1. What is Microsoft Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 allows customers to use all-new versions of Office virtually everywhere on all devices. You will get the full, installed Office experience on PCs, Macs, tablets (including iPad® and Android™ tablet) and phones. You will also get 1TB OneDrive storage so you can create and edit files and sync them automatically to your computer.
2. What is the package price and contract term to sign up?
Microsoft Office 365 is available at RM14.99/mth for Personal edition and RM19.99/mth for Home edition (Excl Tax). The subscription comes with a contract term of 12 months. Any termination or change of plan within the contract term will be subject to early termination charges (remaining balance of months due). Early Termination Charges are calculated by monthly fee x remaining contract period.
3. Who is eligible to subscribe to Microsoft Office 365?
Digi Broadband and Postpaid customers. Please refer https://www.digi.com.my/support/tnc/digi-live/apps-services/office-365 for full plan listing.
4. I am not a Digi customer, can I subscribe to Microsoft Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is only eligible for Digi customers. Please refer https://www.digi.com.my/support/tnc/digi-live/apps-services/office-365 for full plan listing.
5. How can I sign up for Microsoft Office 365?
Customers can sign up for Microsoft Office 365 at https://www.digi.com.my/lifestyle/work
6a. How will I be billed for the Microsoft Office 365 service?
Digi will bill you the monthly subscription directly through your monthly bill as Office 365.
6b. Turn off Recurring Billing in Microsoft Office 365 setup website.
Do turn off the Recurring Billing option while signing up, as Digi will already be billing you directly.
7. Can I add more than one Microsoft Office 365 subscription to my Fibre Broadband and/or mobile plans?
No, each customer is entitled to only one subscription of Home or Personal.
8. How do I download Microsoft Office 365 after signing up with Digi?
Once you have signed up for Microsoft Office 365 with Digi, you will receive an SMS and/or email with a redemption link to download Office application(s) on your pc/desktop/laptop. You may download the apps directly from iTunes or Google Play for the respective mobile platform.
9. Do I have to activate the product before using?
You will need to activate the product using the product key sent to you via SMS. Microsoft Office 365 has to be activated within 1 month upon receiving the activation code.
10. Do I need to register to download Microsoft Office 365?
Yes, you need to register prior to downloading Microsoft Office 365. Please visit https://setup.office.com/ to register.
11. What is a Microsoft account used for?
Your Microsoft account is the combination of an email address and password that you use to sign in to services like Hotmail, OneDrive, Windows Phone, Xbox LIVE, and Outlook.com. If you use any of these services, you already have a Microsoft account that you can use, or you can create a new account. You can use that same account to install and manage your Microsoft Office 365 software and subscription benefits, including OneDrive cloud storage.
12. When does my Microsoft Office 365 subscription start?
Billing for Microsoft Office 365 with Digi will commence after you have signed up for the service. You will be billed over a period of 12 months. Your Microsoft Office 365 subscription will start after you have activated the service and you will be able to use Office 365 for a period of 12 months after you have activated your service.
13. My previous subscription for Microsoft Office 365 is bought through other retail channels and subscription is ending. Can I still subscribe to Microsoft Office 365 through Digi?
Yes. You can subscribe Microsoft Office 365 even if you are already covered by another subscription. An additional 12 months of subscription will be added upon successful activation to your registered Microsoft account.
14. Can I change my subscription from Microsoft Office 365 Personal to Microsoft Office 365 Home after signing up with Digi?
No, You would need to terminate your existing Personal subscription and purchase Home subscription. Early termination charges for the Personal subscription apply.
15. Will there be notification when the subscription is about the end?
Yes, you will receive notifications from Digi prior to your subscription renewal.
16. What will happen after the 12 month subscription has ended?
If your subscription expires, the Microsoft Office applications will enter into a read-only mode, which means you will not be able edit or create new documents. To continue enjoying full features and functions of Microsoft Office 365, you will need to renew your subscription.
17. How do I renew my Microsoft Office 365 Home or Personal subscription?
You will receive notifications prior to your billing end date to inform you on the renewal process.
18. What will happen if I renew early?
When you renew your subscription prior to the contract expiring, the new 12 months subscription will be added on top of your existing subscription. For example, if you renew with 2 months left on the subscription, 12 months will be added and your subscription will not need to be renewed for another 14 months.
19. Can I transfer my ownership for Office 365?
We do not allow transfer of ownership. Early termination charges of the remaining months apply.
20. Can I temporarily suspend my subscription?
No, temporary suspension of subscriptions is not allowed for Microsoft Office 365. Early termination charges of the remaining months apply.
21. What’s the difference between Microsoft Office 365 Home and Personal?
Microsoft Office 365 Personal is best suited for individuals who want Office on 1 PC/ MAC, 1 tablet, and 1 smartphone. Microsoft Office 365 Home allows for up to 5 users with installation on 5 PCs/MACs, 5 tablets and 5 Smartphones. Office 365 Home subscribers will also each get an additional 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage, for each user.
22. What is OneDrive and how much storage do I get with Microsoft Office 365 Home and Personal subscription?
OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service which allows you to easily access and share documents, photos, and more from any device and even work together on real Office documents. Personal edition subscription will receive 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage per user while Home edition subscription will receive 1TB per user for up to 5 users in the household.
23. What happens to the files I stored in OneDrive if my subscription expires?
If you cancel your subscription or if it expires, you can still access and download all your files by signing in to OneDrive directly using the Microsoft account you used to set up Office 365. You do lose the additional storage that comes with your subscription, so you must save your files elsewhere or buy more OneDrive storage if your OneDrive account exceeds the free storage quota.
24. What happens to my OneDrive storage after my Office 365 subscription has expired?
Your OneDrive storage limit will be reverted to 5GB. You have a grace period of 90 days to access and relocate your files that exceed 5GB. After the grace period of 90 days, your files in excess of 5GB will be frozen and you would not be able to access them. To resume access to your files, you would need to renew your Microsoft Office 365 subscription.
25. Is Internet access required for Microsoft Office 365?
You are able to work offline on your Microsoft Office 365 applications. However, Internet access is required to manage your subscription account, for example to install Microsoft Office 365 on other devices or to change billing options. Internet access is also required to access documents stored on OneDrive. You should also connect to the Internet regularly to keep the version up to date and get automatic upgrades.
26. Will Microsoft Office 365 be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
No. The applications are tailored to work best on each platform and device, and application availability and features vary by platform and device. For more information, visit www.office.com/information.
27. What happens to the mobile application if I changed my phone but retained the same mobile number or changed number?
Customers will be able to continue their subscription if they download the Office app on their new phone and sign in using the same Microsoft account they signed up with.
28. When I change from iOS to Android or vice versa, can the same subscription work on the new device?
Yes, the subscription will still work on your new device. You will need to download the Microsoft Office 365 App on your new phone by signing into the same Microsoft Office account that you signed up with. However, Microsoft Office 365 Personal edition subscription license is for 1 tablet and 1 phone. It will work only on 1 mobile device and 1 tablet regardless of operating system.
29. What are the minimum Hardware requirements?
Microsoft Office 365 supports Android KitKat 4.4 or later version and have an ARM-based or Intel x86 processor, iOS 8.0 or later and PC/MAC requirements as follows: Computer and processor PC: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set. Mac: Intel processor Memory PC: 2 GB RAM Mac: 4 GB RAM Hard disk PC: 3.0 GB of available disk space Mac: 6 GB of available disk space. HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
30. What are the minimum Display and Operating System requirements?
Display PC: 1024 x 768 screen resolution Mac: 1280 x 800 screen resolution Operating System PC: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2 Mac: Mac OS X 10.10 or later For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system. .NET version PC: .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0, 4.5, or 4.6 CLR to also be installed.
31. What are the Office applications available for each OS platform?
Operating System Windows OS available for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access Mac available for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Outlook
32. How do I find out how much time I have left on my current subscription?
Sign in to https://www.office.com/ to check on the period you have left on your subscription.
You may also SMS OFFICE BALANCE to 20000
33. How do I stop my Office 365 Subscription?
You may SMS STOP OFFICE to 20000. Any termination within the contract term will be subject to early termination charges (remaining balance of months due). Early Termination Charges are calculated by monthly fee x remaining contract period.
34. Where do I get additional help with activation of Office?
For assistance on downloading, installing, or activating Office, please visit https://support.office.com/.
35. Where do I get additional help with regards to the software?
For assistance with regards to product issues, please visit https://support.office.com/.