Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers

by whysee SuperUser on ‎09-01-2017 04:40 PM - edited on ‎22-11-2018 07:34 PM by Community Manager

#DigiUpdate  on CPA charges (22 Nov 2018):

Do note that  recent reports of CPA charges might be due to malware that might affect the STOP ALL method. However our team is  still investigating this. We suggest that you capture all of the relevant screenshots and then proceed to wipe the phone to get rid of the malware. Then, direct message or PM us on Facebook  to lodge your report. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear friends,

Having concerns on unauthorized content subscriptions? Having surprises on your monthly billing?

Our team has now enhanced the 3rd party content providers service by implementing double confirmation action (e.g. AOC – Advisory of Charges and TAC) to confirm consumer intent before purchasing mobile content.

To activate only genuine subscriptions, subscriber will receive a confirmation web link as the below. This web link will lead subscribers to a screen to key in the TAC code sent to your mobile number before confirmation of purchase(as per attached in figure below).

With this added feature, we hope our subscribers will have a better experience in the subscription of these services!

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

If you are subscribed to a third party Content Provider (CP) service that uses a 5-digit short code, you can unsubscribe from the service immediately by:

1) Replying STOP ALL to the SMS message or short code.

2) Unsubscribe via MyDigi. Go to Setting > Subscriptions > Subscription based services > Check on services that you would like to unsubscribe. 

Some tips to be mindful when receiving SMSes from short codes:
• Read the SMS carefully before giving consent or opting in to the service.
    Typically the SMS will ask you to type YES or Y in reply to the short code to subscribe.

• Do not click on any links within the SMS as it might lead you to accidentally subscribing to a service.

• Do not subscribe to any services from any unfamiliar or suspicious SMSes.

• Do not click on any suspicious banners or links that indicate you have won a prize.

• Do not enter your mobile number on any unfamiliar or suspicious webpages.

• Do not enter your phone number if a page shows that “your phone has a virus” and asks for your phone number to clear it.

• Beware of ads that may lead you to phishing websites.

• Beware of installing third party apps other than from the official Google Play Store or Apple App Store.

• Beware of granting permissions to third party apps to send SMSes from your phone.

We at Digi do not condone the use of our 5-digit short code service by errant third party CPs who do not comply to MCMC’s mandatory standards for the provision of mobile content services.

communitybanner.png

Comments
by ying92 Member
on ‎15-09-2017 10:12 AM

mcm mana mau kasi stop ini mesej. balik2 jugak dtg mau 100 kali sudh. baru hbs topup dimakannya. plz lh ksi stop smua ni..  

RM0.00(excl.GST):Your TAC formob service subscription is 1251 (expires in 2mins).Please ignore if you did not request. Info@ http://digi.my/TAC

by syaz15 Member
on ‎21-09-2017 03:21 PM

digi  please fix this problem before its too late 

i received this message just now and I already sent message STOP ALL but I cant sent it maybe it was blocked idk...

RM0.00: Successful registration. No subscription fee. Price: RM4.00/sms. 16 sms/month. Renewal on 20/10/2017. To cancel, send stop ba to 32638

by Support
on ‎21-09-2017 03:42 PM

Hi syaz15,

Upon checking, the service from  32638 has been successfully deactivated on 21/09/2017. We recommend you to be careful when browsing the internet. You may check which sites were you accessing when you got the SMS to avoid the incoming TAC SMS ya. Please refer to the link given to avoid third-party charges:http://goo.gl/3MPvNG

Thanks.

by Jamal_lah Member
on ‎22-09-2017 08:30 AM

Hello, sy juga mengalami masalah yg sama, lepas send STOP ALL untuk unsubscrie dia akan auto subscribe balik tak lama lepastu, 4 kali STOP ALL da, dia da charge rm16.++ please help me

by Support
on ‎22-09-2017 09:50 AM

Hi Jamal_lah,

Langganan tersebut adalah perkhidmatan game yang bernama "GameStrike Tournament". Langganan ni perlu hantar TAC code untuk memberi akses servis pengaktifan. Anda boleh tulis SMS 'STOP TOURGAME' dan hantar semula ke 20000 untuk permohonan pembatalan ya. Pastikan nanti ada menerima SMS balas untuk makluman status pembatalan. 

Untuk mendapatkan maklumat tentang perkhidmatan ini, anda boleh hubungi Gamestrike, butiran adalah seperti di bawah:

Portal sokongan: http://www.gamestrike.my/mobile/index.php?m=main&c=show_feedback
E-mel: cs@gamestrike.my
Nombor Telefon: 0322762999 (9am-5pm, Isnin-Jummat)

Terima kasih.

by Jamal_lah Member
on ‎22-09-2017 05:03 PM

Hi, 

Ye saya sudah send  STOP TOURGAME,sudah 3kali unsubscribe tapi dia auto subscribe again, msg request TAC pon sy ignore je, tak buat ape ape pon smp je msg request TAC, da smp beratus, masalah gamestrike ni kalau sy unsubscribe and then lepasni dia auto subscribe balik macam  mane? Digi bole minta refund balik tak and block dorg ni

by manbelon Member
on ‎26-09-2017 03:56 PM

Hi Digi

i called Digi center regarding this value added services, it cost me RM60! i want this charges cancel and remove from my bills.

and i need to ask Digi, what is your action towards this scam issue? do you feel that as user like me willing to pay RM60 just for nothing?

i need fast action from digi,

PLEASE!!!!

by Support
on ‎26-09-2017 04:04 PM

Hi manbelon, Please PM us via http://goo.gl/epyFn8 with your full name, mobile number and full IC number for further checking. Thanks Smiley Happy 

by sensen Member
on ‎06-10-2017 02:23 PM

Same situation happen to me. Can I get back the refund?Screenshot_2017-10-06-14-13-53.pngScreenshot_2017-10-06-14-14-00.png

by Support
on ‎06-10-2017 02:53 PM

Hi sensen, kindly check your PM ya. TQ. 

by chonghansin Member
‎09-10-2017 11:06 PM - edited ‎09-10-2017 11:09 PM

Screenshot_20171009_222859.pngScreenshot_20171009_222903.pngMay i know why im getting unknown charge for dob fortumo? Please look into this matter..It almost RM100..

by Nat19 Member
on ‎22-10-2017 02:39 PM

Hey Digi,

"Langganan tersebut adalah perkhidmatan game yang bernama "GameStrike Tournament". Langganan ni perlu hantar TAC code untuk memberi akses servis pengaktifan. Anda boleh tulis SMS 'STOP TOURGAME' dan hantar semula ke 20000 untuk permohonan pembatalan ya. Pastikan nanti ada menerima SMS balas untuk makluman status pembatalan. "

Anyway,for this statement "Langganan ni perlu hantar TAC code untuk memberi akses servis pengaktifan." i didnt key in any TAC code, but it auto subscribe me  into this gamestrike and charge me.

After i terminate by sending STOP TOURGAME, it successfully terminate. The next day, auto renew my subscription.

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-22 at 2.20.49 PM (1).jpeg

Can digi block this gamestrike and refund the money been charged to me?

Please act fast as it charge me time to time.

Response and soleve this problem ASAP

Thank you.

by unazs Member
on ‎26-10-2017 09:54 AM

Hi,

I have encounted same problem of gamestrike, I never subscripted this service, but digi charged 7RM to me already.

Can you please stop this service and refund the total cost to me?

Thanks,

a.PNG

by manbelon Member
on ‎26-10-2017 11:43 AM

hi digi, launch second complaint but no reply

this is second month i have been charged "value added" scam, which cost me RM20

i want it to be remove from my bill else, i refuse to make any payment and look into above cases, it is valid to launch official complaint to SKMM

thanks

by Zulariff89 Member
on ‎10-11-2017 01:40 AM

Saya telah terima mesej dibawah ni pada 10/11/2017 jam 0111hrs. Saya tidak ada melanggan apa-apa servis. Tolong hentikan semua ini serta merta. Terima kasih.

RM0.00(excl.GST):Your TAC for x5 service subscription is 3661 (expires in 2mins).Please ignore if you did not request. Info@ http://digi.my/TAC

by Support
on ‎10-11-2017 09:18 AM

Hi Zulariff89,  Sila PM kami melalui http://goo.gl/epyFn8 dengan nombor telefon anda supaya kami dapat membantu anda. Terima kasih

by Avril23 Member
on ‎11-11-2017 03:34 AM
I wanna know why this SMS comes to me last night..as I know I didn't request. RM0.00(excl.GST):Your TAC for x3 service subscription is 3333 (expires in 2mins).Please ignore if you did not request. Info@ http://digi.my/TAC
by Support
on ‎12-11-2017 11:03 AM

Hi Avril23,  if you did not subscribe to this service, kindly ignore the SMS and do not share the TAC code to any person/party. For more info, kindly visit https://goo.gl/UEidsY. Thank you.

by Nat19 Member
on ‎12-11-2017 04:17 PM

Hi Digi,

Just ignore this kind of message?  

RM0.00(excl.GST):Your TAC for x5 service subscription is 3661 (expires in 2mins).Please ignore if you did not request. Info@ http://digi.my/TAC

Doesn't sound good for DIGI.It is very annoying to receive this kind of sms for around 5-10 times a day.

Can DIGI solve this problem?

And i knew Digi had successfully help me  permanently terminate the 20000 (gamestrike) subscription.

However, the charges cost for the ridiculous and unreasonable subscription are not removed from my Bill yet.

This is so unfair to me and other customers.

Very appreciate if Digi can remove this extra charges from my bill and block those annoying sms.

Thank you

by Support
on ‎12-11-2017 04:38 PM

Hi Nat19, TourGame subscription is a game service called "GameStrike Tournament". This subscription needs to send TAC code to enable activation service access. To refund the unknown charges from TourGame. You can directly contact or email GameStrike. TQ 

Below are the GameStrike service details: 
Website: http://www.gamestrike.my/mobile/index.php?m=main&c=show_feedback
Email: cs@gamestrike.my
Helpline: 0322762999 (Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm)

by Nat19 Member
on ‎12-11-2017 11:38 PM

Hi Digi Ann,

However, how can Gamestrike auto subscribed our number to the tourgame and direct charged us?

How they obtain our number and subcribe to the tourgame without our permission?

Cuold you kindly explain?

Thank you 

by Support
on ‎13-11-2017 09:07 AM

Hi Nat19,

These type of services can be activated either via SMS, triggered by one of the applications downloaded/installed on your smart device or pop-up ad during web browsing. You have to be careful whenever you access the internet or third-party application. Do not click any promo or advertisement that pop-up on your device or you will be charged for the subscription. For more info, you can refer to http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Apps-Services/Third-Party-Charges-for-SMS-from-Content-Providers/ta-...

by asiah45 Member
on ‎14-11-2017 12:28 AM

Digi, 

Saya terima sms ini daripada  20000 pada  3/11/2017 .

RM0.00(excl.GST):Mocoplay.Success sub for RM5.00/wk.Auto renewal on 09.11.2017. Access http://my.mocoplay.com/signin Cancel http://tinyurl.com/ybd4m7jr

Sebaik saja saya sedar sms ini saya terus  menghubungi wakil digi menerusi Live Chat di aplikasi MyDigi.

Wakil digi tersebut memberitahu sudah cuba memberhentikan langganan servis  seperti sms di atas. Beliau juga memberitahu untuk menuntut kembali caj RM5 yang dikenakan pada saya.

Hari ini apabila saya menyemak jumlah bil terkini,  ternyata jumlah RM5 tersebut tetap dimasukkan ke dalam bil. Malah ianya dikira sekali dengan GST sebanyak RM0.30.

Saya telah dicaj untuk perkara yang saya tidak mahu.

Sila bertindak.

Regards.

by Nat19 Member
on ‎14-11-2017 05:49 PM

Hi Digi,

After terminate Gamestrike subsc

ription. Another ridiculous subscription  again without my permission.

What is this?  Im not interested in Hindi Channel. 

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-14 at 5.40.21 PM.jpeg

DIGI, pls do something.

TQ

by cyberchris Member
on ‎21-11-2017 02:05 PM

digi.jpegDigi, what is this? Why is it being charged in my bill? I didn't subscribe to anything.

by PeterJr Member
on ‎22-11-2017 03:51 PM

Hi,

I've been scammed by this 32266 "value added service". Got charged a total of RM12 (see attached image).

What should I do next ?

Thank you

32266_scam.png

by Valued Contributor
on ‎22-11-2017 11:28 PM

Hi PeterJr, kindly refer to our private message conversation. Thank you.

by nadiasaja Member
on ‎24-11-2017 10:37 AM

Please help me to unsubcribe or whatever from below listed no, they keep charging me without reason & I already call

DIgi helpline twice regarding this matter but it still keep charging me!!!

Tournament Game

VU CLIP

DOB for Fortumo

Please send me someone that can help, I don't want my bill become higher & higher everyday!!

by Support
on ‎25-11-2017 05:04 PM

Hi nadiasaja,  Please PM us via http://goo.gl/epyFn8 with your mobile number and full name so that we can assist you further. Thanks 

by Emef Member
on ‎29-11-2017 09:17 PM

Recently, my bill for this number was charged rm15.90 for unauthorized transaction. For SMS which I never subscribe. This number only used for modem for my house. As far as I concerned, Digi are not going to take responsibility for the unauthorized transaction. So, I requesting Digi to make my credit limit to minimum as possible. If possible, please make my credit limit set to RM0.00. I always paid my bill on time. I never use this number for calls, sms, etc. Just for internet connection only. So I not required for any credit limit at all. Thanks

by Support
on ‎01-12-2017 12:01 AM

Hi Emef, 

Sorry to inform you that there's not possible to reduce the credit limit to zero as all the postpaid plan have the minimum limit to be set. Please PM us via http://goo.gl/epyFn8 with your mobile number so that we can assist you further. Thanks 

by unknow Member
on ‎01-12-2017 03:33 AM

berkenaan sms spam curi duit org ni dia ak punya kemen,

haram jadah digi  ak dah bela hgpa bulan2 bayar  RM159 hgpa digi tabur paku pulak kat aku! puih!

by samsudin85 Member
on ‎13-12-2017 10:33 PM

Hi digi , 

Saya dah di caj dengan rm5 dari apa yang saya tak subscribe . 

Dia subscribe automaticly .

Bila call phone number available in the SMS . 

When i told them about the problem then they drop my call .

Tak sempat lagi nak cakap , untuk request "refund"

Apabila try to call balik . Dah tak dapat seolah number saya telah di block . 

Boleh bagitau macam mana cara untuk saya dapat Refund balik ? 

digi 1.png

by Support
on ‎14-12-2017 10:14 AM

samsudin85, mohon PM kami nombor telefon anda di <sini> untuk semakan mengenai servis third party ni. TQ.

by chirng Member
on ‎14-12-2017 10:15 AM

why digi allow so many 3rd parties simply add and charge the useless services on our account? can we take the legal action together against the thiefs? 

Seem like digi don't want to settle the additional charges on my account and trying to help the thiefs strealing my money from my account.... wtf

digi_71212_a.jpg

digi_71212_c.jpg

digi_71212_b.jpg

by Pamela Member
on ‎19-12-2017 08:27 PM

Dear DIGI, please kindly assist me to resolve this issue and also to refund the charges. I have called DIGI Helpline and was advised to contact "Mexcomm Sdn Bhd" for refund. I have also email to help@digi.com.my but nothing was mentioned about refund. I have never activated the Value Added Service based on my subscription service as replied by help@digi.com.my, it is unfair if I am billed and charged for services that I did not subscribe. Kindly help me process the refund of the unauthorized charges and open a report number for this case. Thank You! ...  I  am a DIGI Postpaid 48 subcriber, I was shocked when I received my November 2017 bill which was suddenly overcharged with an enormous amount. I carefully check through the bill and notice that RM4 was billed to me almost daily from 33228, and I am further shocked when I check through my previous bill that charges has been quietly billed since October 2017 without my knowledge. This is really unfair, I did not subscribe to any services via SMS or apps, neither have I clicked or accidentally clicked on any website advertisement, I am a victim of this scam, these are all fraud charges that has been billed just to squandel money. This Value Added Service victimize phone lines of innocent people who did not even do anything to activate it, its a random attack and something should be done to stop it and not just collect money from the bills on unauthorized charges. I have already sent "STOP ALL" to 33228, hopefully the service have already been terminated.

by googlan78 Member
on ‎29-12-2017 05:02 PM

hi digi.. i want my money back. take my money just like that.

Screenshot_2017-12-29-16-56-07.png

by vaggrippino Member
on ‎04-01-2018 10:06 PM

This thread was started more than a year ago and Digi still hasn't made a change. They either don't care or they're getting a kickback from these third-party content providers.

Well, I've been getting messages from Mocoplay. I never heard of them before I started getting these SMS text messages, but a web search reveals that fraud and theft is their business model.

Another Digi site claims that Mocoplay (and many others) has been blocked at least since 17-03-2017, but that's obviously  not true.

https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/STOP-ALL-unwanted-SMS-content-Here-s-How/...

I'm postpaid and, if my next bill has charges for services that I haven't agreed to, it will remain unpaid and I'll be switching providers.

The only way Digi will be motivated to take action on more than a case-by-case basis is if they lose business. 

by aass Member
on ‎10-01-2018 07:04 PM

just received another msg again from the Gameloft today, seems like it haven’t down yet. it’s 3 msgs (xRM5 ea) this time. It’s saying i’m renewing the subscription for 17/1/2018. seriously? i didn’t even click anything. the scam total since Dec now RM45 (9 x RM5) per text. 2 days ago i’ve called the Digihelpline, they said it’s been terminated but I still got the scam in my bills today (10/1/3018)6A66413C-D019-44CE-B4D5-E818AAB975C6.jpeg

by horleaks Member
on ‎15-01-2018 09:26 AM

I received sms from 20000 and says i subscribed gameloft and charged me RM5.00.

I check my recently open app.. nothing wrong.

Check my google play. no credit card added.

Check my sms. No confirmation sent to me before subscription.

I now STOP ALL to 20000, no answer yet.

by horleaks Member
on ‎15-01-2018 09:33 AM

received reply from 20000. but said that i unsubscribed from Viu???

What is Viu i dont even know.

by spinel Member
on ‎16-01-2018 08:04 PM

22200 charges me on weekly basis rm5. Already sent instruction to stop all, but still charge me. Pls rectify and refund. I

by suffian88 Member
on ‎20-01-2018 03:01 PM

HAI,

Untuk makluman saya  dicaj sebanyak 4.00  untuk  value added services  dari nombor 33980 pada bil bulanan.  setelah diperiksa pada bil,  ia muncul pada 14/1/2018. namun begitu setelah diperiksa  pada inbox mesej , saya tidak dapat apa-apa mesej  dari nombor  33980 pada hari tersebut. saya harap pihak DIGI dapat menyelesaikan  masalah ini. kerjasama dan maklumbalas  dari pihak  DIGI amat saya  hargai.

by Valued Contributor
on ‎20-01-2018 03:30 PM

Hi suffian88, kindly send us a private message <here> including your mobile number for further checking. Thank you.

by cik1224 Member
on ‎23-01-2018 05:15 PM

Kalau almost everymonth kena caj RM4 for value added service, KAYALAH DIGI...What is this charged for actually ? Can someone explain ? Is it because i bought GSC ticket or any rewards from mydigi Apps so that Digi charged me this ?Untitled.jpg

by Valued Contributor
on ‎23-01-2018 05:19 PM

Hi cik1224, kami telah membalaskan mesej anda, sila semak inbox mesej anda. Terima kasih.

by Zana1 Member
on ‎23-01-2018 05:51 PM

Saya pun kena cas dari third party yang paling kelakar digi cakap tak boleh detect. Tapi sebelum penah kol boleh plak detect. Mungkin aku  dapat cust service yg pemalas. Senang2 wat je reportkt skmm je.

by Support
on ‎23-01-2018 06:00 PM

Hi Zana1, mohon PM nombor telefon untuk semakan lanjut. Tq

by norhisham Member
on ‎06-02-2018 09:22 PM

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-06 at 15.16.21(1).jpeg

Langgan DIGI Ifinite 150 - sim kad dalam modem . macamana boleh subscribe kalau sim kad dalam modem .

Unbilled Amount (RM 5.00) telah dipaparkan di www.digi.com.my

by Lee_L33 Member
on ‎08-02-2018 01:48 PM

digibill.PNG

Digi,

I get autocharged by Mocoplay every week even I have send STOP ALL. I need refund.