Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: 2018 smartphones - Looking forward to it?

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

this year, we've had plenty of mid range devices dominating the market... just look at the Huawei and honor models that gets released almost every week... 

there are also midrange devices from other brands like Samsung A6+ and also Vivo X21 (though this one is more a flagship)

then we have also the niche segment... the gamers. we've seen some gaming phones being released like Asus ROG phone and Xiaomi's Blackshark.

and of course we have the annual flagships. and this time around... Note 9. so, who's getting it? 

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

SuperUser

note 9 started selling recently and for preoders via Digi, there was also another Samsung A6+ thrown in.

one thing that seems interesting with Note 9 is the Dex. seems we can connect the phone to any monitor with a USB-C to HDMI cable. but i do wonder what is the limitation. else, i think we can use the Note9 to watch videos, play games on big screen, etc...

on the budget side... there is a Pocophone coming soon to Malaysia. Pocophone is a subbrand by Xiaomi and the first phone will have Snapdragon 845 processor at a shocking price of rm1.2k (or so).

did anyone get a new phone this year? care to share what you bought?

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.
Highlighted

SuperUser

how about iPhones...? XS? XS Max? XR?

looking forward to these? Smiley Wink

iPhone is falling, don't get them. There are more faster phone in the market. Like Xiaomi Blackshark, Rog phone etc.

SuperUser

@HyperZetflix wrote:
iPhone is falling, don't get them. There are more faster phone in the market. Like Xiaomi Blackshark, Rog phone etc.

i guess... this one really depends. i have many friends who still love iPhones. they have everything within the Apple ecosystem. even if they wanna leave, can't coz it would mean losing everything. 

SuperUser

verge_mate20Pro.PNG

The Verge is implying that the Mate 20 Pro is the best phone around (i guess this is always subjective)... It won't be selling in America anytime soon. but we know it is coming to Malaysia. 

are you guys excited about this? 

for me, i have grown to like Huawei phones. i like phones with really good cameras and since Huawei P9, they have been doing great when it comes to cameras. 

we're almost at the end of the year. which phone do you think is the best phone around? 

also see:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/24/18008780/huawei-mate-20-pro-review-kirin-980-processor-triple-le...

SuperUser

played with both Mate 20 pro and Note 9 recently and i have to say... note 9 is underwhelming. nothing really great. 

camera is only so-so. nothing outstanding.  it is heavier than mate 20 pro. 

only thing... the s-pen... still a better way to write stuff on screen instead of using out "fat" fingers.. Smiley Happy

SuperUser

seems like #notch is just a 2018 fad. 2019... we can expect to see cutout instead, where there's a camera cut-out on the screen for the camera.

but... there is also another interesting concept that a few manufacturers are exploring -- slider.

the one that interest me is the honor Magic 2. it looks really interested. comes with AMOLED screen. and well... 6 cameras..

it's just only launched in China (in November). so it will probably take a few months before reaching other parts of the world. right now, there is not a lot of reviews on it yet.but i managed to find a few interesting videos about the phone...

Community Manager

Lol! Is that a way to prove that the slider mechanism is reliable? Opening and closing rapidly with tapping on table to make a rhythm? Smiley Surprised

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

@MrOctopusK wrote:

Lol! Is that a way to prove that the slider mechanism is reliable? Opening and closing rapidly with tapping on table to make a rhythm? Smiley Surprised

that seems to be the case. somehow, i have confidence the slider mechanism is good for this Magic 2.