Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mobifi Device Y850

Hey All,

Would like to know how do I get a replacement for my device Alcatel Y850 Mobifi 

The device oddly bloated up suddenly 

I was using it as normal and suddenly its bloating up 

I am worried it will explode because it does look like the battery is bloating up

I went to digi centre and they said I have to send to Alcatel service centre myself

The thing is that device is rental from Digi

Why should myself send to Alcatel when the device is not even mine? 

Anyone care to clarify ? 

Re: Mobifi Device Y850

Community Manager

Hey HardyDee,

If the mobify device is still under warranty, the instruction for repair is included in the booklet/leaflet in the box.  Please visit the nearest Alcatel service centre to assist you further. 

Have a nice day! Smiley Happy

Have a g8 day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Head on to Getting Started on top right of this page to read our Forum Do's & Don'ts http://community.digi.com.my/t5/custom/page/page-id/Getting-Started

hihi,

ask u something ya...

do u knw how to change the password??

can u teach me??

HI Maychew 

To change the password:

If you connected to the mobifi 

Just type 192.168.1.1 in your browser and you will be prompted for the login screen

Default password is : Digi1234 

Once u logged in then there is and option to change the password from there

At the moment since my Mobifi is not working (device) I am not able to guide you correctly 

But just browse around and you will find the admin password 

Also if you want to change the wifi password / passkey its all from that interface 

Happy exploring and do let me know if this works 

Smiley Happy 

*seems like im working for digi IT helpdesk =_=

Community Manager

Hehe thanks HardyDee. Good deeds are never denied. 

Now I have also learned that the Mobifi device has a customized password compared to retail ones.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

I need help

My Mobifi Y850 has broken down twice. Both times probably due to over charging and battery just ballooned up and caused the modem's plastic casing to break open.

I sent to repair at the Alcatel centre once before. After this second episode, I am wondering if I can change to another device and if so, how may I do so. The last time I asked, the lady at the DigiStore said each modem is unique for each simcard so I cannot buy just a modem. Can I just buy another modem at an IT shop somewhere and insert the simcard?

Support

Hi @kn33h4rd. If that device is still under warranty, please visit Alcatel Service Center to claim it.

You can actually use your Digi SIM in multiple devices. Just make sure the device you are going to buy is not locked. That means, it is suitable for all telco's SIM card.

Hope it helps. Please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR click on "Accept as Solution" from Options menu above to help others find their answers faster! Have a nice day!

hi,
my device is bloated up recently too.
I suspect is the battery and worried it will explode.
how do i know what is if still under warranty? I got it two years ago. and if I need to send to Alcatel, could you provide me the center contact? how much is the repair cost? could it have any trade in or any other plan with digi? seems like many user are facing the same issue.
Highlighted

hello everyone. i need help.

my device is bloating. to  compare to human pregnancy i think its almost 7 months. just kidding.but yea its 7 months already. i think its because of the battery.
i like this device and i dont want to terminate my current plan. (last time i go to digi center they  suggest me (twice) to terminate my current plan and subscribe to the new one with the new device. but i dont feel like changing to the new one cause this plan fits me better)

hope someone can suggest me something else than changing to other plans.

thank u so much for ur help.