Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Sharing now with Digi Postpaid: All you need to know!

by whysee SuperUser on ‎04-05-2016 02:48 PM - edited on ‎29-05-2017 12:01 AM by Marshie SuperUser

Now, you can share the love of Internet with your friends and family!

With the new Internet Sharing plan, principal  lines can now share and allocate their quota with up to 6 supplementary lines. 

Have some questions about Internet Sharing? Read our FAQs below:

What is Internet Sharing?

Now you can share any amount of Internet quota from your Digi Postpaid plan with your Supplementary lines.

Who can sign up for Internet Sharing?

All Postpaid customers (excluding corporate lines) can sign up inclusive of new registrations, port-ins, Prepaid to Postpaid conversion, and existing Digi customers change of plan from non-contractual plan on a Principal line. Each Principal line can sign up to a maximum of six (6) Supplementary lines.

Do I need to subscribe to Internet Sharing on both my Principal line and Supplementary lines?

No, only Principal line is required to subscribe to Internet Sharing.

Which plans are eligible for Internet Sharing?

All sign ups on Digi Postpaid plans, both More Internet and More Calls & SMS as are eligible to subscribe for Internet Sharing.

Do I get to enjoy Internet Sharing automatically?

After signing up on the eligible rate plan, you will need to subscribe to Internet Sharing. Walk into our Digi Stores to subscribe.

Is there a charge for Internet Sharing subscription?

Just add on an additional fee every month to start sharing Internet quota with your Supplementary lines, as below:

Rate Plan

Monthly Charge

Rate Plan

Monthly Charge

More Internet

More Calls & SMS

Digi Postpaid 28

+RM10/every month

Digi Postpaid 28

+RM20/every month

Digi Postpaid 48

Digi Postpaid 48

Digi Postpaid 68

Digi Postpaid 68

+RM10/every month

Digi Postpaid 98

Digi Postpaid 78

Digi Postpaid 148

Digi Postpaid 98

Digi Postpaid 238

Digi Postpaid 148

Digi Postpaid 238

Do I get any additional offer when I subscribe to Internet Sharing with Digi Postpaid 28 or Digi Postpaid 48 More Calls & SMS?

For Digi Postpaid 28 and Digi Postpaid 48 More Calls & SMS, once subscribed to Internet Sharing, you will also get to enjoy Unlimited Calls to all networks.

How does the Unlimited Calls under Digi Postpaid 28 and Digi Postpaid 48 More Calls & SMS with Internet Sharing subscription work?

Once subscribed to Internet Sharing, every day you get to enjoy Unlimited voice calls to both on-net and off-net numbers i.e. all mobile calls to Digi or other mobile operators including fixed lines (excludes video calls, special numbers and toll-free 1-300/1-800 number calls). The Unlimited calls are applicable for domestic usage only i.e. within Malaysia network.

Are the Unlimited calls under Digi Postpaid 28 and Digi Postpaid 48 More Calls & SMS with Internet Sharing subscription limited to calls to my Supplementary lines only?

The Unlimited calls is applicable to all networks, both on-net and off-net numbers.

I subscribed to Internet Sharing under Digi Postpaid 48 More Calls & SMS. I have decided to unsubscribe to Internet Sharing the next month. Will I still get to enjoy Unlimited calls under my Digi Postpaid 48 More Calls & SMS plan?

Unlimited calls with Digi Postpaid 48 More Calls & SMS only apply when you are subscribed to Internet Sharing. Once Internet Sharing subscription is terminated, the plan offer will revert back to the original offer of 100mins to all network and Unlimited calls & SMS to 3 Digi Friends.

I subscribed to Internet Sharing under Digi Postpaid 78 More Calls & SMS. What are the monthly fees that I have to pay?

The monthly fee for Digi Postpaid 78 More Calls & SMS is RM78, while Internet Sharing subscription is RM10. Total monthly fee is RM88 (RM78+RM10).

I signed up on the eligible rate plans and subscribed to Internet Sharing. How much Internet quota can I share with my Supplementary lines?

You can share up to the total amount of your bundled Internet quota with your Supplementary lines. Based on your rate plan subscription, the total amount of Internet quota you can share will differ.

Rate Plan

Quota for Sharing

Rate Plan

Quota for Sharing

More Internet

More Calls & SMS

Digi Postpaid 28

1GB

Digi Postpaid 28

500MB

Digi Postpaid 48

2GB 3GB

Digi Postpaid 48

1GB

Digi Postpaid 68

4GB 6GB

Digi Postpaid 68

2GB 3GB

Digi Postpaid 98

8GB 10GB

Digi Postpaid 78

4GB 7GB

Digi Postpaid 148

12GB 14GB

Digi Postpaid 98

4GB 7GB

Digi Postpaid 238

20GB 30GB

Digi Postpaid 148

9GB 10GB

Digi Postpaid 238

13GB 25GB

Example: You signed up for Digi Postpaid 148 More Internet with 14GB of Internet quota and subscribed to Internet Sharing at additional RM10 a month. You can share the full amount of 14GB with your Supplementary lines.                

Will I still get to rollover my Internet quota after subscribing to Internet Sharing?

No, Internet rollover feature is not available with Internet Sharing. Upon subscribing to Internet Sharing, any balance unutilized Internet quota will not be rolled over.

As a Sharing Principal, can I control my Internet allocation to my Supplementary lines?

Yes, you can control and allocate Internet quota to both yourself and your Supplementary lines, via MyDigi App by selecting <Internet Sharing> option.

I looked into the MyDigi app but do not see my other lines to share Internet with. How do I share my Internet with them?

Each Principal line can also share their Internet quota with other Principal lines, but these Principal lines have to be part of the "Family" plan. To group your numbers into a Family plan. kindly walk in to a Digi Store near you or call our Digi helpline at 016 2211 800.

What is the range of the Internet quota allocation setting?

The ranges of Internet quota allocation is by ±100MB. Minimum allocation is 100MB; maximum allocation is up until the total bundled Internet quota of your rate plan subscription less 100MB.

What will happen if I didn’t set allocation for my Supplementary lines?

Internet usage is first-in, first-out basis. Example: Principal subscribes to Digi Postpaid 148 More Internet with 14GB of Internet quota and did not set any allocation. Both Principal and all the Supplementary lines will share the 14GB Internet quota together. All Supplementary lines will be able to utilize the Principal line’s Internet quota freely. 

I have allocated Internet quota to my Supplementary lines, can I increase/decrease this allocation?

Yes, you can increase and decrease quota allocation anytime. Example: If you allocated 100MB to your Supplementary line and he has exceeded 100MB, you may increase the allocation to your Supplementary line via MyDigi App.

Do I have to allocate Internet quota to my Supplementary lines?

If you have a Broadband Supplementary line, do remember to allocate minimum 100MB to this line upon subscribing to Internet Sharing.

Can my Supplementary lines set or change their own Internet allocation?

No, only Principal can control and allocate Internet quota. Supplementary lines can only view their allocation and usages.

Will I get SMS notification for Internet quota allocation?

Yes, both Principal and Supplementary lines will receive SMS notification upon each new, update or removal of quota allocation.

I signed up on Digi Postpaid 98 and subscribed to Internet Sharing. Do I get to rollover any balance unutilized Internet quota?

No, all Digi Postpaid plans with Internet Sharing subscription are not applicable for Internet rollover. Any unutilized Internet quota will be forfeited automatically at the end of the bill cycle.

I have exceeded my monthly Share Internet quota. Can I purchase Top Ups to continue to share and surf?

Yes, you can purchase Share Internet Top Ups to continue to surf and share with your Supplementary lines.

What plans are available for sign up as a Supplementary line to join family and start sharing Internet with the Principal?

You can choose from all Digi Postpaid plans to sign up as a Supplementary line. Alternatively, you also sign up the new Digi Postpaid 38 Supplementary plan to start sharing Internet with your Principal or the Gadget sim for your devices.

I have existing Supplementary lines under my family that are not under Digi Postpaid plans or Gadget sim. Can I still share Internet quota with them?

As long as your Supplementary lines have Mobile Internet and are not Prepaid lines, you can share Internet quota with them.

Contributors