Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

THE CREATION FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY CHARGES

[ Edited ]

DIGI, YOU ARE THE CREATION AND WELCOME THIS HAPPENS TO YOUR CLIENTS/SUBSCRIBERS!!

Dear all,

I believed that we have been fooled by Digi helpers unless these staff claimed that they were innocent and not aware Digi do provide a services so-called Digi Content Provider Access (‘Digi CPA’). Once a new company registered as Content Provider, they allow accessing us and thereafter we will become their clients by one fine click on whatsoever pop-up window from the moment you are reading a shared page/post from Facebook (most common) through smart phone. You lead them to us!!

I received more than 30 push SMS for the past 10 months (recorded in new phone and I truly have no idea how much do I received in my old smart phones for the past 2 years) from WAP PUSH MESSAGE, one of your Digi CPA services. Each SMS charged me RM 4.00. FYI, I am prepaid user and been experienced few Ringgit Malaysia deducted right after I top up. A simple calculation will know how frustrated I am now!!

Based on CPA WAP Terms and Conditions (Ref:2014_12_01), you give Content Provider rights to charge us and the revenue share per SMS collected by them will be shared at rate 55% goes to them and 45% to Digi. Any complains, you point the finger and categorize it as Unauthorized third party charges and told us, this is out of your control. We, the victims can only make call to Digi Helpline or been suggested to send ‘STOP’ SMS to the provider. Refer to your T&C to them, Registration/Reminder/Renewal/Termination will all be managed by Digi. Aren’t you having more constructive solution instead of ask us to send ‘STOP’ SMS individually? YOU SHOULD TERMINATE THEM, NOT US!!

FYI, I called your helpline 6 times for the same issue and logged 2 complaint report officially. Here is my CASE ID: CAS-143952-T7Q6 and CAS-508602-Y1N8. It does not work. Despite I request helpline to stop all, the push message still send to me and charge me as usual.

DIGI, I hope you could understand our situation. It is a great disappointment if you still finger pointing to other party.

Thank you.

‘Your 10 years++ loyalty customer’

Highlighted

Re: THE CREATION FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY CHARGES

Super Contributor

this is great message to digi.

digi is not listing to us, especially those supporting digi from small player to  where are they today.

i face the same problem previoously, and digi cS cant give answer, i eventually demand for the service provider of those service, and they refuse to admit also, until i said if they dont resolve it by **bleep** , i will lodge a report to MCMC, only someone  call back, settle the issues, and refund for all the charges, as i am postpaid user, i got higher credit limit, as such kena charge for  almost 200+within 2 month's billing.  this kind of content charges happen to all telco.

if stop all is not work, suggest u call the service provider of those content, it is more effective then via digi. no doubt, digi has the revenue sharing, but nowardys, the CS just never think, like a machine, copy and paste standard answer to subscriber only.

no more proactive action, no rewards to subscriber? why icecream only? this is fun, but not eveyone will enjoy it.

like maxis give free phone, without contract to loyal customer.

like us, paying few hundred a month, what rewards do  you give us digi? for the fees been paying for more than past 10 years, i can buy a mid-low cost apartment already.......we are not asking to digi to match, but something will make us always remember, and proud of it as your  user, not  the one hate of your service!

I eventually managed to be answered by Digi Helpline and report the issue on 16/2/2017 with case ID: CAS-868831-S9Y9. The staff, Ram helped to file a complaint for me and told me expect a follow-up call within 24 hours. To-date (21/2/2017), I have not receive any feedback or call of since when the 36022 charged me, total amount been billed by 36022, total refund Digi made (Account Adjust-RM 56.00 + RM 8.00 + if any ) and balance yet refund to my account. FYI, after numerous calls, i been told that 36022 is belongs to a company namely HyperQB. I am looking forward to your(DIGI) favorable reply ASAP.

I am one of these  victim too. Every month have to pay for extra Rm30++ for this unknown subscription since last December. Even though i have call Digi Helpline and ask them to refund but they never call me back after i have file a complaint with case no. provided by them.  

Community Manager

MissCcy wrote:

I am one of these  victim too. Every month have to pay for extra Rm30++ for this unknown subscription since last December. Even though i have call Digi Helpline and ask them to refund but they never call me back after i have file a complaint with case no. provided by them.  

Can you PM your case ID to our support for follow up? 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers