Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How about to replace under contract phone damaged?

My device cracked accidentally and still under contract. It is still having 18months left before contract ends.

Can I get the same phone/model by overwriting current contract? 

What is the correct procedure to follow.

Please help. I  love my phone...

Re: How about to replace under contract phone damaged?

Community Manager

Hi @al-fijoe, sorry to hear that your phone cracked. 

There are two ways to go around this, but they both incur additional cost to you.=(

1. Terminate current contract with penalty and purchase a new phone with contract again. This is only applicable if you're not using EPP. If you are using EPP, your phone and monthly bill have been charged to your bank from start; buying a new phone again will be similar to next item, but your current number is maintained.

2. Obtain another number and sign a phone contract again. However you would still be paying on your existing phone contract at the same time.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.