Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Manage your Digi Facebook Data with Facebook Flex - Here's how.

by Community Manager ‎21-06-2017 01:22 PM - edited ‎11-07-2017 02:37 PM

Greetings everyone!

Are you a Digi Prepaid user? Do you spend most of your time on Facebook? If the answer is  yes to both, then you’ll want to take control of your data. With the new Facebook Flex, you can easily toggle between Free Mode and Data Mode (paid) whenever you want!

Screenshot_1.png

Find out how the Facebook Flex works:

If you’re on a new plan
- Without Internet subscription

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png
- With Internet subscription

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

If you’re on our Legacy plans
- Without Internet subscription

Screenshot_6.png

- With Internet subscription

Screenshot_7.png

If you're using Facebook web:

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_9.png

Where is Facebook Flex available?
A1. Android devices – Facebook app, web browsers (i.e. Google Chrome, UC, Opera)
iOS devices – Safari browser
Feature phones – Web browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Opera)

Facebook Flex FAQs
Q1. What is the “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex) about?
A1. It’s a new feature in Facebook which allows customers to access text only content in Facebook for FREE.

Q2. How is the “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex) different from regular Facebook?
A2. The “FREE” basic version of Facebook (Facebook Flex) allows subscribers to flexibly switch between two modes – free mode and data mode. Free mode is a basic version of Facebook were you can access text only content (post, comment, like and chat) for FREE.
To view photos or videos, switch to data mode by clicking on the “View Photos” button. You will be charged for data in this mode. If you do not have an existing data pack/ low on data, you will get a prompt with available data packs for your purchase. Go back to free mode anytime by clicking the “Go to Free” button.

Q3 How do I access “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex) from my device?
A3. You can access from mobile application or on mobile browser via the link http://m.facebook.com.

Q4. What devices are compatible for using “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex)?
A4. All data compatible Android devices are able to access via Facebook Android mobile application or the link http://m.facebook.com will be able to view free text only content.
The “FREE” basic version of Facebook (Facebook Flex) is not on Facebook iOS mobile application and Facebook mobile application.

Q5. Do I need to download a new mobile application to access the “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex)?
A5. You can access the “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex) on your existing Facebook mobile application.

'

Q6. Who can enjoy “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex)?
A6. Digi is currently running a campaign with Facebook. As such, only exclusively selected prepaid subscribers who received the SMS notification from Digi can enjoy this new feature on Facebook.

Q7. What is the campaign period for “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex)?
A7. Selected Digi subscribers can enjoy this new feature from 21st June – 28th August 2017.

Q8. How can I view the full Facebook experience?
A8. You can view full Facebook experience with photos and videos by clicking on “View Photos” button, which switches you to data mode. Keep in mind that data charges will apply.
If you do not have an existing data pack/ running low on data, you will get a prompt with available data packs for your purchase. You can go back to free mode anytime by clicking the “Go to Free” button.

Q9. What if I don’t have an active data plan on my account and would like to view pictures/ videos on Facebook?
A9. You will be prompted with available data packs for your purchase.

Q10. What if I want to buy data pack on Facebook but do not have sufficient account balance?
A10. Please reload your account via our MyDigi application or www.digi.com.my . Then you may purchase the data pack on Facebook.

Q11. What are the languages is the “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex) available in?
A11. Most major languages are supported i.e. English, Bahasa Malaysia,Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia.

Q12. I registered my Facebook with non-Digi phone number, can I enjoy “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex)?
A12. Yes. Digi subscribers who access data from Digi network can enjoy this new feature.

Q13. I have no data plan/ quota balance, can I enjoy “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex)?
A13. Yes, this new feature can be accessed without data charges. Therefore when you have run out of balance (zero balance), you are able to enjoy the basic version of Facebook for FREE.

Q14. I received SMS from Digi on the “FREE” basic version (FB Flex), but the free mode switch does not appear on my phone. Why?
A14. Please restart Facebook android application or refresh Facebook on mobile web browser, the free mode switch should appear. You can also update the latest Facebook Android application to enjoy the latest product release.

Q15. Please restart Facebook android application or refresh Facebook on mobile web browser, the free mode switch should appear. You can also update the latest Facebook Android application to enjoy the latest product release.
A15. You will not be able to enjoy Facebook Flex for free on the mobile device that is connected to your hostpot.

Q16. What if I initially clicked “no Thanks” to use Facebook for free but now I want to use it?
A16. If you are using the Facebook Android application, visit your bookmarks within the Facebook application and click “Facebook Flex” under favourites.
If you are using facebook.com web browser, go to your Facebook menu and click “Facebook Flex” under favourites.

Q17. How do I opt-out of using “FREE” basic version of Facebook (FB Flex)?
A17. On the initial screen that invites you to participate, just click “No Thanks” instead of “Continue”.

Q18. What if I started using “FREE” basic version of Facebook ( FB Flex) but now I don’t want to use it anymore?
A18. To opt-out of FB Flex: When in data mode, click on the “?” next to “You’re in Data Mode”.
You can also visit your Facebook bookmarks (if using the Facebook Android application) or Facebook menu (if using facebook.com) to opt-out.

Q19. When does the validity of the Unlimited Social – Lite/ Unlimited Internet - Lite expire?
A19. It will expire 24 hours upon purchase

Q20. Is there a Fair Usage Policy for Unlimited Social – Lite/ Unlimited Internet – Lite?
A20. Yes, the Fair Usage Policy are as follows:
Unlimited Social – Lite : 10GB
Unlimited Internet – Lite : 10GB

Contributors