Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Huawei e5577 keep restarting

Support

Thanks for the update, vseries :-)

Have a pleasant day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Dear all,

Just received my modem from Huawei today. I'm curious that looks like the problem still persist.

1. Modem still Autorestart once my Smart TV connected to it.
2. The redirection to Digi page still there.

Now still waiting for Eileen to respond to my recent email sent just now.

Plus, when I check the firmware version, looks like it was still on the problematic firmware so I am not quite sure what have been done there.

Congrats to Vseries that your problem now solved. Looks like I am still need to go back to Huawei again since the problems were unresolved.

Regards

Contributor

@eeeglow242

I'm sorry to hear that Smiley Sad, did you ask what did they fix/do to the modem?

The new firmware version that is having issue is 21.328.62.01.311

My modem is fixed after they put firmware 21.316.01.00.00

I was advised that all Huawei Service Center is already aware of this issue.

I just went to Huawei Service Centre and they are going to charge me RM25 just to check what problem is and charge another RM60 to fix the problem because my warranty void.

Digi is not helping at all by pushing us yo Huawei.

Why should we pay for the problem that is not our problem? Then who shall pay us for the troubles we encountered all this while?

Contributor

@Amywlc

Which Huawei Service Center did you go to?

Otherwise I suggest you call them first @ 1800 22 0086 to explain on the problem. Remember to inform them about this announcement

https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Update-bug-for-MobiFi-LTE-users/m-p/42683

Once HQ confirm, tell them which Service Center you are going to so they can inform the branch in advanced.

[ Edited ]
Contributor

@Bellsa

Referring to this announcement, could you please advise what preparation user needs to do before going to Huawei Service Center to get the mobifi modem fixed?

Few users e.g. @eeeglow242 @TomLee94 @Amywlc @Renee21

.. they went to Huawei Service Center and come back disappointed.

I know TomLee94 went to Huawei Service Center in Pavillion KL, not sure about eeglow242, Almywlc and Renee21

TomLee94 - Huawei Service Center Pavilion - just do factory reset

eeglow242 - Not sure what was done

Almywlc- Huawei Service Center Pavilion - was told to pay RM25 to check and pay RM60 to get this fixed.

Appreciate if you could help them to reach out the correct Huawei Support.

Thanks!

@vseries, thank you so much for your concerns.

I went to Huawei Pavilion.

The guy who served me seems aware of the issue. I did tell him about the announcement but didn't show him. Anyhow he kept repeating they would need to first check the device to the TECHNICIAN, only then they can know what the problem is and advise a solution. And, I need to pay RM25 to check the problem because my warranty expired in 2017.

Just to clarify, is your device still under warranty? The guy told me he would just kept it for checking without a single word if my device is still under warranty.

But anyway, I still insist I shouldn't being charged for the problem not my fault.

[ Edited ]
Contributor

@Amywlc

My modem is still under warranty when I first reported the problem to Digi until few weeks later the warranty has ended. When I got my modem back, the warranty has expired.

@vseries

Thanks for helping.

Update to the situation,

Sent in to the service centre at Pavillion again, told them it's a firmware issue and ask them to revert to previous version.

However, they said they can only update instead of reverting. Asked them what if they can't fix it, got no reply on this matter.

Frustrating since this problem started a month ago, and still being charged to pay the bill despite not able to use it.

Contributor

@TomLee94@Amywlc

Both of you went to Huawei Service Center in Pavillion... and couldn't get it fixed

Please go to Huawei Service Center in Sunway Pyramid.