Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Troubleshooting Slow Internet Issues

by Moderator ‎07-01-2016 12:03 PM - edited ‎07-01-2016 03:07 PM (24,240 Views)

'Slow internet' issues can be frustrating, so here are some ways to help you troubleshoot the problem.

SYMPTOMS OF SLOW INTERNET MAY INCLUDE:

• Web pages will not load.
  • Web pages take a long time to display.
  • Downloads take a long time to complete.

POSSIBLE CAUSES OF SLOW INTERNET:

• You have exceeded your Internet speed quota.
    • Note: If you've received a text message that you've exceeded your Internet speed threshold, you will experience slow speed. You can renew your rate plan or perform Internet Top Up; otherwise you will continue to experience reduced speed until your next renewal date of your plan.
  • Your network signal indicates you are in G (GPRS) or 2G (EDGE) mode.
  • Low signal strength.
  • Network congestion.
  • Internet browser problem.
  • Problem with the device capabilities or setup.
  • Multiple applications are running in the background, which are eating up your Internet quota.
  • Internet speed on a wireless network constantly fluctuates. It is common to have momentary lags in speed. If you continue to have slow Internet speed, the issue could be related to any of the possible causes above.

TO TROUBLESHOOT THIS ISSUE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

1. Make sure your device has at least 2 signal bars.

1.jpg

1. What type of device are you using? Check the user manual of your device to determine if it supports 2G or 3G or 4G / LTE.

2.jpg

Or

http://www.gsmarena.com/

example:  iPhone 6s:

3.jpg

1. If you are using an iPhone, check Apple iOS Software Overview: iPhone to ensure your device is running the most current OS version.

4.jpg 

1. Turn off Wi-Fi.

5.jpgor  6.jpg

1. Make sure that 3G / LTE is enabled on your device. Refer to the user manual of your device for instructions.

7.jpg  or 8.jpg

1. Clear your browser history, cookies, and cache.

9.jpg  or  10.jpg

1. Check for applications running in the background that could be using up your phone’s available bandwidth. If you have third party applications installed, uninstall them and see if the slow Internet speed persists.

11.jpg  or  12.jpg

*Note: Also check to see if your device is currently downloading any application as this can cause lagging speed.

13.jpg or  14.jpg

1. Turn your device off and on, then test the Internet speed.
  2. To check if your location has 3G or LTE service, click here <http://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/ecomm_C/services/default/4g-lte-coverage>. Zoom to your location, and tick the 3G and LTE filters to discover if your location has either service.

15.jpg

1. Launch your device’s web browser, and go to: http://i.dslr.net/iphone_speedtest.html

Alternately, you can go to Google Play Store for Android devices to download the Speedtest.net app. Best to download the app over Wi-Fi

16.jpg

1. Run the speed test.

17.jpg

1. Call Digi Helpline (016-2211 800) or e-mail help@digi.com.my for more assistance
Comments
by Syahime Member
on ‎24-06-2016 06:47 PM

Signal network H+ dan full bar.. tapi Internet connection sangat2 lemah. Masa yang paling kritikal pada pukul 5pm sampai 2am. Sehinggakan gambar dalam facebook@whatsapp pun kadang kadang tak boleh buka. Saya pengguna postpaid plan 78V sebulan dan pengguna samsung note 3. Ni alamat kawasan saya (batu 11 3/4 hadapan sekolah kebangsaan pokok sena 06400 pokok sena kedah) saya berharap pihak digi dapat bantu selesaikan masalah ini yang  hampir 6 bulan tergendala begini.

by GlenMlj Member
on ‎25-07-2016 09:29 PM

Solution above wasn't really that helpful. I would say it's a very basic knowledge that any iOS/Android/WP users are already knows. I've been with digi for almost 10 yrs now and only recently I had the chance to test(or rather had to) use their internet. This afternoon I subscribed their promo 3GB internet data with some add ons-I-don't-remember-what. In my current place now(somewhere in pedalaman Kudat District), phone line be it GSM or 3G HSPA+ are quite good at about 60%~80% signal strength. BUT in terms of internet connection is QUITE TERRIBLE. REALLY! Constant LAG in their internet connection can be quite frustrating I had to turn off my data connection and rely at those Kampung Tanpa Wayar(from Telco C) instead! Of course the KTW internet speed is slower BUT at least they're stable! I felt CHEATED. Pls digi, improve your off-town internet network. You do not want to ended up like Telco M. 

Contributors