Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Important announcement about Capture app

by Community Manager on ‎08-11-2017 10:50 AM - edited on ‎04-12-2017 01:44 PM by Community Manager

Hi everyone!

Screenshot_13.png

We have changed our service offerings as part of an overall product review, and will no longer offer Capture service to new customers effective 1 Nov 2017. Existing customers who have yet to activate the free bonus 30GB or 100GB that were offered in the past, will not be able to enjoy the bonus storage either.

Existing Capture users who have activated their free bonus storage of 30GB or 100GB, will not be able to use them from 10 Jan 2018 onwards. This means any users who are using more than the free basic 2GB of storage space can no longer upload any new photos and videos. Users are encouraged to find alternative storage service (such as your PC or cloud storage service like Google Photos, Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive.) and move all their stored photos and videos to the new service as soon as possible before 10 Jan 2018. The storage service will be officially discontinued in Malaysia on 1 Mar 2018. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Here’s how to retrieve your photos and videos from Capture.

1.Visit https://takeout.capture-app.com from the browser of your PC/Mac or smartphone.

Screenshot_2.png

2. Login with the mobile number or email address which you have used for Capture.

Screenshot_12.png

3. Confirm or update your email address. This email address will be used for Capture to send the link(s) for you to download the stored photos and videos on Capture.

Screenshot_7.png

4. Complete the step, and then check your inbox for an email from Capture. This may take a while depending on how many photos and videos you have.

Screenshot_9.png

5. Download the zipped file(s) containing your stored photos and videos on Capture. The files will be available for you for 14 days. We recommend using a PC/Mac to do this.

Screenshot_11.png

Comments
by philippecr SuperUser
on ‎08-11-2017 11:14 PM

WOW....

The photo & video backup with unlimited data transfer offered from CAPTURE app is really good so far. I'm surprised that Digi decided to discontinued it without any replacment.

This is a total bummer....  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

by Allanttw Member
on ‎23-11-2017 09:51 AM

This is a total disappointment.  Capture is great. I once had my memory card become faulty. But Thank God for Capture, I never lost any of my photo or video. 

Capture is one of the reason I stay on with Digi. But looks like now there is nothing to tie me down to Digi. 

by Dissapointed Member
on ‎15-12-2017 03:49 PM

Pure disapointment for me tooooo. One of the main thing that differentiate Digi from the other telco. Please please bring this back..........

by alongterrace Member
on ‎25-03-2018 12:27 AM

please get back my pictures at capture