Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Signal Selection

Hi,

I'm facing 4G connections issue on my home environment.

4G LTE and  4G LTE-A  is available at my home area. You may check it here.

The address is Jalan Anggerik Villa 2/1,  43500 Semenyih.

I'm able to connect to 4G at my home, but the problem is, once a CALL has been made (in/out), my data connection will changed to E, and it will never gets to 4G again.

I've tried mobile restart, wifi connect/disconnect, network provider scan, turn off mobile data and turn on, all doesn't connects me back to 4G connection. (FYI, I'm using Samsung Galaxy Note 5, with Android 6.0.1)

It would required me to go to another place (like driving to the an area that connects me to 4G),  after I get the 4G connection at another area, and come back to my house, it will stays with 4G, but once a call has been made, it changed to E again.

It's quite a frustrating issue as I mostly using my mobile data at home.

Why is this happening? 

Why it connects to E while 4G is available? 

Re: Signal Selection

i dun think that issue come from digi...just go to gsm arena and review some of the comment their post...android marshmellow on note 5 is not stable yet...u need to go to samsung service centre and change back to lollipop OS...

I've thought about it, but it wasn't the Android problem after a few tests.

I've tested at a few locations, Eg. I made a lot of calls at my office area (Sungai Besi), and it doesn't have the problem like I mentioned above. 

I Googled as per your opinion, and found out that the problem that users claims is that they do not have the 2G/4G connections, http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note5_duos-reviews-7508.php

But what I facing is  slighty different with what they had, I have the 4G connections, which is stable 4G on my working places area but not my home area. 

Anyway, thanks for your opinions =)

Community Manager

@Five1z,  telcos in Malaysia does not have VoLTE yet, that would mean that all voice calls will require the phone to drop the LTE connection and switch to 2G/3G. VoLTE is expected to be available on Digi by this year.

Looks like your device have a handover issue where it refuses to switch back to LTE after a call has completed. Untested on Note 5, what if you go to *#*#4636#*#* and select LTE band only? Please remember to switch back to the default option as no phone calls would be possible if you switch to LTE band only (due to absence of VoLTE  at the moment).

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Well, looks like I have to bear with it until VoLTE is available later this year.

Will try out the suggestion you gave, thanks  =)

Top Kudoed Authors

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers