Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Purchase on the App Store, Apple Music & iTunes with Digi!

by Community Manager ‎30-08-2017 02:24 PM - edited ‎30-08-2017 02:36 PM

Apple DOB_ Web Carousel.jpg

You can now make purchases on the App Store and iTunes and subscribe for Apple Music using your Digi account!

The purchases you make will be billed through your Digi Postpaid or deducted from your Prepaid balance.

Now, let’s get started! Find out how to set up a new account here

Digi Carrier Billing for App Store, Apple Music & iTunes FAQs

GENERAL
Q1. What is this service about?
A1. Direct Billing enables you to make purchases on any Apple platform and pay for it through your Digi monthly bill or prepaid balance.

Q2. What types of digital content can I purchase using carrier billing as a payment method?
A2. At present, you can make purchases from the App Store andiTunes Store, subscribe to Apple Music, and buy iCloud storage etc.

Q3. How do I sign up for this service?
A3. You will need to set up an Apple ID before using this service. Once you have an Apple ID, you will be able to select Mobile Phone billing the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes or in your Account Settings in your iPhone Settings.

PAYMENT & PURCHASES
Q1. I have made a purchase on the App Store. Where can I see it in my bill?
A1. The charges will be listed in the Mobile Services section as iTunes or Apple Media.

Q2. Is there a maximum amount of purchases that can be charged to my Digi bill?
A2. There is no spend limit on Digi Prepaid.
Digi Postpaid users will have a cap of RM500 for every rolling 30 days from the first transaction.

Q3. I have set up carrier billing for my Apple ID. Does this mean that all my other Apple devices that are logged in to the same Apple ID will charge purchases to my Digi bill?
A3. Yes, carrier billing will be set as the default payment mode if you are using the same Apple ID on different Apple devices. Do note that for verification purposes, a One-time-password will be sent to you before any purchase is made.

Q4. I have multiple Apple devices logged in to the same Apple ID. Can I selectively disable iTunes DCB for specific devices?
No, you will not be able to selectively disable carrier billing for specific Apple devices as payment information is tagged to your Apple ID.
A4. Will I be able to charge my purchases to another Digi mobile number using the same Apple ID?
Yes, simply follow the steps below to charge your purchases to another Digi mobile number:
a) Visit http://apple.co/digi
b) Select ‘Mobile Phone’ and then ‘Use Different Mobile Number’.
c) Enter the mobile number you wish to charge your purchases to.
d) Fill in the Account information and click ‘Next’. A verification code will be sent to you.
e) Once the code has been verified, you will be returned to the Account screen.
f) Select ‘Done’ and you are now ready to make purchases!

Q5. What happens if I change my mobile number? Will I need to set up carrier billing again?
A5. Yes, you will need to set up carrier billing again.

TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS
Q1. Do I need internet access to use carrier billing?
A1. Yes. In order to use carrier billing, you must be connected to the Internet via mobile data or WiFi.

DATA CHARGES
Q1. Apart from the application’s listed price, are there any additional fees for the use of mobile billing service?
A1. Yes. Data charges are applicable when browsing the marketplace and when downloading applications. Kindly note that if you were to use this service while abroad, data roaming charges will apply.

CANCELLATION & REFUND REQUESTS
Q1. I have been wrongly charged for a purchase. How do I go about requesting for a refund?
A1. For all cancellation and refund requests, please contact Apple directly through getsupport.apple.com > Apple ID > iTunes Store & App Store > Unrecognized Charge > Choose Contact Options (email, call, webchat)

TERMS & CONDITIONS
Q1. What are the terms and conditions of using carrier billing?
A1. For the full Terms and Conditions, please refer to itunes.com/bill

Contributors