Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Receive WhatsApp Activation code using broadband SIM

Can we receive any SMS if we use a Broadband SIM in a smartphone?eg WhatsApp activation code.
I'm aware that broadband SIM is not available  for voice call and texting.

Also, is that possible for me to transfer my Easy prepaid remaining RM100+ credit to the bill if I wish to switch to Broadband45?

Thanks!

Re: Receive WhatsApp Activation code using broadband SIM

Community Manager

Yes, your broadband number can receive SMS.

I believe that you cannot change your voice prepaid plan to broadband account on the same number. You will have to get a new Broadband 45 number, which means your credit cannot be transferred. 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Unfortunately my DiGi Broadband number can't receive Whatsapp activation code. I've received a reply from DiGi customer service regarding this issue on June 14 and his answer is totally different from what I read here? So again may I ask, can my DiGi broadband number receive Whatsapp notification code?

Unfortunately my DiGi Broadband number can't receive Whatsapp activation code. I've received a reply from DiGi customer service regarding this issue on June 14 and his answer is totally different from what I read here? So again may I ask, can my DiGi broadband number receive Whatsapp notification code?

Community Manager

@firdzz, that's affirmative. Broadband plans are now not capable of SMS and calls. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Thanks for your reply. But then why I still can receive sms from other app (i.e. activation number from Waze & Line but not from Whatsapp). I even can send sms from my broadband number. Any idea?

Community Manager

Sounds silly, are you typing your phone number correctly in Whatsapp? For example, no extra 0 after country code.

For example, for 0162211800, our country code is +60. Phone number starts with 162211800. 

Since I encountered this issue last few months, I've tried all possible solution including what u've suggested. I even contacted whatsapp to reset my verification process but still no luck.

I give up.