Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Digi Postpaid 0% GST FAQs

by Community Manager on ‎01-06-2018 12:08 AM

Here’s what you need to know now that GST will be at 0% from 1 June 2018.

Will there be any changes in my monthly bill once the 0% GST takes effect on 1 June 2018?

The displays of the bill before and after the month of June 2018 are as per below.
Screenshot_1.png

Would all existing Postpaid Products & Services that are subject to 6% GST becomes 0% GST?

Yes. Please refer to the summary table below.

Screenshot_3.png

My monthly postpaid bill falls in June 2018 but my phone usage crosses over from May 2018. How will the 0% GST impact me? Will the 6% GST be pro-rated or do I get a full refund?

For new and existing customers who signed up before 1 June 2018 with a crossover billing between May and June 2018, GST will be charged on the monthly fee as well as other credit and charges. The 6% GST amount charged according to the number of days of subscription from 1 June 2018 will be refunded in the next bill statement.

May - June 2018 Crossover month bill charges by Bill Cycle illustration

Screenshot_4.png

Example: Your bill statement date is on 16 June 2018 for your Digi Postpaid 80. You would be charged the full 6% GST on the monthly fee of RM80 first. In the next bill statement, you would receive a refund of RM2.32 [6% x (RM80/31*15 days)]. For Usage charges, 6% GST is only levied up till 31 May 2018; so there would not be any excess GST charged from 1 June onwards.

May - June’18 Crossover month (Eg. Bill Statement on 16 June 2018)

Screenshot_5.png

Will there be any refund for Advance Payments paid before 1 June 2018?

For any payment made before 1 June 2018, 6% GST will be charged and all payment made with 6% GST before 1 June 2018 shall NOT be refunded in accordance to Royal Customs Malaysia.

Please refer to the scenarios below to understand how advance payment is treated.
gst postpaid - sc.png

Will there be any refund for Easy Payment Plan (EPP) Advance Payment paid before 1 June 2018?
For any payment made before 1 June 2018, 6% GST will be charged and all payment made with 6% GST before 1 June 2018 shall NOT be refunded in accordance to Royal Customs Malaysia. 

Will there be a refund of the 6% GST for any phone bundle/ purchases before 1 June 2018, which is still pending activation or delivery? Example MNP phone bundle/DSO delivery?
For any payment made before 1 June 2018, 6% GST will be charged and all payment made with 6% GST before 1 June 2018 shall NOT be refunded in accordance to Royal Customs Malaysia. Nevertheless, for customers who signed up during the 10% Off Device Price Promotion (22 - 31 May 2018), the difference in device price will be refunded in next month’s bill.

I have signed up for a phone bundle and received a tax invoice before 1 June 2018. On 30 June 2018, I had to cancel my phone contract but kept the phone on 30 June 2018. Will I receive a refund on the 6% GST paid for Advance Payment when I signed up for the package?
No, there would not be any GST refund on the Advance Payment. Since the contract was terminated before the contract period, a penalty fee would be charged. However, the contract penalty fee is not subject to GST.

Comments
by Tiha Member
on ‎21-01-2020 07:33 PM

Hi..just want to ask is the access fee still be charged in digi  postpaid bill and how it different in every month