Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Huawei e5577 keep restarting

Mine was sent to Huawei Pavillion, informed that they have tested that the device was okay before the shipment back to me and I realised that the firmware I had was the problematic firmware. I have just sent my modem again for them to look again. Hopefully, it will resolved soon.

Felt a bit disappointed since need to walk in to the center twice. Hopefully this time it will solve once and for all.

[ Edited ]
Contributor

@eeeglow242  @TomLee94  @Amywlc

Now we know 3 of you went to the same Huawei Service Center in Pavilion  and couldn't get it fixed.

Please go to Huawei Service Center in Sunway Pyramid opening hour 11:00AM to 09:00 PM preferably during weekday (office hour). If you go during weekend or after office hour, they may not able to fix on the same day.

At least I got mine fixed over there and good luck to you all.

Thank you for the suggestion. And thank you for your concern on our problem too. Whilst I fully appreciate your concern on our problem, I believe Digi representative should have their say regarding this issue. So now where are they?

I believe not all people have enough time to go back and forth to get the issue fixed. Plus we did went to the center that is closest and at our convinience.

Digi should do much better on this matter instead of directing us here and there to get the issue fixed. What they did is just thanking people here in this forum and waiting people to Kudo their replies. So pathetic.

@vseries thank you for your advice.

It's great to hear that you got your modem fixed under warranty. Hoping this issue wouldn't rise again. Or else you probably would encounter dilemma like I did.

My issue now is I believe I would still being charged for sending in my modem no matter which service centre I go to as my warranty expired like what the guy at Huawei Pavilion told me. 

I would have to reconsider whether it's still worth for me to run here and there sending my modem,  and no broadband  can't be used in the meantime. 

Ironically, I subscribed for Broadband Ambassodor  in February 2018. I  really don't know how to promote Digi positively from now on Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

@Amywlc

Actually, I did ask what if the same thing happen again in the future when Digi push a broken firmware to our modem.

They say it depends but for this time, Digi has engaged them to fix this issue... only specific to this keep restarting / keep redirecting issue.

Any other issue they won't fix if the modem is out of warranty.

Regarding your issue of payment needed to get the modem fixed. I think you should not pay. Let Digi liaise with Huawei, we only sent the item to Huawei, any other correspondence should be between digi and Huawei since they are the ones who pushes the update.

Mine was still under warranty and my contract would end this month, so I did address this to Digi representative on one of their phone calls with me. And I did wrote an email too just to keep a carbon copy of the conversation.

And remember my advise, escalate your report to SKMM. Let them officiate on this issue. I did address that all this while Digi did nothing and keep blaming Huawei while seriously the update was pushed by them. And ironically, most of us are close to end of contract/warranty. Isn't that just a coincidence. Thank you Digi. Appreciate all your help all this while.
Highlighted

Contributor

@eeeglow242

Yes, I think any issue similar to this should not be chargeable since it is firmware/software bug rather than hardware problem.

At first, I too have concern if the same problem is going to happen again in the future but that's something to be managed by then.

I read this thread again and easily more than 10 users are affected...

Hi, @eeeglow242

That's what I insist. Why should I pay for the problem that is not my fault?  The modem works well until the firmware updated.

i just called to Huawei Plaza Berjaya and guess what....

I was informed that Huawei do not fix modem, but change one-to-one.  They still insist on the statement that replace with a  new modem  even I told them vseries got his modem fixed with another firmware update.

And, they said they did not get any instruction from HQ. They received one modem this morning facing auto-restart  problem and that one is under warranty. I still have to pay RM25 to dignose the problem bla bla bla.... Smiley Frustrated

Anyway, would you please advise on how to escalate this issue to MCMC?

Contributor

Digi posted an announcement on this problem and some Huawei Service Center are in the dark.

Looks like there are some miscommunication and not all Huawei Service Center are aware of this issue.

I wish they could have handled this better.

It is just an action of forwarding your emails that you had with Digi to SKMM. Please Google for the email address. I feel inappropriate to put the email here. Hopefully you did not delete all correspondence you had with Digi all this while.