Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pokémon Survival 101 - How to be the very BEST! Tips & more!

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

The A-Poké-alypse is upon us! Wanna be the very best? It’s time to get out and about and start your journey as a Pokémon Master. We’ve come up with a list of tips to get you going. 

By the way, any Team Instinct trainers reading this? Special holla to you guys! 

1. Pokémon are friends, not food.

Always remember to have your Pokémon in their best condition. Train them well so that you can take down those rare ones to be added to your Pokédex.

You can also send some of your “extra” Pokémon back to the Professor so that you can receive candy. This candy can then be used to power-up your current Pokémon for you to be a strong trainer!

2. It’s not safe to go alone (I). Go with friends

Not only will it be safer, it is sure to be more fun when you have your bunch of “Pokémon-kaki”. Imagine chasing a digital Pikachu around just like how we used to chase chickens…

3. It’s not safe to go alone (II). Good shoes, water, and powerbank(s)

Always be prepared. Since you will be out and about (and quite likely for a few hours at once) always take the necessary items like:

-          Good walking shoes

-          A cap and/or umbrella

-          Lots of water. A good trainer knows to stay hydrated

-          Powerbank(s)

stay hydrated.PNG

This is our Pokemon GO survival kit. Did we miss anything out? Share your thoughts with us!

Here’s also where you can get a powerbank of your own.

4. Stay off the road

Long story short, you would not want to be on the same space as cars travelling at 60km/h or more. Malaysia’s Pokémon Go and Ingress (another AR game by the same creators, Niantic) scenes are best played around social hotspots like malls, parks, and public transportation stations.

5. Keep walking on the walkways.

Remember to keep walking or stop at a safe spot so that other pedestrians will not bump into you.

6. Replenish your in-app supplies.

Sometimes, catching Pokémon requires a bit of luck. You may run out of that as well as Pokéballs. Take a walk and visit a Poké Stop near you to, swipe on its icon, and collect your supplies.

7. Turn off AR or turn-on Battery Saving mode

Stretch your battery’s capacity when you turn off the extra frills in the Pokemon Go app to encourage efficient use. The less power drained, the more battery you have to Catch ‘Em All!

8. Pokemon are friends, not food (II)

Keep training and having your Pokemon strong so that you can maintain or take over gyms near you.

Here’s the perfect chance to get out of the house and walk Smiley Happy

muscular pokemon.PNG

Did we miss anything out? 

Share your tips below!!!

pokemon ash.PNG

---
Hope my post has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!
Highlighted

Re: Pokémon Survival 101 - How to be the very BEST! Tips & more!

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

After playing for 2 days, this is what I would say to the new trainers...

PokeStop.jpg

Community Manager

I use DC shoes as walkabouts when I do my training

much comfort, such walk. wow

wow! nice useful tips hehe could use some then hehhe Smiley Happy

SuperUser

wanna just add that this is ultimately... a GAME.

the idea of games is to relax and have fun. dun get too stressed.

Gyms are meant to be won and lost. the fun comes from going together with friends to take over the gyms, and then get taken over. that is the fun of it.

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Community Manager

Agree! It's just a game.... but it's sooo fun! 

Community Manager

Another tip from my  Team Instinct bro's!

• Keep your lucky eggs. Only use it when you have hoarded a lot of candy. Best candies to keep are the ones that evolve with only 12 candy. Once you can evolve 10 or more, only use lucky egg and then evolve them. Lucky egg gives you twice the xp. Each evolve is 500xp, with lucky egg, 1000xp.

• use your unlimited usage egg incubator on the 2.0km or less. And use the limited (3) usage on 5-10km. It will allow you to have a shorter turn around time between hatching eggs
Top Kudoed Authors

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers