Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Huawei e5577 keep restarting

Contributor

Hi @Digi_Kobi @MrOctopusK

Is there any update on this issue? While Digi & Huawei are still taking their time to resolve this, please understand that we still need to pay for the Broadband monthly subscription fee.

Thank you for your due diligence in handling this issue.

Seems like majority of the smart TV that got affected is from Sony series. Since my modem is still under warranty, can I request for a new one? In the future update, please include a rollback feature in case of such problems happening again.

I'm having the same problem as well. Very frustrated there is no more support for our broadband model e5577s in huawei webpage (I'm looking for old version firmware to download but found nothing) and slow action from Digi tehnical team to resolve the issue. Now I'm going to terminate my broadband subscription with Digi. 

Thank you Digi for your good service in the last few years until the new firmware update released.

-04-2018 01:20 PM

Hi @Digi_Kobi @MrOctopusK

and ALL,

after my comment on 12/4. I got called by Ethan and said that someone from Digi will follow up on the case this week. Still during the phone call on 12th they said the same thing that it is still under investigation. I guess they don't want to acknowledge the problem is theirs. Now looks like they really wanted to blame Huawei game again like in our first email. Seriously guys, please escalate your report to SKMM. Digi just wanted to delay on this matter. Let's have a look if I will receive a phone call again after this comment. We need to be more rigorous, the problem is never ending and they are simply not helping and keep delaying their responses.

Contributor

@Digi_Kobi@MrOctopusK

Well I guess letting us to revert back to previous firmware is the least Digi / Huawei could do for now. This has been ongoing for more than 3 weeks and it is not an isolated case. Digi / Huawei can then slowly investigate the issue and release a non-buggy firmware next year.

Do remember that we are a paying customer, not a tester. Please do have a conscience for causing the inconvenience to the user. Thanks!

@eeeglow242I believe Digi & Huawei have acknowledged this issue and we were advised that they have been working on it but it doesn't seem to be treated with high priority.

Thank you. But I still think they did not take the problem seriously. Right after my comment just now, they replied to my email. They were saying that the case has been escalated to the Technical Team. In fact, last week, the same response was given by Ethan. Looks like they have done nothing.

The case in SKMM also did not acknowledged by any of the representatives. I think they just don't want to do it. Now let see what happen next week.

I suggested them to offer us replacement since the modem might be faulty. But that was ignored as well. They are just a pain in the **bleep**.

Now, they think they can fool us by wanting to blame Huawei again. Huawei has clearly replied to me that updates was pushed by Digi the service provider. I guess they just want all this misery to happen. Pathetic.

‎19-04-2018 04:17 PM

@Digi_Kobi I have replied to your DM with all the case reference hopefully you will not ask it again in future just to let the case dragged to no end.

Please resolve it soon!

Contributor

@eeeglow242

Yes, this is the reason I said "it doesn't seem to be treated with high priority."

I also contacted Huawei support and they told me the firmware update is pushed by Digi to their customer..

Although I believe the firmware is developed by Huawei (custom firmware based on Digi's requirement?), I don't understand why Digi cannot push the previous firmware to us while they are working with Huawei to resolve this in indefinite time.

I also wonder why Huawei service center cannot flash their original firmware to their own mobifi device.

Digi should be answerable to their customer.

Support

Dear All.

We are sorry for the issues that occur due to the latest firmware update. Kindly click the link below for the latest update regarding the Huawei MobiFi redirection issue.

https://bit.ly/2qOMNyg

For those with the MobiFi auto restart issue, please PM us your contact details for further action.

Thank you.

Have a pleasant day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Thank you for finally responding to the issue. To be honest, Digi should response faster since the problem was first encountered on 24th March by us. And we have been suffering the issue for so long and now only it been acknowledged by Digi. Now, I am waiting for my modem to be fixed by Huawei service center, hopefully it will resolved soon.

Hopefully, our suffering will be followed by Rebates. Obviously, the updates was pushed by Digi and we have been experiencing terrible flaws since the last update.

Dear others, hopefully you will send the modem soon to any nearest Huawei service center as listed in the latest announcement by Digi. And do not forget to make an SKMM report too if Digi was very reluctant to treat your misery properly like what I have been experiencing this past month.

To recap, my first report to Digi was closed by Digi without my consent. Then I need to make a new report and wait another 2 days for reply from Digi representative with only a template reply blaming Huawei for the issue. Just after I have received reply from Huawei that the Update was pushed by service provider, only then Digi start to answer the query better. I escalated all my emails to SKMM since Digi keep pushing me around and after two weeks, I have the attention from a representative from Digi HQ for my SKMM report. Really regret the situation since Digi obviously do not want to entertain the matter and keep delaying any action by their team.

So for all of you out there, please raise SKMM report too on this autorestart and redirection issue. Because only then, Digi will treat you better.
Highlighted

Contributor

I got my mobifi firmware updated in Huawei Service Center and the issue of mobifi keep restarting and keep redirecting to Digi homepage are fixed.

For all that is having this issue, please go to nearest Huawei Service Center to get it fixed as per this announcement.

https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Update-bug-for-MobiFi-LTE-users/m-p/42683...

Thanks @Digi_Kobi @MrOctopusK