Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SCAM ALERT: CodaPay Direct Billing

by Community Manager ‎21-08-2017 04:00 PM - edited ‎21-08-2017 04:13 PM

Hi there,

Recently, here has been an increase in cases where fraudsters are pretending to be a Friend on Facebook and other social media platforms, with the fraudulent intent to scam people.

- The fraudster will ask potential victim for his/her mobile number and which telco network he/she is using via Facebook Messenger or other social media platforms.

- The fraudster will use this information to trigger an OTP (One-time PIN) to be sent to the victim’s mobile. The fraudster will then try to secure the OTP from the potential victim.
Screenshot_3.png

- Once the OTP has been given, the fraudster will be able to charge purchases of digital content from CodaPay to the victim's phone bill, as though the victim had purchased them.

We urge all users to be EXTRA careful and NOT give away your mobile number, especially an OTP received via SMS. Please read the SMS content carefully.

If you receive any potential scams, you can immediately inform Digi Customer Support at 016 2211800 or via the MyDigi app.

Find out other ways you can identify a scam! Read here.

Comments
by Member
on ‎02-09-2017 04:19 AM

@Bellsa wrote:

Hi there,

Recently, here has been an increase in cases where fraudsters are pretending to be a Friend on Facebook and other social media platforms, with the fraudulent intent to scam people.

- The fraudster will ask potential victim for his/her mobile number and which telco network he/she is using via Facebook Messenger or other social media platforms.

- The fraudster will use this information to trigger an OTP (One-time PIN) to be sent to the victim’s mobile. The fraudster will then try to secure the OTP from the potential victim.
Screenshot_3.png

- Once the OTP has been given, the fraudster will be able to charge purchases of digital content from CodaPay to the victim's phone bill, as though the victim had purchased them.

We urge all users to be EXTRA careful and NOT give away your mobile number, especially an OTP received via SMS. Please read the SMS content carefully.

If you receive any potential scams, you can immediately inform Digi Customer Support at 016 2211800 or via the MyDigi app.

Find out other ways you can identify a scam! Read hehttps://www.instaforex.com/ms/no_deposit_bonusre.

by Member
on ‎24-05-2019 09:08 PM

I got this SMS and I did not reply.

Guess what, digi charged me for RM5 for this.

Please refund back my money to me.

by Member
on ‎26-05-2019 06:16 PM

I got charged too and i didnt reply any message but just deleted it. 

Please refund back money to me.

by Member
on ‎27-05-2019 11:19 AM

i got that message too but i did not reply anything  and digi charged me RM5.

Please refund back my money to me.

by Member
on ‎04-06-2019 12:53 AM

Same here. I got the message and ignored it yet digi charged me RM5. Kindly refund!! 

by Member
on ‎06-06-2019 03:06 PM

same with me. i  got the message and ignored it. when i got the billing invoice digi charged me RM5. When i ask they said i have to pay as the subscription already subscribed EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT EVEN REPLY TO THAT MESSAGE !

by Member
on ‎11-06-2019 11:05 AM

i just called digi at 11 June 2019 1030am, the operator told me to direct call to Coda comnpany with providing me this number 01136535818 because the operator told that DIGI DONT HAVE THE SYSTEM TO Trace the record. I DIDNT REPLY ANY MESSAGES From the CODA.

by Member
on ‎15-06-2019 11:25 AM

I got scammed too - but I put the blame entirely on Digi. Why is Digi allowing for all these dubious charges to be made to my account? I did not authorise any of this. I only signed up for the phone call and data package. Is Digi even concerned about this problem it is creating for its users? For creating this problem for me, I have to call in do Digi Helpline but as usual  I am being made to wait forever and I'm still waiting.  Will Digi ever come out to say sorry and refund us for the fraudulent charge? 

by Member
on ‎19-06-2019 02:39 PM

i did not reply anything and digi charged me RM5.
the bill are showing the coda payment paying by May 29 19:48

called helpline digi customer service guy want me call back to coda to ask them refund,
I feel so funny, I did not reply any message to this coda, but digi charge me RM5.
If every month got case like this, who want contiune to use digi?

by Member
on ‎19-06-2019 10:55 PM
Some scammer used my phone number to subscribe to some Coda shop. My latest bill has extra RM5 charge. I did not give away stupid OTP or did anything for purchase. Refund to me.! Digi should responsible for this because you allowed this. And to think how maay people never check their bills. Berbillion Ringgit you all semakin kaya.
by Member
on ‎20-06-2019 10:09 AM

Dear all,

Let us complain the matters to  Consumer Forum Malaysiahttp://complaint.cfm.my/.  The email address is aduan@cfm.org.my

by Member
on ‎21-06-2019 05:05 PM

I have charged RM5 too, I didn't reply to the massage.

Digi, please refund me also.

by Member
on ‎24-06-2019 12:27 PM

I have been charged rm5 too, didn't reply the sms though. Sad

by Member
on ‎24-06-2019 04:30 PM

I have been charged too, it charged to my Gadget SIM !!! which not suppose to call or sms.

by Member
on ‎24-06-2019 04:31 PM

Digi, please refund us the money!

by Member
‎16-07-2019 05:00 PM - edited ‎16-07-2019 05:07 PM

I'm very disappointed with digi service about the scam codapayment which charged me rm5 in my bill without my consent and notice...i called up digi cs to identify the codapayment charges because i never purchase any apps  for my whole life and the digi cs said the codapayment cannot waive off and ask me to call or email to support@codapayment.com.

After a very long email with codapayment cs, they refuse to refund the money back to me. I never purchase the app specified from codapayment and never insert any pin to agree the purchase and never share out the pin. The pin the sent to my phone directly and at the end of the day the phone bill charge an extra rm5...THIS IS RIDICULOUS 

Screenshot_20190716-165702_Gmail.jpg

by Member
on ‎07-08-2019 04:23 PM

I experienced the same issue as well. Called Digi Customer Service and they said they cant do anything and asked me to call CodaPay instead. DIgi gave me the phone number 01136535818 to call CodaPay but the phone number does not even work.

I feel so dissappointed with Digi right now and I hate being scammed. Digi is being so irresponsible for allowing this to happen to its users. I will now consider switching to Maxis or Celcom.

This is not the first time I am scammed by Digi. Previously, they charged me RM4 weekly for a subscription "Tourgame" that I have not even heard of. 

by Member
on ‎21-12-2019 10:52 PM

I will report police  and complain  with MCMC. this is a digi problem not our problem!! Pas refund  all the money back to  me.!!

by Member
on ‎07-02-2020 11:26 AM

Dear Digi,

PLEASE REFUND RM 190 & RM68.75

I want to stress out this matter URGENTLY!!!

PLEASE TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY!

CASE ID: CAS-17035526

Me & my daughter's number being charged for CODA PAYMENT.
Same date 8th JAN, timing 8pm++

Which we both DID NOT receive any SMS to give approval for charging.
we DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THIS WEBSITE
This payment has gone thru from NON OF OUR CONCERN!

Digi security is VERY VERY low!
Someone managed to hack in our number to get approval?
Digi just release payment?
THIS IS A CRIME!
DEFINITELY WILL MAKE A POLICE REPORT!

PLEASE LOOK IN THIS MATTER NOW.
REFUND ASAP!

We only get the phone bill at the beginning of the month.
Meaning, if we get the charges again today or tmr we will only notice by next month!
That's really FAR LATE & HARDER to trace back!

We have been with Digi with So MANY MANY YEARS.
Its is really Sad & regretful Woman Frustrated to get this far high bill value.
If Digi cannot solve/block this CODA PAY.
We might as well leave the bill & Phone Number behind.

This is really REALLY unfair for people hard earn money!

DIGI need to put up HIGH SECURITY on all these online things
This is NOT the first case, there were already many Victims 2 years ago till now.

We all did not receive any SMS nor providing any TAC Code to anybody.
It manage to directly get DIGI approval to release the payment?
Why is it making me think that DIGI is working with these company to CHEAT our HARD EARN MONEY?

2ND CASE ~
My Daughter's line, RM3, RM4 kept on charging....
A month can go up RM50+++
TAC SMS send in & directly on the same min DIGI inform successfully being charged! SPEECHLESS!
Cus she DOES NOT USE any TAC number at all!

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER NOW!

by Member
on ‎24-02-2020 10:56 PM

E6045DA2-643A-41D8-97DB-15D565614E3C.pngDIGI charged me RM95 for coda payments, i dont even know what was that untill i check these comments everyone complained. I will not pay the rm95, and I never gave anycode to anyone. If digi forces me to pay the rm95 i will stop using this line FOREVER. And my friends and family too. PLEASE DO HAVE SOME RESPONSIBILITY DIGI!

by Member
on ‎25-02-2020 08:55 PM

76E7DAC3-4A27-4D65-AA2C-F94928DA8640.pngWhy charge me rm95, me didn't purchase or subscribe any games or other add on. Pls check and give me a reason why charge me rm95 ASAP. 

by Member
on ‎27-02-2020 09:14 PM

DIgi said not their problem, Coda said they are not responsible for the usage and whereabouts of the mobile device, we shall not give a refund.

So they just closed case like this. It more looks like Digi are Co-op with Coda to scam us

by Member
on ‎04-03-2020 04:39 PM

Report No ID CAS-17290300-N5F7.....scame by digi for Coda payment Rm247.00 for month Of January 2020 bill, cal up Digi n make report at Digi customer service center , no respond at all by Digi center.

Cal Digi back by phone next day and been inform by their call center that it not their fault ....Digi call center  ask owner to cal up Coda and ask back the refund . What is Digi doing , am I not paying for your service? It really look like Digi is  working with the scamer .

It better to switch to other telco, Digi security is getting worse.  it really made me worrier when ever biling time is up nvn known what charger Digi going to charge extra.....it stupid ...right?

by Member
on ‎04-03-2020 04:43 PM

look like most ppl getting scam by using  Digi telco for Coda payment . Digi got No security to secure our line??so bad...

by Member
on ‎23-03-2020 03:53 PM

I'm having the same issue too! 

Got scam from freind Insta account!

by Member
on ‎24-03-2020 11:22 PM

What is CODA Payment? Why am I charged RM300 in 3 minutes? I called DIGI and the telephony said they could not do much. I did not share anything and did not even notice any request of OTP or sharing of OTP pin. What type of SCAM is this? Very scary. Shall I stopped using Digi? Can someone advise?

by Member
on ‎08-04-2020 12:40 PM

I  was charged RM100 by Coda in March 2020 Digi bill.

Please make official complaint to MCMC at the following website.

https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/

by Member
on ‎11-04-2020 11:15 AM

Hi digi, 

I was charged rm100 by coda payment on 27 march. I receive the otp twice and do nothing. 

I will not pay xtra 100 on my bill. Please solve your security issue.  If not, im afraid, i have to terminate digi to get away from this scam. 

Digi infinate 150 user

Alif

016-7221329 

by Member
‎06-05-2020 04:34 PM - edited ‎06-05-2020 04:37 PM

I also have been charged Rm100 for CODA payment. But I haven’t play the PUBG game and never give any TAC/OTP to anyone. But somehow I have been charged on 31/03/2020. When I check my sms, I did received 2 SMS on 31/03/2020 regarding code for CODApay. But I didn’t do anything about it. When I contact DiGI Livechat, they ask to to contact CODA to investigate and refund. I’ve already file a report to SKMM and ask DiGI to block ask sort of payment to CODA.

238F8ECC-A09E-44B1-B2A7-F9821611CCCA.png

E09681A3-1F3B-4DD8-A7C4-2CAB71A12420.png