Having concerns on unauthorized content subscriptions? Having surprises on your monthly billing?
If you are subscribed to a third party Content Provider (CP) service that uses a 5-digit short code, you can unsubscribe from the service immediately by:
1) Replying STOP ALL to the SMS message or short code.
Some tips to be mindful when receiving SMSes from short codes: • Read the SMS carefully before giving consent or opting in to the service. Typically the SMS will ask you to type YES or Y in reply to the short code to subscribe.
• Do not click on any links within the SMS as it might lead you to accidentally subscribing to a service.
• Do not subscribe to any services from any unfamiliar or suspicious SMSes.
• Do not click on any suspicious banners or links that indicate you have won a prize.
• Do not enter your mobile number on any unfamiliar or suspicious webpages.
• Do not enter your phone number if a page shows that “your phone has a virus” and asks for your phone number to clear it.
• Beware of ads that may lead you to phishing websites.
• Beware of installing third party apps other than from the official Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
• Beware of granting permissions to third party apps to send SMSes from your phone.
For preventive measures, our team has now enhanced the 3rd party content providers service by implementing double confirmation action (e.g. AOC – Advisory of Charges and TAC) to confirm consumer intent before purchasing mobile content.
To activate only genuine subscriptions, subscriber will receive a confirmation web link as the below. This web link will lead subscribers to a screen to key in the TAC code sent to your mobile number before confirmation of purchase(as per attached in figure below).
With this added feature, we hope our subscribers will have a better experience in the subscription of these services!
We at Digi do not condone the use of our 5-digit short code service by errant third party CPs who do not comply to MCMC’s mandatory standards for the provision of mobile content services.