Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is Board band 60 YouTube streaming really free?

I noticed that there is deduction of normal Internet quota when I only surf YouTube. Why? how can I solve this problem.
Secondly, if I surf YouTube without using YouTube apps, will it deduct my Internet normal quota too? Thanks.
Highlighted

Re: Is Board band 60 YouTube streaming really free?

SuperUser

Hi!

How are you using your broadband? Via MiFi?  As for me, I'm using it via a 4G Wireless router  (TP-Link MR200) on my desktop. Usually surfing youtube via website so i don't see my quota being used for that but instead the free streaming one Smiley Happy.

___
Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up.If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster! Meow De Ge So!

Community Manager

Anne1 wrote:
I noticed that there is deduction of normal Internet quota when I only surf YouTube. Why? how can I solve this problem.
Secondly, if I surf YouTube without using YouTube apps, will it deduct my Internet normal quota too? Thanks.

When you stream a YouTube video, does all the data usage account to normal quota? 

Do make sure you're not using any VPN or browser's data saver, that may obsfucate your network traffic from Digi.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

I'm using mifi, will that cause the difference? The free stream also limited to 10gb right?

Due to I'm using mifi, so there are times a few devices are mainly streaming YouTube apps and not other apps.
Did you mean, use browser to watch YouTube video will use up the normal quota?
BTW, few devices stream at a times will account the same amount of data or a total amount of data used by all devices? Tq.

Community Manager

Anne1 wrote:
Due to I'm using mifi, so there are times a few devices are mainly streaming YouTube apps and not other apps.
Did you mean, use browser to watch YouTube video will use up the normal quota?
BTW, few devices stream at a times will account the same amount of data or a total amount of data used by all devices? Tq.

You can use Youtube app/browser and other stream-free providers though the Mi-fi and the usage is supposed to go to Stream Free. Content loaded other than the stream-free content providers will deduct quota. http://new.digi.com.my/broadband

You have 10GB a month for stream-free. When you have a few devices streaming at the same time, it would be the total amount of data used by each devices.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this We Care About Your Network to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.
Top Kudoed Authors

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers