Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No LTE after iOS 10 update

Hi,

I updated my iPhone SE to iOS 10 yesterday. Previously my phone showed LTE in most of the area in town. Unfortunately, after the iOS update, i never see LTE logo until now. Only 4G. Do I need to re-configure carrier settings to get back the LTE? Thanks.

Re: No LTE after iOS 10 update

Community Manager
LTE is 4G, perhaps Apple decides to change the logo, that's it.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

hello.. i'm experiencing the same issue after updated my iphone 6s to ios 10. i know u had responded y saying that maybe apple have decided to change the logo from lte to 4g. the thing is apple did not, lte is faster than 4g. maybe u should check your network setting again. 

[ Edited ]
Super Contributor

@hafizhusaini, in technical LTE and 4G are different, but at logo wise, LTE and 4G has no diff.

Please find more device to test it out to verify yourself.

Diff phone, diff logo shown, same tower same LTE phone capabilities for LTE cat and test it.

Nope, this doesnot solve the your issue.

Find an iphone same model with yours  but  older ios and test it together with your LATEST ios 10.

Only this can prove that it is digi issue or no.

Highlighted

SuperUser

Different brand of devices and software will display the signal icon differently but the speed wise will still be the same. For example my previous Z1 compact before a specific software update it shows 4G, later on only shows as LTE (speed remains the same, just icon difference.) You could run speedtest with the same device and will no see any difference at all 

___
Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up.If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster! Meow De Ge So!

Hi.

I do understand that logo wise LTe and 4G is no different. But after carrier update, voice over LTe settings is gone, so is LTe options.

Is the carrier update limits the features of IOS 10?

Hi.

I do understand that logo wise LTe and 4G is no different. But after carrier update, voice over LTe settings is gone, so is LTe options.

Is the carrier update limits the features of IOS 10?

Community Manager

As of time of writing, Digi does not provide VoLTE yet. Hence I believe nothing is being limited, but perhaps more accurately represented.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Recently I got SMS from digi to send lte to 20000 to check whether lte is supported. It stated my phone is not supported while it does as I'm using iPhone 6s.

Support

Hi chew118, Please ignore the message due to there's an error from the device detection. Our apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. TQ 

Top Kudoed Authors

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers