Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Huawei P20 Pro - Triple the Fun?

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

huaweip20pro-header.jpg

Huawei P20 Pro - Triple the Fun? 

Being one of the Huawei’s P series smartphone, a series pioneer in smartphone photography.  Huawei P20 Pro brings us the game changer – Triple Camera system, co-engineered with LEICA, immediately grabbing the No. 1 spot, score at 109 in DxOMark.  

Some samples out of the camera. 

Sample Photo - Digi D'House - First Photo shoot with Huawei P20 Pro with Master AI (Blue Sky Mode)

Sample Photo - Night Mode (Handheld Long Exposure) Pasar Malam at Sri Petaling

Conclusion

The Huawei P20 Pro is certainly not a perfect phone, but the beautiful design, quality build, cleaner user interface and the triple camera system does offer an excellent photography experience, for once I don't mind taking the phone out at night for pictures, taking night shoots.

Again, special thanks to Digi Telecommunication and Digizens who made this review possible. Many thanks. Smiley Wink

Larger photos at the full atticle below. 

http://phil.my/blog/2018/05/huawei-p20-pro-triple-fun 

--------
I'm a Potato. If you're too, hit the "This is helpful" button for no reason pls? :-3
Highlighted

Re: Huawei P20 Pro - Triple the Fun?

Community Manager

I am amazed by the night market photo. Looks very sharp despite being handheld.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

so far, the night shots with the P20 pro is really impressive. 

i just wish Huawei placed the fingerrpint sensor at the back and included microSD support. 128GB is still a lot, but well, i always want more. hahaha...

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

@mydragoon The reasoning Huawei put the fingerprint sensor in front, it actually serves a 2nd purpose, it moves the nagivation buttons off-screen, gives user more usable screen space. 

--------
I'm a Potato. If you're too, hit the "This is helpful" button for no reason pls? :-3

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

@MrOctopusK @mydragoon

I have these photo comparison, which the subject isn't interesting, but it's able to show how good is the night mode with the Huawei P20 Pro.  

It's shoot inside a house roof(climbed into one for one of my project), it's quite dark inside, sunlight barely able to shine in, but here are the results. 

Normal Mode Shoot 

Handshakes are unavoidable, the phone actually tried its best to clean up the shot, result in blob of painting-like colours,  lack of details in many places.  What detail missing? next picture will show a clearer picture. *pun not intended Smiley Wink

Night Mode Shoot

Not an award winning night shoot, but it has way more details, notice ALL the metal nets at the bottom?  they are very recognizable now, cleaner overall too. 

--------

SuperUser

@philippecr wrote:

@mydragoon The reasoning Huawei put the fingerprint sensor in front, it actually serves a 2nd purpose, it moves the nagivation buttons off-screen, gives user more usable screen space. 

they could just build in navigation into the touch screen. many gestures can be implemented but sadly, Androids are not really maximising this... like two finger gesture, 3 finger gesture, etc...

plus, with the sensor at the back... you can also have the gestures. like how you can swipe down on the read fingerprint sensor found on P9 to pull down notification, etc...

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

SuperUser

@MrOctopusK wrote:

I am amazed by the night market photo. Looks very sharp despite being handheld.

+1 

If you could share more night shots here, I bet many would enjoy watching it! This phone is kind of underrated by those  Youtube reviewers, many of which just mention about the Auto Mode, and not the awesome handheld night mode.

What do you meant that the Huawei P20 Pro is certainly not a perfect phone?

Or, Which or what are your definations as perfect phone?

SuperUser

@siangboon 

I know a perfect phone that suits everyone doesn't exist, so the sentense is there to mean "It's a good phone, but it might not be for everyone".  Smiley Wink 

My 2cents complain about this phone is the medicore 4K video shooting quality, missing the  convinient 3.5mm audio jack, and the unnecessary screen notch.

--------

SuperUser

huawei p20 pro twilight

So the Twilight that everybody is waiting for, has arrived.Smiley Very Happy, still need more convincing? 

--------