Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Top Productivity Apps for 2018!

Community Manager

Since my New Year’s resolutions including getting my life together and being more organized, I’ve been trying out various different apps to increase my productivity. Some of them weren’t perfect- but I found a couple of wonderful gems along the way and I’d love to share them with everyone!

1. Fortune City

Fortune City is a gamified finance app and makes tracking fun! It takes each spending entry you input and turns it into a building in a fictional city. Over time, your city grows bigger with new buildings and more citizens! It has the usual finance features such as labelling and seeing where the highest percentages of your spending is. Also, because I consistently track even “small” purchases like a RM2.70 teh ais, I get to really see where my money is going. Even RM1 nasi lemak bungkuses add up!

fortune-city.png

1. Trello

Trello is like the management app to replace all your other List and Reminder apps! You can create boards for different reasons, and even create boards that can be shared with others! You can add notes or links or other notes to each item too. Not only that, it syncs between the desktop app and the phone app so you can easily access it plus it’s very customizable.

iOSHelpBoard.jpg 

1. Forest

Forest helps you stay focused on whichever task you have at hand. This app forces you to not touch your phone for the set amount of time. You have to put the phone down and leave it alone- if you succeed, you grow a tree. If you fail and pick up the phone, the tree dies. The best part of the app is that you can look back at your ‘forest’ of trees and see how productive and focused you’ve been!

forest-app-2.jpg

Hopefully, these apps can help everyone have a more productive 2018! It’s worked great for me so far and the cute colors and game-like mechanics allow me to have fun with the apps as well. Or share your favorite productivity app here!

Re: Top Productivity Apps for 2018!

SuperUser

Thanks for recommending Forest! I just downloaded the iPhone version. Costs RM7.90. Looks like a great app to help with time management and to focus on work. 👏🏻😁

I might give Fortune City a try later too. ☺️

Community Manager

New year, new resolution. Fortune city app looks good to start off the year

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

Prepare some cash to burn (for the in-app purchases) if you're going to seriously use the Fortune City app to the fullest.

It is kind of counter-intuitive. An app / game that is designed to save you money is actually charging you quite a bit of money to fully utilize. 😬

@MrOctopusK wrote:

New year, new resolution. Fortune city app looks good to start off the year

Community Manager

Oh I haven't needed paid features so far! xD The simple breakdowns work well enough for me!