Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Solution to internet slowdown after buying Rm5 VoIP addon for BB100 package

Dear Digi,

you are very slow to rectify this problem, which happened to a few users here in Digi Community. Even after i called up your helpline, your customer service said the VoIP package already cancelled after requested by me 2 days ago and also emailed to you and wrote here in Community board. But it still appeared in my myDigi website.

Fortunately, me & my friend at Lowyat forum.net has found a solution albeit  very troublesome!

Problem

Internet speed comes to a crawling speed (throttled down by Digi to 300kbps) after buying RM5 VoIP addon package (3GB) under BB100 plan.

Root Cause

Buying the stupid VoIP addon package (3GB) to enable Facetime/Whatsapp call/video causing the speed to be slow, throttled down to 300kbps.

Observation

Overall internet speed is very slow, throttled down to 300kbps!

Youtube only auto loads at 144p compared to 480p and at fast speed previously. Now loads like snail even at 144p.

When using Youtube, data quota is also consumed from VoIP, whereas it should ONLY be taken from video quota bucket or main data. VoIP is like doing Facetime, whatsapp call/video, SKype, Viber, etc.

Solution

Force to exhaust/fully consume all the VoIP data bucket by blasting Youtube videos for almost 24hours straight on my multiple PCs, laptops and tablets.

Speed now is back to normal after fully depleted the stupid VoIP addon data. I can achieve 9mbps download, 11mbps upload via Speedtest.net .

Conclusion

Kemon Digi please improve on your service pls! I expect better service than this **bleep**!

CC  to user amzar, Vynne and others who faced similar problem. Hope you find this solution useful.

Highlighted

Re: Solution to internet slowdown after buying Rm5 VoIP addon for BB100 package

Dear digi,

Can you please cancel my VOIP add on. My broadband no 01596084068.
Highlighted

Dear Zaryl,

I call many times digi helpline and they didnt help me at all. Almost 7 days after i subscribe unlimited voip my broadband slow like **bleep**. Tell them to transfer my call to technical team they relunctant to do so. Need to wait 24-48hours technical team to contact me back. If i miss the call need to call back them again digi helpline and im back the way i started. Need to wait 24-48hours all over again. Very troublesome. They need to improve their customer service. Why just they transfer the call? Dunno la? Need to wait 5 more days for them to rectify my problem. Very bad service.
Highlighted

Amzar,

I highly suggest you try to FINISH your VoIP data (3GB) by viewing Youtube videos non stop although with a  slow speed (144p). Do this by using multiple devices at once. Like me, i use 1 PC, 1 laptop, 1 smartphone & 1 ipad. All running very long videos at the same time. But i left my 1 PC to run 24hours straight though.

You will get back your speed to normal after totally finish all your VoIP data.

Troublesome solution but it works. If you expect to wait for them to help you, i think it would take ages!

I called them the first time to cancel my VoiP data, yet they didn't call me back to update. Then i called again on the next day, they say the VoIP package already been cancelled BUT i still see it in my myDigi usage website.

Digi need to rectify this problem immediately before customers start to port out to other telcos.

Highlighted

Zaryl,

Quota for VOIP is not for Whatapp call?

How come to stream with the you tube. the speed so slow even the snail can reach first before the video can loading. 0.38mbps much way slower than 3G normal speed.

Digi technical did call me this morning. I have to explain over and over again. Need to wait 24-48 hours some  more. Just to cancel my VOIP add on need days . Not friendly at all their system. 

Why digi didn't let their customer reach technical team when calling digi helpline 0162211800. to wait them to pick up around 10 minutes. Got menu 4 for technical assistant but failed to transfer the call to technical team. ask customer to wait 24-48 hours for them to call back. Need to xplain all over again to technical if they call.  if miss the call need to call back digi help line. wait another 24-48 hours some more. its so time consuming. the problem still unsettle.

Highlighted

Has there been any update on this..is buying the VOIP  quota  still slowing down the speed to well below 1  mbps?