Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Digi Broadband 0% GST FAQs

by Community Manager on ‎01-06-2018 12:05 AM

Here’s what you need to know now that GST will be at 0% from 1 June 2018.

Prepaid Broadband

How much do prepaid Broadband customers have to pay for a new prepaid Broadband starter pack after 1 June 2018?
From 1 June 2018, Digi customers will pay the published rate that is printed on the SIM packs, which is inclusive of 0% GST. At the same time, customer will be getting revised pre-loaded credit of RM32.50.

Screenshot_8.png

Before 1 June 2018, I enjoyed 6% GST rebate upon reload. Do I continue to enjoy the rebates if I reload after 1 June 2018?
Before 1 June 2018, you would receive airtime and GST rebate upon a successful reload (Example, for a RM10 reload, you would receive RM9.44 airtime and RM0.56 GST rebate). After 1 June 2018, you would receive the full amount of airtime when you reload, i.e. a RM10 reload would provide customers RM10 worth of airtime.

Will the reload GST rebates granted before 1 June 2018 be forfeited after 1 June 2018?
No, the reload GST rebates granted before 1 June 2018 would remain. The validity remains unchanged.

Would I still receive a GST rebate if I activated my reload before 1 June 2018 but the validity period is after 1 June 2018?
If you have activated before 1 June 2018, the GST rebate would have been granted immediately upon successful activation of the reload.

As a non-Malaysian customer, what can I expect after 1 June 2018?
Similar to a Malaysian customer, you will receive the full amount of airtime when you perform a reload after 1 June 2018. Example, you will be receive RM10 worth of airtime when you reload RM10.

Can I continue to print the Prepaid Tax Invoice after 0% GST is implemented?
Yes, you can view your Tax Invoice on MyDigi web.

Postpaid Broadband

Will there be any changes in my monthly bill once the 0% GST takes effect on 1 June 2018?
The displays of the bill before and after the month of June 2018 are as per below.
Screenshot_9.png

Would all existing Postpaid Broadband products & services that are subject to 6% GST become 0% GST?
Yes. Please refer to the table below.

Screenshot_10.png

My monthly postpaid broadband bill falls in June 2018 but my usage crosses over from May 2018. How will the GST 0% impact me? Will the 6% GST be pro-rated or do I get a full refund?
For new and existing customers who signed up before 1 June 2018 with a crossover billing between May and June 2018, the full 6% GST will be charged on the May/June monthly fee as well as other credit and charges. However, the extra GST amount charged according to the number of days of subscription in June 2018 will be refunded in the next bill statement.

May - June 2018 Crossover month bill charges by Bill Cycle illustration
Screenshot_11.png
Example: Your bill statement date is on 16 June 2018 for your Digi Postpaid Broadband. You would be charged the full 6% GST on the monthly fee of RM65 first. In the next bill statement, you would receive a refund of RM1.89 [6% x (RM65/31*15 days)]. For Usage charges, 6% GST is only levied up till 31 May 2018; so there would not be any excess GST charged from 1 June onwards.

May - June 2018 Crossover month (Eg. Bill Statement on 16 June 2018)

Screenshot_12.png
Will there be any refund for Advance Payments paid before 1 June 2018?

For any payment made before 1 June 2018, 6% GST will be charged and all payment made with 6% GST before 1 June 2018 shall NOT be refunded in accordance to Royal Customs Malaysia.

GST bb sc1.png
Screenshot_15.png

Will there be any refund for Plan Advance and Device Upfront fee payment paid before 1 June 2018?
For any payment made before 1 June 2018, 6% GST will be charged and all payment made with 6% GST before 1 June 2018 shall NOT be refunded in accordance to Royal Customs Malaysia. However, your plan advance payment would be used to offset June 2018 bill statement. In the July 2018 bill statement, we will recharge for the excess GST deducted in June 2018 bill (if there is any).

I have signed up a device bundled package and received a tax invoice before 1 June 2018. On 30 June 2018, I had to cancel my device contract but kept the device on 30 June 2018. Will I receive a refund on the 6% GST paid for advance payment when I signed up for the package?
No, there would not be any GST refund on the advance payment. Since the contract was terminated before the contract period, a penalty fee would be charged. However the penalty fee is not subject to GST.