Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Pokémon GO -- All trainers welcomed!

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

Please don't tell me you've not heard of Pokémon... Smiley Tongue

So, what is Pokémon GO? As per Wikipedia:

Pokémon Go (stylized as Pokémon GO) is a free-to-play, GPS based augmented reality mobile game developed by Niantic for iOS and Android devices. The game allows players to capture, battle, and train virtual Pokémon who appear throughout the real world.

What that means is... Using your smartphone, you will be able to "find" Pokémon near your location and capture them. After that, you train them and do battles.

There will be "gyms" where you can capture them and "own" them.

And YES, you will need to exercise and walk around to find these Pokémons. Different types of Pokémons will appear at different locations. Water-type Pokémon are more likely to be nearby water area such as lakes. 

So YES again... You need to be careful and be alert of your surrounding.

As of writing, this game is only available in Australia, USA and UK. The launch is supposed to be a global one but the developer is having issues coping with the high demand on their servers -- Everyone wants to catch and train Pokémons! Smiley Happy

Personally, I'm expecting Malaysia to get this sometime in July/ August 2016.

So, are you excited? 

Feel free to use this chat to plan your outings (always more fun to play with friends), join a team (once you hit Level 5, you can then pick to be either YELLOW, RED or BLUE), gloat what you just caught... Or even issue a challenge to other players here...

Just remember -- This is a game and the idea is just to have fun! Dun get too emo if my Pokémon beats yours... Smiley Very Happy

Gotta catch 'em all

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Re: Pokémon GO -- All trainers welcomed!

SuperUser

Pokémon Go is reportedly launching in Europe and Asia 'within a few days'
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/11/12147802/pokemon-go-uk-europe-asia-availability
Pokémon Go is a mobile smash hit, but many would-be fans have been disappointed by the game's slow international release. The app launched in the US, Australia, and New Zealand last week, but its popularity took game-makers Niantic by surprise, and the company "paused" the title's rollout while its servers recovered. The wait should be over soon, though, with The Wall Street Journal reporting that Pokémon Go will launch Europe and Asia "within a few days." There's no official comment on this timeframe, with the WSJ citing "people familiar with plans for the game."

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Community Manager

I am still awaiting for local release. Once it is here in Malaysia, it's game on!

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

heard it's coming soon...

very "sad" to read about the game on websites... talking about how fun it is, etc... and the rest of the world is still waiting for it... Smiley Frustrated

Community Manager

It is said to be released to Asia real soon. Do you know if that includes Malaysia?

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Wow, cant wait to play with a group of "trainers" together - and see how best DiGi can provide help with. Heh.

Perhaps, catching a Mew at their CEO office. Smiley Tongue

Community Manager

Too bad Niantic announced that the launch in Asia is not true.

SuperUser

**sigh**

we're all still waiting. earlier on, there's report of dedicated MALAYSIA server. but still, nothing yet for ASIA...

i guess it should be... SOON. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

how many have you guys caught?

team mystic? team instinct? team valor?

started any gym battles yet?

Community Manager

Still a Pokemon Go player till today Smiley Happy