Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Broadband cannot make voice call on FB messenger and Whatsapp

Hi, the problem i am facing now is that i am unable to make any call on fb messenger apps and whatsapp. It just keeps ringing until it hangs up. I tested it with various modems and  network provider, maxis and umobile works fine and only when i use digi simcard i cannot make fb call. Tried calling Helpline and your staff just keep babbling about voice minutes. FYI fb messenger app and whatsapp USE DATA QUOTA to make the voice call. any insight is appreciated as these two features is very very important for me. 

Re: Broadband cannot make voice call on FB messenger and Whatsapp

Community Manager

@Chew94, please be informed that the new Broadband plans do not allow VoIP services and offers VoIP top up to allow VoIP services. Please refer to FAQ: http://new.digi.com.my/broadband

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.
Highlighted

Re: Broadband cannot make voice call on FB messenger and Whatsapp

I was all enthusiastic about signing up to this Digi Broadband and now i read about this ridiculous restriction.  Thanks for highlighting this retrograde step from Digi.  I'll be looking for broadband elsewhere.