Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

YouTube streaming is using regular internet quota

Hello,

I'm subscribed to DiGi broadband.  Lately, streaming YouTube has been using my regular internet quota instead of the streaming quota. I don't remember when it started it's been going on for a few weeks.

Thank you.

Re: YouTube streaming is using regular internet quota

Just to add, I'm not using any VPN or proxy.

Thanks.

So am I the only one with this problem? This has been going on for weeks. If additional information is needed I'm using my computer to play the videos and my browser is Chrome. Why is it using my regular internet quota? Why is my streaming quota being restricted?

Support

Hi. Do PM (Inbox) us if you need any further assistance. TQ.

So I sent a private message to the support above on Thursday and it  hasn't been replied or apparently read. Do I have to send to any other support persons or all of the support persons?

Hello? So no explanation whatsoever? I first posted this on 8th of January and it's already the 20th. The PM I sent to the support person above has still not been read. Has my streaming quota been restricted on purpose? And if so, why?

Is someone actually doing something or do I have to post to this thread every day? It seems like a recurring trend that a support person asks to PM and the PM is ignored.

What is actually going on with the video streaming using the regular quota? It's been going on for a long time.

Support

Hi. Sorry for the late response  Kindly refer to your PM. Thank you. 

Highlighted

Hi,

Did you get any reply from DiGi on the matter? Have this been solved? I'm facing the same problem and I saw many posting about the same thread without a solution!

Yes, they finally replied to me on the 25th. And, no, the problem has not been solved, but I've been given a case number. I guess at least that is something.

They asked me a few questions which they could have done a long time ago and not waste a lot of time in the mean time. In case you're going to send them a PM, these are some of the information you'll need. I don't know if they will need the same info from you, but they asked me for these:

1. If my streaming quota are deducted or not at all.

2. The model of mobifi/router/modem I'm using.

3.  If I'm streaming using phone or TV.

4. The model of laptop [since I'm using a laptop] I'm using to stream.

5. If I'm streaming using YouTube app or website.

6. The exact time of when I stream YouTube and the quota not deducted and the link of the video. *I then proceeded to check my quota usage and made a note to the time and usage,  and played a YouTube video. I then checked the usage again and of course noted the time.

I was then given a case number and they asked me for an alternative number to contact.

Good luck with yours!