Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Huawei e5577 keep redirect the url

After I update my Huawei e5577 to Software version-21.328.62.01.311 recently, I keep getting redirect to new.digi.com.my/homebroadband which make me have a bad experience when surfing the internet. It more annoying than those pop-up ads where you need re-enter the url. In some case I unable to find the link again if I opened a lot of tabs and forgot what the original page before it get directed. And your registered full name is easily exposed to any devices that connecting to your broadband network. Which is so bad! Please launch another version to fix it.

Re: Huawei e5577 keep redirect the url

same to me...

Community Manager
Thank you for your feedback. This issue is in progress of investigation on Huawei and Digi technical team https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Broadband/Fake-network-signal-indicator-and-frequent-redirection-to...

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

same here. more then a week. plenty of data left. even maybank2u website also cant go in. really **bleep** off.

[ Edited ]

This happens to me too! Yes, indeed the issue started after I updated the modem firmware. I am redirected to this page: http://new.digi.com.my/homebroadband  dozen time a day. It's so annoyance!

It asks for email and I entered then it asks for mobile number ..... so what's the point? I don't want to get spammed.

Happened to me too. In fact, no news from DiGi since my last message a week ago. Is this how you provide your service? Every time I try to log in to my gmail, it will redirect me to your DIGi home page. Also, the speed is remarkably slow nowadays.

Let me tell you, the only way to market yourself is by providing top notch service, not redirecting your users to your homepage.

Can we request refund for all the data lost due to this non sense? It is so frustrating, annoying and even intrusive.

Can we revert back to old firmware?

Support

We unable to advise on that yet, sesku. We're still waiting for further feedback from the Huawei team.

Have a pleasant day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Any update on this matter? It's very exchausting to reload so many time end up with redirected page