Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

why no reward for postpaid

Super Contributor

why prepaid got free sms/call, free car, motorbike, free tv/cash  when reload. but nothing for postapid all these years?

Re: why no reward for postpaid

totally agree with you.

I have been digi postpaid customer since 2001.

The reward for Postpaid is Bonuslink, but it is subject to the postpaid plan that you subscribed. 

SuperUser

fadly0416 wrote:

why prepaid got free sms/call, free car, motorbike, free tv/cash  when reload. but nothing for postapid all these years?

one reason I think is because post paids are well... debts.

we use the service first (no doubt some may have paid deposit), then pay later. to a company that needs to make money, this is not a very good pool of customer.

prepaid customers on the other hand, give money to Digi first. then use. this money upfront allows Digi to have better cashflow and they could do many things with it.  even putting in FD can probably earn 3% or more. so naturally, this is where companies would prefer to focus on.

risk is also less with prepaid. with prepaid, some users may forget to use up all their credits. and they can't use the service once they finish credits. postpaid... some users do "run away", causing loss for the company.

i used to ask myself as well... why postpaid users are like step child. but after looking at it from company's point of view... i can see why. for me... as long as i am happy with what i paid for and what i get, the rest (like bonuslink points, etc) is all considered "bonus". but yes, would be nice if there could be some way to recognise loyal customers -- perhaps like some special member card + privilege (special movie day, priority queue, etc).

after all, usually postpaid users are the loyal ones. they usually stay around longer and are less likely to change providers. while this group is the "debt", they are also usually the ones that provide steady stream of income for company (when they pay up). Smiley Happy

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Super Contributor

why 'debts, if we are not paying, line will be terminated.

pay for service, but service provided is horrible nowadays, digi no longer maintain the level of good service during the old day when yellow man is allowed.

staff simply answer, dont know anything, said like you have to pay all gst to digi, even u r roaming and those exempts.

sms to user said abt the promotion, but when call in to Cs to activate customer dont know anything.

ask why no more rebate, Cs will tell u company change the policy already. last year changed. but asked for details, why, when? why never inform user/ said, this is company policy....

registered credit card for payment. but cannot use. back end office call back to confirm, said, all details is gone. but funny, had used the service for few times, but details is missing..why? they cannot answer.....

this is how digi treat postpaid user nowadays.....

Super Contributor

prepaid dont top up, still can use up to 75 - 90 days..

if postpaid, can you still use after so many days.?...reward more or less is fine, as long as you give it sincerely, and all the process is inplace, otherwise why so much heachache for user...to suffer...

SuperUser

fadly0416 wrote:

why 'debts, if we are not paying, line will be terminated.

yes, line will be terminated. but remember... the person could have just run away and digi would have lost money. i have heard of cases where the person used up like a few hundred and then just "disappeared". postpaid is a risk for Digi (and other Telco).

but yes, it would be nice if Digi and be different and start to pay attention to postpaid users. most postpaid ppl are good ppl. and sadly, as you said, these users don't get that much rewards for being loyal.

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Super Contributor

true, no doubt or in any biz, people can run away, dont want to pay, and yet see him/her happily enjoy life..

but in each telco, for their customer, each profile's risk is limited, as there is credit limit imposed on each account.

if theere is loop hole, that is digi's process problem.

Community Manager

Now that Digi has a cheaper new Smartplan for postpaid users, does that translate into rewards? Cheaper (if not free) call rates, something that prepaid can't beat.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.
Highlighted

Super Contributor

this is for now only, certain plan only..we got to spend hundren of rm to get that...but prepaid top up straight away got free internet, free call, free sms, birthday BONUS - postpaid never has it...prepaid every year, participate in contest, to get cash, , car, motorbike..what has you given to reward postpaid? now we are talking about rewards, not your plan..

if you said yr plan is good, just present us a cost and spending analysis here, then we know...

prepaid can go anytime, postpaid user can be spending thousand of dollar...and yet stay with you for years, what did you rewards us that is really will let postapid user feel...."woo" i got this from digi, this is amanzing......name the example,, if you has . .   .

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers