Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers

by whysee SuperUser on ‎09-01-2017 04:40 PM - edited on ‎22-11-2018 07:34 PM by Community Manager

#DigiUpdate  on CPA charges (22 Nov 2018):

Do note that  recent reports of CPA charges might be due to malware that might affect the STOP ALL method. However our team is  still investigating this. We suggest that you capture all of the relevant screenshots and then proceed to wipe the phone to get rid of the malware. Then, direct message or PM us on Facebook  to lodge your report. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear friends,

Having concerns on unauthorized content subscriptions? Having surprises on your monthly billing?

Our team has now enhanced the 3rd party content providers service by implementing double confirmation action (e.g. AOC – Advisory of Charges and TAC) to confirm consumer intent before purchasing mobile content.

To activate only genuine subscriptions, subscriber will receive a confirmation web link as the below. This web link will lead subscribers to a screen to key in the TAC code sent to your mobile number before confirmation of purchase(as per attached in figure below).

With this added feature, we hope our subscribers will have a better experience in the subscription of these services!

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

If you are subscribed to a third party Content Provider (CP) service that uses a 5-digit short code, you can unsubscribe from the service immediately by:

1) Replying STOP ALL to the SMS message or short code.

2) Unsubscribe via MyDigi. Go to Setting > Subscriptions > Subscription based services > Check on services that you would like to unsubscribe. 

Some tips to be mindful when receiving SMSes from short codes:
• Read the SMS carefully before giving consent or opting in to the service.
    Typically the SMS will ask you to type YES or Y in reply to the short code to subscribe.

• Do not click on any links within the SMS as it might lead you to accidentally subscribing to a service.

• Do not subscribe to any services from any unfamiliar or suspicious SMSes.

• Do not click on any suspicious banners or links that indicate you have won a prize.

• Do not enter your mobile number on any unfamiliar or suspicious webpages.

• Do not enter your phone number if a page shows that “your phone has a virus” and asks for your phone number to clear it.

• Beware of ads that may lead you to phishing websites.

• Beware of installing third party apps other than from the official Google Play Store or Apple App Store.

• Beware of granting permissions to third party apps to send SMSes from your phone.

We at Digi do not condone the use of our 5-digit short code service by errant third party CPs who do not comply to MCMC’s mandatory standards for the provision of mobile content services.

communitybanner.png

Comments
by rissay2u Member
on ‎09-01-2019 11:28 AM

first call  digi careline number -  016 221 1800 

then dont forget to email  to

help@digi.com.my,  

gobindsinghdeo@kkmm.gov.my

they will  refund your money. but fisrt they will  insist that you subcription in genuine from you!

by Support
on ‎10-01-2019 11:35 AM

ttwd80, tolong PM kami nombor telefon & screenshot mesej mengenai charge dari servis pihak ketiga tu untuk penegsahan dulu di <sini> ya. TQ

Saya pun kena jugak.

Apa process untuk dapat refund?

Terima kasih.

by teotzeyong Member
on ‎07-02-2019 11:02 AM

Digi can you please block ALL third parties from my account. This time it is getting WORSE, I did not receive any notification and i got charged 3 times over past 2 months and probably more. Since I am prepaid I dont have a bill to check either. 

I suspect i got charged way more but because I dont have bill I cannot know. Please help me block all 3rd party stuff. I already told you guys last time but keep saying no. I don't want to resort to the extreme if it happens again. MCMC or port out.

by nik7719 Member
on ‎11-02-2019 11:23 PM

i have been charged rm10 from third party which i never subcsribed and will never subscribe. 

please helpScreenshot_20190211-220554.png

by Support
on ‎12-02-2019 02:40 PM

Hi nik7719, to stop the third party charges from shortcode 36635, kindly send SMS "STOP ALL" to 36635. TQ

by joker Member
on ‎26-03-2019 07:18 PM

My account was deducted by "Excel Learn Games" without any agreement

i called digi helpline and they told me it is blocked but until today this fcking "Excel Learn Games" still keep charging me.

i dint subscribe it, it silently deduct my credit without notice , thanks god i check my credit regulary.

i dint even receive any sms / service, this is totally rip off.

i think digi side with their scam partner more than their customer.

btw i already emailed to gobindsingh and mcmc/ cfm, this kind of business mindset wont get u  better , digi.

this is my case number if digi still bother  CAS-12334360-K0N4

hope digi zaplap soon. sekian.

https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/

gobindsinghdeo@kkmm.gov.my

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TTB5Utx.png[/img]

by csmmoon Member
on ‎09-04-2019 12:49 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-09 at 12.43.43 PM.jpeg

Can have any refund ? I am not happy with this, I just reload few days ago then now they took my balance:. I SMS them STOP ALL they deduct RM2 again and didn't receive any  reply for successfuly unsubscribe, 

by Support
on ‎10-04-2019 09:57 AM

csmmoon, kindly check your PM, please. TQ.

Can have any refund ? I am not happy with this, I just reload few days ago then now they took my balance:. I SMS them STOP ALL they deduct RM2 again and didn't receive any  reply for successfuly unsubscribe, 

by Kee0721 Member
on ‎02-07-2019 09:42 AM

Angry to received this message!!!!  So disappointed digi to do the things to get more money from customer!!!! 

Screenshot_20190702_091929_com.android.mms.jpg

by Kee0721 Member
on ‎02-07-2019 09:47 AM

Total charge RM12 from my bill and didn't get any approval !!!!!! Why Digi didn't have control like this type of problem!! ! So dissapointed!!! 

Screenshot_20190702_094338.jpgScreenshot_20190702_091929_com.android.mms.jpg

by unknow Member
on ‎02-07-2019 10:18 AM

SMS VALUE ADDED atau sms mentekedarah duit org ni, kompelen kat sini bukn jd apa pn. Call digihepline pn tak jd apa, bgtau ja STOP ALL bukn jd apa pn kna cas lg ada.

Klu nk yg brkesan isi borg dan adu disini lebih brkesan

https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/Complaint/ComplaintList

Klu anda buat aduan d SKMM anda akn dilayan mcm VVIP oleh consultant  DIGi khas yg blh stop terus sms value added ni, cas yg dknakn  akn dberi balik dgn cara bil yg kedepan akan dikurgkan. Yg best tiada lg sms value added dtg .

Aman bil Digi sy lma dh xkna SMS VALUE ADDED.

by Kee0721 Member
on ‎02-07-2019 11:41 AM

Plz follow up this case, and refund back the money.

This kind of problem is not a first time . Always thief my money!Screenshot_20190702_112617_com.android.mms.jpge case,  and refund back the money. 

U

by rachlcy Member
on ‎15-07-2019 01:57 PM

DIGI, here's a tip. Other e-wallet services boost and Tng do not have these issues. You should learn from them.  The sms is so easy to access it is a very insecure method for something that involves money. Stop using sms to do transactions. Use Apps instead. And you should have full control of all transactions. Any subscription  should only be possible through your app and you should be solely responsible to it's security.

by HenryJay Member
on ‎15-08-2019 05:53 PM

the TAC verification is no longer working, those blood sucker content provider still can charges u without your consent and you won't receive any TAC  for this

by bbnessa Member
on ‎15-08-2019 07:43 PM

Hi

i just  been deducted from my balance about Rm4 from this so-called 3rd party. I've been sms back STOP ALL/STOP/CANCEL hoping that I didnt get deducted without my consent, I've been aware of this kind of scammer so I did some prevention but apparently this unknown service provider managed to get hand of my balance and now I'm left with nothing and also I am already afraid to reload because of this. I upload the screenshot of the SMS. Please, by any mean it would be helpful if my balance is refund back because this is really causing me a lot of trouble.

Thank you

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-15 at 19.36.46.jpeg 

by SamHeng Member
on ‎26-10-2019 01:24 PM

@whysee wrote:

My Digi No +6016-8162094

No Registered under : Yusram Bin Yusoff.

RM4.00/weekly subscription charge from ErosNow. Messages from  20000 I want to cancel this.

Please contact me. ASAP

#DigiUpdate  on CPA charges (22 Nov 2018):

Do note that  recent reports of CPA charges might be due to malware that might affect the STOP ALL method. However our team is  still investigating this. We suggest that you capture all of the relevant screenshots and then proceed to wipe the phone to get rid of the malware. Then, direct message or PM us on Facebook  to lodge your report. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear friends,

Having concerns on unauthorized content subscriptions? Having surprises on your monthly billing?

Our team has now enhanced the 3rd party content providers service by implementing double confirmation action (e.g. AOC – Advisory of Charges and TAC) to confirm consumer intent before purchasing mobile content.

To activate only genuine subscriptions, subscriber will receive a confirmation web link as the below. This web link will lead subscribers to a screen to key in the TAC code sent to your mobile number before confirmation of purchase(as per attached in figure below).

With this added feature, we hope our subscribers will have a better experience in the subscription of these services!

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

If you are subscribed to a third party Content Provider (CP) service that uses a 5-digit short code, you can unsubscribe from the service immediately by:

1) Replying STOP ALL to the SMS message or short code.

2) Unsubscribe via MyDigi. Go to Setting > Subscriptions > Subscription based services > Check on services that you would like to unsubscribe. 

Some tips to be mindful when receiving SMSes from short codes:
• Read the SMS carefully before giving consent or opting in to the service.
    Typically the SMS will ask you to type YES or Y in reply to the short code to subscribe.

• Do not click on any links within the SMS as it might lead you to accidentally subscribing to a service.

• Do not subscribe to any services from any unfamiliar or suspicious SMSes.

• Do not click on any suspicious banners or links that indicate you have won a prize.

• Do not enter your mobile number on any unfamiliar or suspicious webpages.

• Do not enter your phone number if a page shows that “your phone has a virus” and asks for your phone number to clear it.

• Beware of ads that may lead you to phishing websites.

• Beware of installing third party apps other than from the official Google Play Store or Apple App Store.

• Beware of granting permissions to third party apps to send SMSes from your phone.

We at Digi do not condone the use of our 5-digit short code service by errant third party CPs who do not comply to MCMC’s mandatory standards for the provision of mobile content services.

communitybanner.png

by SamHeng Member
on ‎26-10-2019 01:25 PM

My Digi No +6016-9759396

No Registered under : Chen Sam Heng.

RM4.00/weekly subscription charge from ErosNow. Messages from  20000 I want to cancel this.

Please contact me. ASAP

by Deep6 Member
on ‎17-11-2019 11:24 AM

Hi good morning I received sms from  32775 and it deducted from my credit I really  do not know  what is for 

Plzz  help