Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

IFlix & Youtube - taking up my daily usage data

I recently subscribed to digi 100 b/band package  and realised  that watching Iflix & youtube on my windows notebook  via chrome browzer uses up my daily quota instead of  stream free / stream-0n-demand quota . Please  clarify

Re: IFlix & Youtube - taking up my daily usage data

Community Manager

@davidfsc, firstly please confirm that you are not using proxy or VPN or any method that obsfucate destination IP address.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements

.1. Firstly, I wish to withdraw my comments on the above and clarify herewith that the data usage is in accordance with the data plan allocation.

2. I discovered that the watching  iflix, youtube  on windows 10 and android devices ( smart phones, android tv box), the data usage  deducts  from the allocated "stream on demand" and "stream free " respectively  as  mentioned by Digi.

3. The  problem or at least my problem  of watching youtube and data being deducted from "internet quota" happened when I watched youtube  direct from  my smart tv (Panasonic Viera - youtube app). It is possible Digi is unable to identify  the TV's  viera system. 

4. Therefore,  I  can safely conclude  that  if you are watching youtube  from android devices (without VPN on),  rest assured that  data usage will not be deducted  from the internet quota allocation. Similarly,  watching from  ipads, iphones are OK.  Macbooks  - sorry can't comment as I'm a non user.  

5. Trust this helps  to clarify or at least shed some light for the community here.  

Happy New Year everyone 2018

SuperUser

@davidfsc wrote:

.1. Firstly, I wish to withdraw my comments on the above and clarify herewith that the data usage is in accordance with the data plan allocation.

2. I discovered that the watching  iflix, youtube  on windows 10 and android devices ( smart phones, android tv box), the data usage  deducts  from the allocated "stream on demand" and "stream free " respectively  as  mentioned by Digi.

3. The  problem or at least my problem  of watching youtube and data being deducted from "internet quota" happened when I watched youtube  direct from  my smart tv (Panasonic Viera - youtube app). It is possible Digi is unable to identify  the TV's  viera system. 

4. Therefore,  I  can safely conclude  that  if you are watching youtube  from android devices (without VPN on),  rest assured that  data usage will not be deducted  from the internet quota allocation. Similarly,  watching from  ipads, iphones are OK.  Macbooks  - sorry can't comment as I'm a non user.  

5. Trust this helps  to clarify or at least shed some light for the community here.  

Happy New Year everyone 2018

Hi @davidfsc, thanks for sharing your experience here with us. I'm sure other users would benefit from it too. Happy New Year to you too!

Community Manager

Thank you for sharing @davidfsc. Very likely that the Smart TV may be connecting a different set of servers that is not known to Digi for Stream Free/Stream On-Demand data bucket usage.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements