Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

2019 smartphones -- what do you want from your phone?

SuperUser

It's already a new year.  We bury the 2018 smartphone thread and start a new one for 2019!

Last year started with phones going notch. Towards end of the year, we saw new ideas -- slides and also cut-outs! So, what do you think it's going to be this year? Notch? Slide? CutOut? Or, you still prefer the traditional bezel  and full display?

But one thing for sure... Cameras are getting better. And more too! We've seen up to four cameras on  a phone!  Let's not forget, they are getting bigger too. Is that good or bad? Do you like to use camera on the phone? Which one do you use more? Front camera or rear camera?

And do share... What do you think will be the best phone for 2019? Huawei? Samsung? Honor? HTC (lolz)? LG (bwahahaha)? OnePlus? iPhone? Blackberry? Razer? Xiaomi?

I feel Huawei is going to be  strong as well this year with it's P series coming soon and then Mate series at year end.

Personally, I kinda like the idea of Honor Magic 2 -- the slider concept looks cool. 

The next OnePlus is expected to be an even faster phone. It terms of raw power, we can expect it to be one of the best. And probably it will have one of the worst cameras... <-- sad but true.

Samsung will be something interesting. In the last 2 years or so, their perfomance in terms of power and camera have dropped, overtaken by companies like Huawei. But that is also good news for us coz that's probably why Samsung Note 9 was very attractively priced. 

As for iPhone... There are rumours going around right now... That it might have 3 cameras... oddly arranged within a square camera bump. 

Let's wait and see..

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Re: 2019 smartphones -- what do you want from your phone?

Community Manager

I'm a simple guy, I hope for Android phones that are more power efficient. Camera for still photos are generally good already, but many manufacturers have to improve on video quality. Small things like video tearing, lack of good OIS/EIS and poor microphone can spoil a video.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

@MrOctopusK wrote:

I'm a simple guy, I hope for Android phones that are more power efficient. Camera for still photos are generally good already, but many manufacturers have to improve on video quality. Small things like video tearing, lack of good OIS/EIS and poor microphone can spoil a video.

i dunno about you, but for me... if phone can last till end of day. that's good enough. coz i like to just charge phone at night. i dun wanna have to wait for phone to be at certain battery % before charging... coz that could mean anytime.

as for camera to take still photos... i have to say.. mixed bag. some can't even take decent daylight photos properly. then there's the low light shots. 

but ya... still, good if we can get improvements at all levels.

i'd love to see the Honor Magic 2 phone make its way to Malaysia. as soon as possible. having said that, the slider mechanism on this phone might not make it idea for streaming games (and showing my face in stream).

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Community Manager
I am yet to be convinced by slider mechanism to be honest. I know it isn't a popular opinion, phones need to last longer than a year although we like to keep changing them. Phones also should remain serviceable, I wish.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

@MrOctopusK wrote:
I am yet to be convinced by slider mechanism to be honest. I know it isn't a popular opinion, phones need to last longer than a year although we like to keep changing them. Phones also should remain serviceable, I wish.

same here about the slider and also serviceable,

i wish phones were like before... can replace battery, etc... 

Top Kudoed Authors

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers