Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

(1 Sept 2018) Digi Broadband Updates FAQs

by Community Manager on ‎31-08-2018 08:11 AM - edited on ‎05-09-2018 12:27 AM by Moderator

Here’s what you need to know now that 6% Service Tax is implemented from 1 September 2018.

Prepaid Broadband

How much will I get if I reload after 6 Sept 2018?

When you activate your reload after 6 Sept 2018, the airtime value received will be the same as the reload value as reloads are tax exempt. Example, if you reload RM10, you will receive RM10 airtime.

Postpaid Broadband

What will I see in my monthly bill statement in Sept 2018?

The 6% Service Tax will appear in your bill statement, starting from the 8 Sept bill cycle, for any usage incurred in the month of Sept. It will not appear in the 1 Sept bill because all charges displayed are for usages in the month of August, which is still a 0% GST period.

Broadband 1.png

When I sign up for Digi Postpaid Broadband with device contract before 1 Sept 2018 but activate my service after 1 Sept, do I still enjoy 0% GST?

Your broadband devices will not be taxed as they are not subject to 6% Service Tax. However, all broadband services incurred from 1 Sept onwards will be subject to 6% Service Tax.

In my Sept 2018 monthly Postpaid Broadband bill, there are some usages that cross over from Aug 2018. Will the 6% Service Tax be pro-rated or do I get a full refund?

For new and existing customers who signed up before 1 Sept 2018 with a crossover billing between Aug and Sept 2018, the 6% Service Tax will be pro-rated in accordance to the number of days in September 2018 for the billing.

Broadband 1.png

Bill Statement Dates starting from 1st October 2018 onwards:

Broadband 2.png