Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Live Chat Representative giving misleading answers

On 24/03/2017 at 10:50:20am I said "I have again some question after reading the prepaid live plan details. Free call and sms to 6 digi buddy. These 6 person must also must be using digi? Or must be using digi prepaid live? For example what about digi postpaid user can be added into these 6 buddy's list?"

This chat history is originally provided by your representative via live chat.

and you have replied at 11:12:53am "Pertaining to your inquiry, you may add any digi number as your Buddyz numbers. It does not have to be Digi Prepaid LiVe."

Now, you are telling me, you did not provide wrong information according to this chat history.
I would like to know, your answer is pointing towards the Free call and sms I mentioned or your digi prepaid live free 1000 min call to buddy?
Like this also not consider giving wrong information? Isn't this misleading? telling pertaining to my inquiry and you answered about free 1000 min call's stuff.
I don't mind if you don't admit it. I just want to share this out.

I am not here to get back my RM39 due to my own mistakes on trusting live chat representative and did not make any further detail looking onto the terms and condition of the package. I am here to let you know, digi live chat representative maybe gaves wrong information and insist saying not giving wrong information. Maybe their  FREE call and FREE 1000min call is the same since he or she answered refering to my question yet did not telling me its free 1000 min instead.

** highly recommending DIGI provide notification on 1000 min limit reached or fully utilized notice or include in the MY DIGI apps for the balance checking

Re: Live Chat Representative giving misleading answers

Community Manager

@wxywoon, looking at the reply, the CS representative's answer is correct. You can add any Digi number into Buddyz list. The free calls and SMS to 6 Buddyz is indeed having a fair usage policy of 1000 minutes as depicted in prepaid plan page: http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

[ Edited ]

MrOctopusK wrote:

@wxywoon, looking at the reply, the CS representative's answer is correct. You can add any Digi number into Buddyz list. The free calls and SMS to 6 Buddyz is indeed having a fair usage policy of 1000 minutes as depicted in prepaid plan page: http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans

Greetings, so you are saying, in your opinion, whether  the representative refers to the [free call and sms] or [free 1000 min call and sms] is the same because it is mention in the fair usage policy of 1000 minutes as depicted in prepaid plan page: http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans? Or dont you think representative should have told the consumer when they mention  free call to avoid misleading?

Community Manager

@wxywoon, agreed that in your example scenario, it would be ideal. Digi CS representative would be able to inform of the 1000 minutes FUP if there were noticeable signs of the customer being uninformed of it. We hope to serve you better in future.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Finally some one has noticed. Although it is also my fault for not looking or asking into details but the representative should have told me at least I should be aware there is a limitation and I don't have to waste rm39 for normal calls because I can make data voice call instead. BTW, what I want earlier during live chat complaint session was they admit they careless has caused me this bad experience and they will take note on this kind of matter to prevent but they did not.
Anyway, I am just here to share not to complaint.

Well.. is this consider wrong or misleading information? Unlimited is definitely not 1000min right?

Community Manager

wxywoon wrote:
Well.. is this consider wrong or misleading information? Unlimited is definitely not 1000min right?

The promo is called Unlimited Calls and SMS, but does have fair usage policy. Most prepaid promos have a fair usage policy to deter abuse. Sometimes the promo started without such FUP but some users are very quick to abuse them and new terms will have be placed in.

Unlimited calls on postpaid is true unlimited. Postpaid 150 Infinite's data quota is also truly unlimited.

MrOctopusK wrote:

wxywoon wrote:

The promo is called Unlimited Calls and SMS, but does have fair usage policy. Most prepaid promos have a fair usage policy to deter abuse. Sometimes the promo started without such FUP but some users are very quick to abuse them and new terms will have be placed in.

Unlimited calls on postpaid is true unlimited. Postpaid 150 Infinite's data quota is also truly unlimited.

Thanks again for your attention. What you trying to point out is similar to my feedback on this matter where official website updates should be done regularly so that the details are delivered to avoid misleading information because to me and I believed to all consumer, UNLIMITED means end less and no limitation.

And to me, fair usage policy FUP is not a term to be used with UNLIMITED  since direct translate of the word UNLIMITED means no limitation and FUP is a limitation. It would be at least better if you have indicated [UNLIMITED* ... ... *fair usage policy applies] or even better without the UNLIMITED such as [FREE CALLS* ... ... *fair usage policy applies].

FUP in internet service I can easily understand, FUP in calls I can barely understand, But to me, it doesnt matters now.

I accepted apologizes from DIGI in live chat, in emails for providing misleading information although refund is not possible. Since I have made the call, charges onto that call is reasonable too even though official website providing wrong or misleading information has indirectly cost my lost on paying the call charges that I thought to be free and unlimited.

BUT most important is PLEASE UPDATE the  OFFICIAL WEBSITE INFORMATION asap because FAQ is answering people's thoughts and questions so it SHOULD BE IN AS CLEAR  AS POSSIBLE. Although everybody has the responsibilities to read the terms and conditions in details but I believe if your FAQ answers are 100% correct and clear enough, nothing much people will complaint because of their own fault for not reading the details where everybody does the same.

Thank you for your replies and I appreciates your advices and information also.

Support

wxywoon, we appreciate ur feedback on this and it has been highlighted to the respective team for further consideration and action. 

Top Kudoed Authors

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers