Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The top Android apps you can't live without!

by Community Manager ‎30-08-2017 03:56 PM - edited ‎30-08-2017 04:08 PM

Android users, your smartphone is not complete without these smart apps! From productivity to leisure apps, your Android phone can be the most powerful and useful it can be for the awesome user that you are.

Let's get the list rolling!

1. Nova Launcher

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png
Customise your home screen with moar than just wallpapers and cute icons. Add custom gestures and widgets that make you breeze through your work day with ease besides impressing your peers!

2. Cloud Storage

Google Drive

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png
Often times, cloud storage and local file management work best together. If you use Google Drive and other cloud storage services, you’ll experience the superb convenience of accessing your files from anywhere around the world!

Solid Explorer Classic

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png
Like many other file managers, Solid Explorer makes your phone feel as powerful as your desktop, moving files from one folder to another, organising your phone like a bawse! However, there's one thing that separates Solid Explorer from the rest: Split Screen File Management! Check out the screenshot below.

3. News & Weather
Google Play Newsstand

Screenshot_9.png

Screenshot_10.png
With Google products working together seamlessly, it's not hard to see why we would have picked this app. Google Play Newsstand curates the latest and most popular news articles by category and even let's you save them to be read later.

4. Any PodCast App
Let's face it; nothing beats radio and radio-like services. Just like how it was back in the day, we would let the music, news, talk shows, and more run while we carry out our daily obligations. Multitasking? We've been doing it for generations!

5. Email client(s)

Screenshot_11.pngScreenshot_12.png
If you are a heavy Google user, Gmail is your choice of email client. It's fast, lightweight, simple, and integrates so well with other Google products (shouldn't it?).

However, if you like to experiment other apps out there, try Microsoft Outlook. It integrates so well with most email services, has swipe gestures to clear your emails like a pro, and more!

Find this interesting? We've got more for you only on our Community portal. Explore now!

Comments
by shockk SuperUser
‎21-10-2017 01:13 PM - edited ‎21-10-2017 01:16 PM

My personal favourites: -

1. Todoist
    My most-used ToDo list manager. You may need to pay to get the notifications, but it is well worth the money for me. What I like about this is that it makes it so easy to organize my ToDo lists by categories, and it has a very functional desktop app too.

2. Habitica
    Great and fun way to keep your good habits on track while making it seem like you are just playing a game! Very nifty and interesting. If you're already a gamer, you will feel just at home.

3. Fleksy Keyboard
    The only 3rd party keyboard which I'm using for Android. Superb way of interacting with adding new words, and the autocorrect works splendidly. Give it a try if you haven't already. Have been using it for the past 1 year and it's tremendously helped my typing speed!