I myself have the same problem, and I'm okay with paying the first time activation fees but as of today 8-12-2016 I received a carrier update and after updating it I notice that I could not send or receive and imessage, so I checked my settings and found out that my imessage have been turned off. So i had to turn it on again and digi charged me wrongly. Very frustrating its little money but I feel extremely uncomfortable for paying something that wasnt my fault.

SuperUser

@JustinQuartz wrote:
I myself have the same problem, and I'm okay with paying the first time activation fees but as of today 8-12-2016 I received a carrier update and after updating it I notice that I could not send or receive and imessage, so I checked my settings and found out that my imessage have been turned off. So i had to turn it on again and digi charged me wrongly. Very frustrating its little money but I feel extremely uncomfortable for paying something that wasnt my fault.

iinm, this activation might be required each time there's an apps update or iOS update.

a good Q to ask Apple is why they cannot authenticate via internet? or at least provide this option instead of just SMS.

If this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy