Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

poor reception most of the places

Contributor
Hi Digi,

After a long thought , l finally decided to port out to a different telco.. kinda frustrated when i have poor call quality with only 1 bar on my mobile phone most of place i go to.. most of indoors are really **bleep** bad... the worst one is when i went jungle tracking digi line 0 coverage compare to celcom which has almost full bar .. furthermore i travel alot. Cant be out of touch.... thanks once again.. hope in future digi could very much competative with other telcos... u may be good in 4g.. but very bad in network call coverage..

Re: poor reception most of the places

Community Manager

@Geoffrey, we are sad to see you go. We hope to see you back into Digi some time soon! Smiley Happy

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Contributor
If only you guys could improve and expand as fast as possible as telco blue and red.. Digi is 10 years backward interms 2g and 3g compare to Celcom.. by the time digi expands their coverage, other telcos will be far ahead of Digi.. i really like Digi..i was loyal to digi about 6 years..seems very slow in expanding to meet customers expatation.. still cant accept interms poor indoor coverage.. outside of the house will be full bar.. once inside house just remain 1 bar or almost to zero .. many of my fren uses digi says they have experience poor indoor coverage in their work place... just imagine so many of places with poor indoor coverage.. sigh.. still dono wat so say.. and i did complain to help@digi.. u know wat.. a tower will be raised some where nearby company in Q4 this year.. n need wait again for anothet 5 mth.. after 6 years im working in my company without indoor coverage and nw only expanding... business is business.. no quality ...customers will jump ship to a better 1..
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

@Geoffrey wrote:
If only you guys could improve and expand as fast as possible as telco blue and red.. Digi is 10 years backward interms 2g and 3g compare to Celcom.. by the time digi expands their coverage, other telcos will be far ahead of Digi.. i really like Digi..i was loyal to digi about 6 years..seems very slow in expanding to meet customers expatation.. still cant accept interms poor indoor coverage.. outside of the house will be full bar.. once inside house just remain 1 bar or almost to zero .. many of my fren uses digi says they have experience poor indoor coverage in their work place... just imagine so many of places with poor indoor coverage.. sigh.. still dono wat so say.. and i did complain to help@digi.. u know wat.. a tower will be raised some where nearby company in Q4 this year.. n need wait again for anothet 5 mth.. after 6 years im working in my company without indoor coverage and nw only expanding... business is business.. no quality ...customers will jump ship to a better 1..

if we look at 10 years back... 

mobile telephony is meant for ppl who are away from their deskphone (which is usually indoor -- at home or in office). so, many years back, indoor reception wasn't a priority. outdoors... i'd say that the 3 big telcos... they are on quite equal footing.

however, over the years, things have changed. for many, mobile phones now replace the deskphones. so, indoor reception is kinda crucial now.

from what little i know, to get better indoor reception, lower frequencies should be used. however, if you Google up, you'd realise that Digi was not given a lot of this frequency/ spectrum in the past. so, they can only make do the best they can.

but what i also read, things are starting to change in regards to the spectrum allocation. i think it comes into effect in 2016 (i could be wrong and it could be from 2015 or... maybe even 2017). but what i understand about the recent change is that Digi will be getting more of the spectrum they need... 

so, who knows... things can change.

but if you're still porting out, then... good for you. no point of having a phone service provider that cannot provide you with good coverage. just that... looking at what has happened recently to some other telco (and how their customers are upset they are tied to contract and have to pay so much), i suggest you try not to get into any contracts. who knows... 6 months later, you might wanna port to another telco again. Smiley Happy

update 1:
here's a link to a news article about the spectrum allocation:
http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/02/125514/telcos-get-new-spectrum-share

it said implementation only july "next year"... i guess it's 2017 then.

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Contributor
Thanks mydragon... good explanation...my current port in to celcom not tied to any contract.. who serves better thats where i'm no more loyal to any telco.. im paying, so i want something better for wat i pay for...