Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MiFi or Cheap Android Device for Tethering? Suggestion Please

Community Manager

With the influx of inexpensive but quality phone, such as Xiaomi and Huawei, would it be a wiser choice to buy one of those Android phone as full-time tethering phone? LTE MiFi devices are costing at least 200+ from online market.

Any suggestion of Android device for tethering use? The candidate should have good battery life, replaceable battery (since it is stressed, battery may need replacements), good signal and LTE capable.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Re: MiFi or Cheap Android Device for Tethering? Suggestion Please

SuperUser

I would prefer a 4G LTE Mifi device, supports more bands(depends one models), and it is made specially for the task. 

--------
I'm a Potato. If you're too, hit the "This is helpful" button for no reason pls? :-3

SuperUser

I just use whatever spare phone I have. Smiley Very Happy 

Used phones are cheap, again it depends on how fast you want.

Community Manager

How many hours does your phone last for pure tethering use?

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Contributor

@MrOctopusK

i am using Aztech LTE mifi. Can last about 9 hour for LTE. i try to use smartphone as hotspot before but not so stable unless you just want to connect one device only.

If you plan to use on multiple device, i will suggest you use mifi as connection more stable.

SuperUser

I think that also depends on the phone?

So far my experience on using Phone as hotspot works fine.

I recently got my hands on a D-Link Mi-Fi device that runs on USB power, too bad it's not 4G LTE. 

Highlighted

Bought an cheap Alcatel OneTouch phone - initially as a backup phone. Now it serves as a full-time WiFi hotspot. 

It's on HSPA only, but doesn't matter since I don't get LTE in my housing area (yet).

Community Manager

How long does your Alcatel battery last for non stop wifi tethering?