Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Charging of Roaming fees when i dont even pick up the call at all

Hi,

Does anyone know that is this the practice it should be for DIGI?

I'm at SG, then my Digi phone will auto switch to Starhub, and when i get miss call from Msia line,i never pick up the call. The ringing stop later. Then i receive a sms message from 2901 said that i have been charges for roaming fees of RM1.40 for each miss call.

Can i know why? I thougth we will only get charge if we pick up the call?

Highlighted

Re: Charging of Roaming fees when i dont even pick up the call at all

Super Contributor

you are charged because perhaps your voicemail and miss call alert/notification is active. after a while if not anwered, call may be routed to this, so you are charged.

better de-activate all these before you go overseas again.  i have deactivate all these years ago,  so no problem for me.

How do we deactivate miss call alert/notification?

I wanted to receive call, but i will decide which are important that i wiling to pay roaming fees to answer.

Community Manager

@Joon, use *128# menu to activate/deactivate your voicemail options. fadly0416 is right about voicemail call diversion which will cost money when roaming. 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

I dialled *128# but it didn't give me the option to deactivate voice mail notification. Is there another number?

Support

Hi daveychaney.  Please try below command. Hope it helps.

*128# >> Digi Rewards & Services >> Voicemail >> Deactivate Voicemail

Hope it helps. Please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR click on "Accept as Solution" from Options menu above to help others find their answers faster! Have a nice day!
Top Kudoed Authors

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers